Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

I've got to say that despite it's size, Sharpur's a nice little map.

At first I was kind of irritated that the DLC is in the patch. Then I downloaded the patch and tried it out, and boy am I glad I pre-ordered the BAF. Right now it looks so ugly, it's even worse than going back to the original Unreal Tournament 11 years ago. It's THAT bad. Some of the weapons are even useless because of the blurred out sights on them (one of the sniper rifles, the NLAW, and Susat all were so bad). Even the pictures of the weapons in the Gear selection screen were blurry.

Makes you wonder what the point was...

Makes you wonder what the point was...

To keep the MP community some what together

For anyone getting the install errors, we've found a solution...

Copy the patch file to your main Arma2 directory and install it from there.

EDIT: seems this isn't a solution after all, apollogies. :(

suicidesquad.co.uk

Edited by Bob [SES]
Error

Ohhh thanks will remember to do so when I come to install it :)

To clarify, essentially, patch 1.54 offers a preview version of British Armed Forces, alongside fixes, improvements and extensions detailed in the release documentation.

The patch adds BAF objects at placeholder-resolution quality - capped at 64px. For reference: the original Operation Flashpoint commonly uses 256px; Arma 2 textures are capped at 2048px. Audio is sampled to 22KHz; compression quality is minimal.

Fundamentally, this means they can act as proxies during multiplayer sessions, enabling a workable degree of compatibility across the community.

The official DLC provides top-spec quality textures, audio, Crimson Lance, nine standalone missions, and a showcase scenario. Furthermore, Shapur's satellite texture is provided in high-resolution quality.

RiE

nice love the way they sorted that out i am glad i pay for it it cost me 3 pts of beer keep up the good work bi

Server updated to 1.54 and clients get this error joining...

Wrong signature for file expansion\addons\missions_e.pbo

downloaded patch from several different mirrors, and get same error with missions_e.pbo signature

Edited by Wildgoose

is it just me or does placeholder-resolution quality not realy look that bad hahahahahahaha.

Only thing that realy is I would say is the iron sites and cross hairs if they look bad I want to see pics of them if any one has some.

Cheers BIS great idea.

WTF are us steam users supposed to do? Not only we use a lesser version with missing weaponsTurret command, we don't even get the update at the same time as everyone else.

The only reason I bought Arma 2 on steam is that it isn't popular enough for stores in my area to actually get it into their stock. I don't like steam very much, but didn't have much of a choice (assuming I actually wanted to play and not wait 2 months for finding the game in a shop and even then pay 30% more for it because shops in my area rip you off badly).

Now I'm stuck in the same situation I'd be stuck if I didn't use steam when the game was launched - I can't play until someone capable decides this game is important enough to warrant a solution...

At least some kind of announcement stating how us steam users would get the game updated would be nice. Right now we're simply screwed and can't play online until a solution is available, and don't even know if/when a solution will be available.

That's BIS objective, you can play with people who have DLC but you aren't going to play with the BAF units

Thats exactly it.

I think people will confuse this with "playing the units" ... clearly to play the units first person, the only best way is to pay for it.

These free patch "placeholder" are so you can play along side or against etc without being kicked or not playing at all, which means the complainers and MP splitting doomsayers can now eat their words. :)

I dont mind at all, if I know I haven't purchased a future pack but I have placeholders I can then judge its use online where I play, to how much it pisses me off not having them as to if I then go and buy it, but I get the option whether I do or dont online either way, and can still play.

hi there whats

"Not only we use a lesser version with missing weaponsTurret command"

all about? I have DVD version whats this ^

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Thats exactly it.

I think people will confuse this with "playing the units" ... clearly to play the units first person, the only best way is to pay for it.

These free patch "placeholder" are so you can play along side or against etc without being kicked or not playing at all, which means the complainers and MP splitting doomsayers can now eat their words. :)

I dont mind at all, if I know I haven't purchased a future pack but I have placeholders I can then judge its use online where I play, to how much it pisses me off not having them as to if I then go and buy it, but I get the option whether I do or dont online either way, and can still play.

Hi no I aint complaining just wondering how bad the iron sites are and cross hairs :).

I am so happy BIS did it this way because I am a fan boy so will get it any ways in the future when funds permit (yes I have not got £8.00 right now so bugger off :P) though it does look good.

;1730531']For anyone getting the install errors' date=' we've found a solution...

Copy the patch file to your main Arma2 directory and install it from there.

suicidesquad.co.uk[/quote']

I went ahead and tried it your way, no errors at all.

nice love the way they sorted that out i am glad i pay for it it cost me 3 pts of beer keep up the good work bi

Where are you getting beer so cheap? No, seriously, £8 is 2 pints in most places here.

Does that mean, for those of us who got errors and ignored them, the patch did not install properly? Meaning we must reinstall?

Does that mean, for those of us who got errors and ignored them, the patch did not install properly? Meaning we must reinstall?

TBH I would just try it any way to be on the safe side cant hurt right?.

Pics people of the cross hairs and iron sites pretty please :)

Would like to know also, or does it mean once we install BAF that those mission.pbos will be installed?

TBH I would just try it any way to be on the safe side cant hurt right?.

Could you please write things that make sense, please :confused:

Could you please write things that makes sense, please :confused:

?thought it was?

i installed it on steam version, i got the island but the add-ons dont work, says it re-quires 1.54 application

island works though :)

Wow, BIS were right on the dot. Downloading the BAF DLC now. :D

At 26kbps... Lol.

If I do have to reinstall it's a good thing I kept my Arma 2 backed up on my external HDD and my OA install files, otherwise I'd be screwed since I don't have my DVD drive. :butbut:

Hahahaha whats up with your DVD drive has it broke?.

To to make things clear about what I said in last post I would try to reinstall the patch by placing the exe in the ARMA2 directory even if you have installed it once.

I am sure it wont hurt and will only overwrite the files any way and hopefully install the files that gave errors last time.

Edited by stk2008