Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

Low res textures?

I'm more worried by the fact they reload bullpup weapons by inserting the magazine in front of their left hand.

Pretty poor level of detail, unless the real pack will correct this?

Decent solution from BIS, it's just that there isn't too much that's exciting in this pack.

Maybe the arty computer will prove to be a step forward...

The DLC would probably be more authentic and correct things sure..but until then it's free, what more do you want, gotta have some compromises.

Edited by NodUnit

Getting the errors aswell (Sprocket Version).

Copying the file to the ArmA2 directory did not resolve the issue.

Restart your computer, it worked for me. But I hope that the installation has not been altered.

sigh, anyone know where Sprocket downloads to? I've dl'd the BAF but had to cancel thte auto-installation because I was playing Arma2. Now I want to install it manually but can't find the damn file!

EDIT Nvm found it (my docs/sprocket ) :)

Edited by Mandrake5

Does the patch also updates the DedicatedServer executable, or should we wait for the file separately ?

I just updated our server the same as I did my game, no erorrs and it updated the server.exe ;)

sigh, anyone know where Sprocket downloads to? I've dl'd the BAF but had to cancel thte auto-installation because I was playing Arma2. Now I want to install it manually but can't find the damn file!

Sprocket saves my files under Documents\Sprocket.

What a superb idea BIS ..... great stuff. Downloading 1.54 now (and then BAF DLC later on :) )

@Mr Burns solid plan = rolling the dice :D

BIS patches are sometimes not properly tested before release. Perhaps its an mass psychological test... maybe BIS got assimilated by the Borg Collective :p

@])rStrangelove better solution is what I said - at least DLC content hidden/not available for non DLC users and a clear description in mission selection/mp browser incl. DLC content warning.

Created a torrent for everybody to use and share. Hopefully, this is not against the rules. I have seen links to torrents for the other patches for ArmA though. Hosted on a dedicated server, so should be quick ;).

Edit: link removed due to uncertain sharing conditions on this board.

Edited by eViLsTieFel

WTF are us steam users supposed to do? Not only we use a lesser version with missing weaponsTurret command, we don't even get the update at the same time as everyone else.

The only reason I bought Arma 2 on steam is that it isn't popular enough for stores in my area to actually get it into their stock. .

I haven't bought anything through Steam since RO and wont.

Check out e-bay for NEW ArmA2 games (don't buy used). You'll probably get them before Steam gets sorted out and you won't have this problem again.

Hmmm one download from one site says 1.54_2 another say 1.54

I HOPE they are the same !

Been through the thread but haven't seen this particular info:

Does the BAF payware include the 1.54 patch? Or do I need both?

If you have purchased BAF you DO NOT need to patch :) just install BAF

I haven't bought anything through Steam since RO and wont.

Check out e-bay for NEW ArmA2 games (don't buy used). You'll probably get them before Steam gets sorted out and you won't have this problem again.

out of my 200+ games, ArmA is the only one thats fucked around alot on steam

i love steam, but not with ArmA products:(

Except I'm not going to re-buy the game nor over-pay for (usually) huge shipment costs, that is if they are even willing to ship over to Israel. Also, waiting for a hard copy instead of getting the game right away is just as bad as having to wait for patches, so it's really choosing between getting screwed at point A or getting screwed at point B. Both cases you get screwed, just at a different time.

Someone from BIS should really start actually using Steam...

Careful, evilstiefel. People have been banned for using the T-word in the past, no matter how innocently you use it.

So, I tried out the stuff and it is nice.

Except I'm not going to re-buy the game nor over-pay for (usually) huge shipment costs, that is if they are even willing to ship over to Israel. Also, waiting for a hard copy instead of getting the game right away is just as bad as having to wait for patches, so it's really choosing between getting screwed at point A or getting screwed at point B. Both cases you get screwed, just at a different time.

Someone from BIS should really start actually using Steam...

i dont understand why they cant let the patches out side of steam work.

they did it before, they should be able to do it again

dwarden is allways hanging around on the steam forums to...........

hopeless :j:

Careful, evilstiefel. People have been banned for using the T-word in the past, no matter how innocently you use it.

So, I tried out the stuff and it is nice.

Roger. I have removed the link from the post. No intentions for evil-doings here ;)

@ RoyaltyinExile:

Do we dedicated server admins need to install the BAF DLC on the dedicated server or will the placeholders from the 154 patch be enough? I'm guessing the latter...

If you have purchased BAF you DO NOT need to patch :) just install BAF

i just hope there are no problems if you install BAF over the Patch..?!

question to BIS Devs:

I couldnt buy BAF by myself, so someone was so nice and bought it for me from sprocket. He send me the key and im downloading it.

he told me that you have to activate the game via email adress and the key. i hope there arent any problems if you do it like that?

Jman;1730693']@ RoyaltyinExile:

Do we dedicated server admins need to install the BAF DLC on the dedicated server or will the placeholders from the 154 patch be enough? I'm guessing the latter...

Ahhh yes. Superb question that I need to know as well.

Jman;1730693']@ RoyaltyinExile:

BAF Lite is designed specifically with dedicated servers in mind' date=' 1.54 will be enough for your needs.

18 pages and no oned has posted the changelog?

Changelog is listed here.

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

If you have had the great pleasure of purchasing BAF from Sprocket or Steam, it will update your game - so you should not need to download and apply patch 1.54.

RiE

I ran the game after installing BAF, and it told me I needed 1.54 :(

Yeah, Rellikki just sent me this:

[im]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp284/basule/arma2OA2010-08-2612-47-14-77.jpg[/img]

They really are quite bad. :p

Actually, I used to play this game on a low-end laptop that barely made the minimum specs for the game at 800x600 with all textures at minimum...BAF Lite is actually slightly better than the LOD for the units at those settings.

Props to BIS for the release that kept all of us together.

Edited by Placebo