Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

i dont understand why they cant let the patches out side of steam work.

they did it before, they should be able to do it again

dwarden is allways hanging around on the steam forums to...........

hopeless :j:

They will eventually I imagine. Remember with ArmA2 they didn't kill the Securom and Steam dependency until around patch 1.05. Till that happens with OA, you'll just have to put up with Steam or use beta patches when they are released.

Also folks here need to chill out for a bit. With BIS, Steam patches have never really been on time. Go outside or go eat a meal, it'll be up eventually. Also since there's actual content in this patch, be prepared for a big steam download.

Im not trolling, checked Addon Sync with ARMA2 OA @ ACE mod. over 75% locked and publics either NZ or NA servers. Why can't Bohemia deliver steam patch at the same time? I guess i cant play then.

Im not trolling, checked Addon Sync with ARMA2 OA @ ACE mod. over 75% locked and publics either NZ or NA servers. Why can't Bohemia deliver steam patch at the same time? I guess i cant play then.

Steam doesn't patch the same way BIS does unfortunately.

Also the patch was released this morning, it hasn't been THAT long.

i wonder that to, it might be up to steam to deliver the patch. but why they cant just let us use the patch outside of steam is beyond me

i think they like fucking people are, they get off on it i reckon, un believeable

and when you ask them, they got no idea whats going on!!!!!

theres tons of servers i cant join cause of the 1.54 now :\

Steam doesn't patch the same way BIS does unfortunately.

Also the patch was released this morning, it hasn't been THAT long.

it did beforehand, but one day they thought. "hey, lets take the ability to patch steam version away, just for the fun of it", oh, and they also said " hey buddy, lets make them re-download the hole game to, mwaahaha"

Edited by AussieSausage

Imho this is a very good marketing plan of BIS (really) to include several (or all?) preview/placeholder items at low texture/sound quality. Good job.

Just a few questions:

- Will the placeholders be overwritten after installing DLC BAF (so mission compatible + clean editor and non-double names in the list)?

- Are all placeholders using the newer features, like the newly introduced artilery feature (correct me if wrong, but i thought that was something new and BAF exclusive).

Anyway, again a good decission of BIS imho and shows there aren't your 'insert what every other dev team' game. Don't think anyone release placeholders of a payware DLC before....

Before someone still doesn't understand it, it are placeholders. They aren't really meant for 'gameplay' (as i read someone complained even the ironsights are blurry)...jesus.

Like mentioned, it only cost 10€ (i know we had a economic crisis...).

Noticed someone already had the idea to retuxture the material, well in that case i would like to direct him to this topic in case those aren't following the news:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=105256

-> Some might say, the placeholder sample are part of the patch (subject of how you see it). In that case:

Originally Posted by Maruk View Post

Answers to what? If hex editing or ripping content from a product and further re-distribute it is allowed?

Of course it is not and it never was for any BI game...

Meaning afaik, hexediting for retexturing the placeholders is not allowed.

So please be happy for what BIS included, support this and if you really want it, buy it :) .

Sorry, but what member of BIS have you spoken to, AussieSausage? :confused:

i wonder that to, it might be up to steam to deliver the patch. but why they cant just let us use the patch outside of steam is beyond me

i think they like fucking people are, they get off on it i reckon, un believeable

theres tons of servers i cant join cause of the 1.54 now :\

it did beforehand, but one day they thought. "hey, lets take the ability to patch steam version away, just for the fun of it"

Go for a walk, watch a movie, have a marathon of masturbation or something, watching these forums are just gonna make you more irritated.

From the sprocket BAF page:

"A2:BAF requires A2:Operation Arrowhead to be patched to version 1.54.

You can download it from this sprocket exclusive mirror or from other mirrors on the Official site"

So it seems the patch isn't included with the BAF download.

I downloaded BAF and installed it. After that I installed the patch 1.54 without any problems. BAF is started as a mod. No problems here. BAF runs fine.

M14 still not fixed ..... what are you doing to me?!!! :(

Trampoline Rocks ... not as bad as in 1.52, but i would´nt call it fixed.

