So that means my ticket never reached a dev after all http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27641

So what's the best way to reach you guys with information about bugs then?

Thanks for the reporting. It reached us, only sometimes it takes a bit of time before we get to it, especially when preparing for the release of an important update. We will always get to the issues sooner or later and attempt to fix them, so please, keep reporting! Thank you. :)

• Like 3

Is this normal that Ai is holding at waypoint in vehicles, before moving to next one? I dont remember this in 2D editor.

Is this normal that Ai is holding at waypoint in vehicles, before moving to next one? I dont remember this in 2D editor.

Yes, they need to recalculate next path. You can shorten the time of waiting by shortening the route to next waypoint.

• Like 1

Yes, they need to recalculate next path. You can shorten the time of waiting by shortening the route to next waypoint.

Thanks, BTW of waypoints i found the bug - you cant continue of placing waypoint chain, after clicking for example waypoint 1, you need to get way back to unit connected to this waypoint, then back to place where this waypoint need to be putted. In 2D editor you was able to click on first waypoint, then you were able to create nex one, automaticly connected to first.

Black clouds in certain altitudes.

Just to note might not be the same.

In scenario support.

Using the mortar team. calling a strike on the kajman at the base while it was static. resulted in an explosion with a black pixilated cloud flashing . happened everytime. Can someone else test this. Possibly hardware related.

Also believe this noted already. in a situation were more than one explosion crater occurs .example mortars impact near each other. the impact marks on the ground annoyingly flash and flicker between one another.

Would be possible to calculate what to do next before the actual waypoint? If the AI will move further anyway? Eg.: Whit waypoints MOVE->MOVE->MOVE->MOVE->CYCLE the expected behavior is that the AI move over and over and do not stop. The stop & go makes the AI behave very robotic and unnatural.

This video is speeded up to make the issue more obvious:

I made a ticket about this issue 1,5 year ago which get assigned exactly 1 year ago :D

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20184

• Like 2

Has anyone got any HBAO+ comparison's yet?

There was one in this very thread I believe.

Has anyone got any HBAO+ comparison's yet?

My tests on this have been strange.

HDAO on standard produced the best looking results for me.

Everything else from disabled HDAO low /HDAO high/HBAO+ all looked no different.

Now I was specifically looking at Scenarios like the ghost hotel. On HDAO standard I could see shadows from the patches of grass the lampost shadow on Wall /bins shadows on Wall behind it.

Soon as I used any other setting I couldn't see any difference in fact all the shadowing that I see in HDAO standard dissappears using the other settings.

I don't know if it's something in nvidia control panel or something else because others have said HBAO + is better.

With regards fps for me HBAO+ both settings are the same as HDAO high.

Nothing to see here, move along. Didn't see the comment above. 

I noticed a bug with the weapon sounds. When I use the MX and fire in Semi and FullAuto, I have no problem, but when I switch to another weapon like the Katiba, I get normal Katiba sounds in Semi but MX sounds in FullAuto. When I switch further I have the Katiba sounds on the next weapon instead of its origin sounds and it goes on and on and on. Ended up having the SPMG sounds for the full auto mode of the Katiba wile the Semi auto sounds were from a Rahim....

RPT said nothing, no spams or messages. Just used ArmA dev build latest and JSRS, but I'm sure its not the mod. As the config browser shows that the weapons uses the right sets and the sets have the right shaders in them...

LJ

I noticed a bug with the weapon sounds. When I use the MX and fire in Semi and FullAuto, I have no problem, but when I switch to another weapon like the Katiba, I get normal Katiba sounds in Semi but MX sounds in FullAuto. When I switch further I have the Katiba sounds on the next weapon instead of its origin sounds and it goes on and on and on. Ended up having the SPMG sounds for the full auto mode of the Katiba wile the Semi auto sounds were from a Rahim....

RPT said nothing, no spams or messages. Just used ArmA dev build latest and JSRS, but I'm sure its not the mod. As the config browser shows that the weapons uses the right sets and the sets have the right shaders in them...

