Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

Yippie...no more guys just skipping Betas for better Auto fire control in Multiplayer. Also, the solution with the DLC is a good one.

Well, I'm installing. Guess I'll have first-hand experience if it ends up conflicting with the DLC.

How to use Artillery Computer? I mean, what I need to do to start it from Action Menu? What units are connected with this action?

Low res BAF units are just placeholders to all, who don't want use DLC, but they want play on public servers with DLC.

It did say they where place holders so I asume they will just get over written when we get the full BAF :)

brilliant solution BIS! i bought the DLC and dig the pathc solution you guys came up with. v smart.

It's a bit odd that they're so low-res...

Please Zipper, engage your brain. If they were of bearable quality there would be a significant number of cheapskates players who would simply put up with them and consider it free content. Which would miss the point entirely of paid DLC.

This is to make BI money, releasing them in a patch is doing us all the favour of ensuring multiplayer compatibility. Not to give anyone free content.

Please Zipper, engage your brain. If they were of bearable quality there would be a significant number of cheapskates players who would simply put up with them and consider it free content. Which would miss the point entirely of paid DLC.

This is to make BI money, releasing them in a patch is doing us all the favour of ensuring multiplayer compatibility. Not to give anyone free content.

Yep well said...

I think they look ok really well I have been playing amra2 on a 10 year old pc :P

Thanks.

I know that. My point is - won't it be a bit odd for those uninformed to see units permanently stuck with such low-res textures? Won't it kinda suck gameplay wise? I can understand it's purpose, and I fully support it, but it's a bit of an odd execution.

At first I was kind of irritated that the DLC is in the patch. Then I downloaded the patch and tried it out, and boy am I glad I pre-ordered the BAF. Right now it looks so ugly, it's even worse than going back to the original Unreal Tournament 11 years ago. It's THAT bad. Some of the weapons are even useless because of the blurred out sights on them (one of the sniper rifles, the NLAW, and Susat all were so bad). Even the pictures of the weapons in the Gear selection screen were blurry. As for Shapur being free, it's just an island, and now I can use it in multiplayer without having to go through the Queens Gambit issue. Hurray for freebies!

On that note, just under 40 minutes and we can start enjoying the REAL textures and audio for the BAF. Can't wait!

Thanks.

I know that. My point is - won't it be a bit odd for those uninformed to see units permanently stuck with such low-res textures? Won't it kinda suck gameplay wise? I can understand it's purpose, and I fully support it, but it's a bit of an odd execution.

what's odd about it? hopefully it will entice/annoy people into buying the dlc and supporting the franchise. a touch of genius IMO

Edited by Mandrake5

I had only this error while patching

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\MISSIONS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

I just ignored it and ArmA 2 OA patch 1.54 has been applied successfully. :icon_lol:

Edited by RobertHammer

I am imagining those playing with the patch in MP, easy FOF recognizing.....

If the guy looks like a marine in quake 1... it's a friendly... else just shoot...

Im all for paying out £8 to obtain High Res Units and support a company that continues to support us by providing such a high quality game and features like the British Forces Army.

The simple fact of the matter is that if we continue to support BIS by purchasing these DLC's we will end up with a fantastic product in the future as they will have the necessary funds to continue with the Arma/OA project.

Those of you that can't afford the DLC at the moment have been catered for by BIS by providing you with a Free Low Res Addon of the units to enable you to play online with others so don't quite understand what all the complaints are about.

Video is processing still but will appear below:

1vKjDBl7AO4

Direct link:

Edited by Placebo

How to use Artillery Computer? I mean, what I need to do to start it from Action Menu? What units are connected with this action?

Low res BAF units are just placeholders to all, who don't want use DLC, but they want play on public servers with DLC.

get in as gunner on an arty piece, choose arty computer. the small - medium - large are the different ranges, so small means the minimum range is about 4km radius, and the max about 6km radius, so click on the map some where between those two radius...es. the gun will automatically aim at that position. then just click the fire button. i dont think you can adjust the spread

Yeah, seems okay just to ignore them.

Been messing around with it now and by God am I happy I bought the DLC. I'm actually laughing walking around with these ridiculous looking guys and their voices that sound like they're underwater. :D

even the iron sites and scope hairs are blurry?....ummm thats a little bit of a bugger as people who cant afford it will never be very good if the iron sites and cross hairs are impossible to make out for aiming heheheh.

Got any screen shots of the sites?.

I got the same for Sprocket version of OA.

Anyone got any idea.

Whole list is

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\AIR_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\AIR_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\ANIMALS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\CA_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\DUBBINGRADIO_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\MISC_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\MISSIONS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

even the iron sites and scope hairs are blurry?....ummm thats a little bit of a bugger as people who cant afford it will never be very good if the iron sites and cross hairs are impossible to make out for aiming heheheh.

stop the drama already please..It's 10EUs, not 1000...No matter what country you live in (one where you can afford to have a PC able to run it, and a internet connection), 10EUs is not gonna matter all that much one way or the other..

Edited by PuFu

Got any screen shots of the sites?.

That's BIS objective, you can play with people who have DLC but you aren't going to play with the BAF units

Mmmm... last time i had such errors was when patching from 1.04 to 1.05, and i add to reinstall the whole bunch and patch from 1.01 to 1.07 to have the game correctly patched.

BI patching process is definitely far from being flawless :rolleyes:

The "placeholders idea" is great, and pretty funny.

Ah ok ummm what if the only units that are available are the BAF ones hahahaha eg DM not that many people play suce a boreing game :P