Go for a walk, watch a movie, have a marathon of masturbation or something, watching these forums are just gonna make you more irritated.

its 12:30am here, im not going for a walk, or watching a movie, and ive already masturbated.

and no, im not going to bed, its usually my game time when i get home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but what member of BIS have you spoken to, AussieSausage? :confused:

does dwarden count? ive asked him several questions, and his response is allways "when it happens" or something along the "when it" lines, i give up asking

steam is even more hopeless, you email them about it. and they to dont know nothing....... i think the ghosts handle all this or something

Edited by AussieSausage

Hi all...

I had those errors too but I reinstalled OA

1) patch to 1.52

2) patch to 1.54

3) install BAF

I hope I could help someone...

does dwarden count?

And he says he doesn't know what's going on? Well then it's more-than-likely an issue on Steam's fault.

And y'know, a quick Google search before buying Arma 2 and/or OA on Steam would have revealed the issues it's been having. In the future, do that before every purchase. I do, hence why I bought OA on Sprocket. ;)

And he says he doesn't know what's going on? Well then it's more-than-likely an issue on Steam's fault.

And y'know, a quick Google search before buying Arma 2 and/or OA on Steam would have revealed the issues it's been having. In the future, do that before every purchase. I do, hence why I bought OA on Sprocket. ;)

seeing as ive only been playing ArmA since very late in Arma2, i didnt know :mad:, they need a sign on steam page " ARMA SUCKS WHEN PURCHASED VIA STEAM"

i love steam for everything else, but not arma!

And the Sprocket version, too, is not without flaws, seeing as I get those error-messages on patching that the DVD-version does not throw at you.

ive already masturbated.

Ahem, I said "MARATHON", now pull those sweatpants down and get fapping, you have goals to reach!

1st of all: Good solution, BIS!

2nd:

Can you PLEASE make an announcement (or show it to me) what to install first - the patch or the DLC?!

Edit:

and 3rd - Guys (steak and sausage), stop with this "athletic" discussions here! :D

Edited by Undeceived

I've just been playing around with the latest patch now and the artillery computer alone is unbelievably incredibly AWESOME!!![b/]

This will seriously change the way warfare matches are played!

Mega, uber thanks to BIS for this incredible patch!!

Well my first encounter with Sprocket was very favourable. No hitches, PayPal was faultless and its downloading at 1426Kb/s. All in all VERY GOOD!

11% more to go then I'm on :)

EDIT installing as I type :)

I believe it is time for you to get cold shower now. And if you still can not sleep, perhaps try to learn Mission Editor for today or play some Single Player, or play any other game and come tomorrow to check if the Steam Auto Update for OA kicked in.

I also would not be surprised moderators will not be happy about the language you use here on the forums (I am definitely not).

And Re: Patch on Steam: I believe it may become available fairly soon but that soon can be easily few hours.

and no, im not going to bed, its usually my game time when i get home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does dwarden count? ive asked him several questions, and his response is allways "when it happens" or something along the "when it" lines, i give up asking

steam is even more hopeless, you email them about it. and they to dont know nothing....... i think the ghosts handle all this or something

Arma2 on steam is a mess for patching, addons, running the game as admin, and lots of others.

But many players who only play solo game will find steam really appropriate for them.

In any situation, wait until the other buy and mention the problems, so you know what's best for you.

From what I see this patch is great, with the new adds from the DLC and the fixs, new MP menu and so much from the changelog, I already love it.

uh, it's only a mess with patching, I dunno how you have issues with addons and the rest since they operate exactly the same way.

I believe it is time for you to get cold shower now. And if you still can not sleep, perhaps try to learn Mission Editor for today or play some Single Player, or play any other game and come tomorrow to check if the Steam Auto Update for OA kicked in.

I also would not be surprised moderators will not be happy about the language you use here on the forums (I am definitely not).

And Re: Patch on Steam: I believe it may become available fairly soon but that soon can be easily few hours.

if mods aint to happy about the swear words, wouldnt they do the logical thing and include a swear filter?

seeing as kids should not be playing arma, and theres no filter i didnt think it was a bad thing

sorry if it offended you ;)