LJ

That is a known bug. The development team is aware of it and it will be fixed soon I guess: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27768

* Load Stratis in the editor

* Place a blackfoot on the airbase, under the hangar between 019054 and 020054, facing the taxiway

* DURING ALL THE PROCESS, KEEP THE ENGINE OFF
* launch the preview

* release the wheel brake

* observe

- additional info : work only with the advanced flight model

* Load Stratis in the editor

* Place a blackfoot on the airbase, under the hangar between 019054 and 020054, facing the taxiway

* DURING ALL THE PROCESS, KEEP THE ENGINE OFF

* launch the preview

* release the wheel brake

* observe

- additional info : work only with the advanced flight model

You are the master of secrets ;)

The AH-99 Blackfoot and UH-80 Black Hawk will start to roll after you released the wheel brakes if you place them under the both last hangars north of the airfield (019054 and 020054).

Please create a ticket about that issue (unless there already is a ticket).

You must first figure out if there is even the slightest slope, because that effects the physics of a vehicle with unlocked wheels, especially aircraft. Hence why they use wheel chucks 110% of the time in real life, to prevent any rolling accidents prior to taxi clearance to take off.

I assume there is a little slope, however the chopper bounces and go backward if it collide with another hangar (if it doesn't explode).

In fact the helicopter doesn't lose energy during collisions.

========== EDIT ==========

There are two slopes, forming a V and allowing the heli to go forward, and then increase its speed backward after touching the building.

However, it still turns out weird, I think that the heli shouldn't go this fast with only the brake removed. Anyone to confirm ?

I assume there is a little slope, however the chopper bounces and go backward if it collide with another hangar (if it doesn't explode).

In fact the helicopter doesn't lose energy during collisions.

========== EDIT ==========

There are two slopes, forming a V and allowing the heli to go forward, and then increase its speed backward after touching the building.

However, it still turns out weird, I think that the heli shouldn't go this fast with only the brake removed. Anyone to confirm ?

I can't check right now but I totally agree. I've always had an issue with Taxiing, only in regards to turning, with both medium and heavy choppers.

Would be possible to calculate what to do next before the actual waypoint? If the AI will move further anyway? Eg.: Whit waypoints MOVE->MOVE->MOVE->MOVE->CYCLE the expected behavior is that the AI move over and over and do not stop. The stop & go makes the AI behave very robotic and unnatural.

I made a ticket about this issue 1,5 year ago which get assigned exactly 1 year ago :D

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20184

I experience the same, but only in multiplayer. In multiplayer, they are just standing there and God knows when they will proceed to the next waypoint. In Single player it's working fine tough.

I experience the same, but only in multiplayer. In multiplayer, they are just standing there and God knows when they will proceed to the next waypoint. In Single player it's working fine tough.

I found this on Single player.....

I found this on Single player.....

Oh.... then it might be a different issue. All I know is that in multiplayer, sometimes the AI is waiting too much (even a minute or more) before proceeding to the next waypoint (cycled MOVE waypoints). Haven't tested with RC or DEV tough.

Oh.... then it might be a different issue. All I know is that in multiplayer, sometimes the AI is waiting too much (even a minute or more) before proceeding to the next waypoint (cycled MOVE waypoints). Haven't tested with RC or DEV tough.

We've seen this, AI spawn on the server, get issued waypoints and just hang around for a seemingly random amount of time. Doesn't happen locally only in dedi MP.

very important in RC !!!

all shooting from vehicle positions are bugged with TackIR !!!

if you sit on the left front position in an hummingbird and move the weapon to the full right

you cant look to the right side.

must be fixt, it was also in an DEV version month ago very similar.

• Like 2

the trackir is still not working properly in shooting fromveh. pos. in the RC version today.

very important in RC !!!

all shooting from vehicle positions are bugged with TackIR !!!

if you sit on the left front position in an hummingbird and move the weapon to the full right

you cant look to the right side.

must be fixt, it was also in an DEV version month ago very similar.