Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

My point is...

If BIS has said, we are going to release a british armed forces mod with a free patch/update. We are also going to release a high res texture pack and campaign for £8, then i might feel a bit differently about the whole situation

I get an missions_e.pbo update error twwice while installing:

arrowhead154fail.jpg

And at startup this one:

arrowhead154startupproblems.jpg

Update: Disregard the last error .....this one you only get if you run them beta mod with the new patch!!! How silly of me

Edited by larsiano
another error msg

pitty no one knows anything about the fucking steam version!

ahh this allways makes me mad, thought i would have been used to it by now

Edited by W0lle
You don't need 202 exclamation works

I get an missions_e.pbo update error twwice while installing:

arrowhead154fail.jpg

did you override your addons when you installed your mods? or you kept them in their separate folder?

im about to install the patch with Steam arma 2 and sprocket OA... i have no idea how it's gonna go down

Just ahving a little play with the BAF units in the patch. I can see why they have called it BAF Lite. It is "Lite". Textures are awful, really not playable at all. They are only good for a preview. You know how you can occasionally get the really low res textures on buildings for a second or two when loading a mission half way through? They all look like that. Or like this:

arma2OA2010-08-2612-47-14-77.jpg

Its just a preview of the units in the DLC. That's all. I've pre-ordered, and will be very happy to have them brought up to the standard of the rest of A2/OA.

Gonna have a fly around Sharpur...even that looks quite small for an A2 map. (maybe it is that small).

Guyz it's a lite version of BAF, why are people upset when they will get quality texture models with DLC, Who would want a lite version if u really wanted the BAF DLC.

The army are not upset about VBS2 lite and that game costs thousands and u get the lite version for free just like non buying BAF DLC users get

I think its a great way to deal with the problem of dividing the community between those who buy the DLC and those who dont.

Everyone still gets to play together.

And the same people who whined about the DLC splitting the community are still gonna be the same people who whine about those who didnt buy the DLC getting something for free.

I.e. some people always fucking whine.

But this is a good solution.

Thanks for posting the pic. It's actually a pretty good solution on BIS' part. I'll be buying for sure now (assuming the Steam situation improves :raisebrow:)

Hahahaha love the look of those BAF lite... cannay wait to get home to try....Might get a performance increase from that no? Hahahahaha Dont get payed till goddamned tuesday..... I was planning on drinking and playing BAF

I think its a great way to deal with the problem of dividing the community between those who buy the DLC and those who dont.

Everyone still gets to play together.

And the same people who whined about the DLC splitting the community are still gonna be the same people who whine about those who didnt buy the DLC getting something for free.

I.e. some people always fucking whine.

But this is a good solution.

I so agree.

HA! I totally (didnt)call this!

there really was a good solution to that "MP problem" ;)

how much worse are the sound fx?

BIS is listening to the whinners that complaints bout paid contents killing the mod community... So now BIS is giving free contents so it can still be modded by great modders to take advantage of those models so everyone can play happily together....

I sure glad I paid to support BIS, so next time we can still get good stuffs coming out.

I'm all for keeping the community together, and giving more... Limited features, plus I'm happy to pay $10 for the DLC to support BIS...

But I can hardly tell the difference usually between high and low-res textures and audio (unless you go from 1024x1024 to 256x256, and 320 to like 86, say). Thus it means I spent $10 for a campaign and an island...

It doesn't bug me all that much, but I can see it annoying those who are more... Fragile.

I do hope it keeps the majority happy nonetheless. :D

Before everyone starts whining about performance decrease remember to defrag ur game directory after installing your patch.

I do this everytime i install a major or beta patch with gamebooster.

And trust me it works

EDIT:

Oops wrong thread. can a mod please move this to patch 1.54 thread

Edited by vasmkd
wrong thread

Just ahving a little play with the BAF units in the patch. I can see why they have called it BAF Lite. It is "Lite". Textures are awful, really not playable at all. They are only good for a preview. You know how you can occasionally get the really low res textures on buildings for a second or two when loading a mission half way through? They all look like that. Or like this:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp284/basule/arma2OA2010-08-2612-47-14-77.jpg/IMG]

Its just a preview of the units in the DLC. That's all. I've pre-ordered, and will be very happy to have them brought up to the standard of the rest of A2/OA.

Gonna have a fly around Sharpur...even that looks quite small for an A2 map. (maybe it is that small).

Try running without ACE. should give you better textures, or so im told

It's a very good solution, but I think maybe BIS should have announced it earlier and shown some comparison screenshots, just so people have an idea how bad the low quality versions actually look. The units are really just placeholders, nothing more, but already there are people whining about how they paid "just for textures".