Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

Yes, but it's impossible for us to use community made addons right now in our MP Missions until BIS solves the whole addon downloads situation.

I'd love to put some of the custom content out there in, but then players have to manually search for a link and most will instead say I'll go play somewhere else.

With the BIS DLC they include low texture stuff so at least everybody has the content.

I think they should update all the arma 2 units/vehicles/factions/weapons to the oa standard. personally, I think this should be a free patch for those with combined ops only, but if they threw in some desert marines maybe updated with the new plate carriers instead of the vests, and maybe some desert russians and a new map and campaign, I would pay for it.

A nice, big, well done campaign will do me. something on the scale of Coldwar Crisis or Resistance will do.

Yep, please update the arma2 units to OA standard for the CO users. It would also be nice to see OA units in woodland camo. I would pay for that/those DLCs no prob.

I would also like a (small?) jungle island with proper jungle-veg made in Linda. That DLC content could also be used for islandmakers. I truly miss sebnam's Ia Drang valley..

I would like to see a Czech campaign. It would be a good way for BIS to show some national pride, and they could go into EXTREME detail. We already have some nice Czech units... I would like to see them used in an campaign! :)

Would a DLC focusing on air combat be any good? If improvements (if any is needed) to bring this dlc to life are made?.

oh yeah... bring back the OFP maps for A2...

and i mean with the level of detail corresponding to whats on Chernarus!

not just replacing the objects..

I want VOICE ACTING. And lots of it. You know, like the brits but Chinese, French, German, Israeli-that kind of stuff. It really takes the realism out of the game when im being a foriegn force and all I hear are the same old American voices. One of the main reasons I bought the British DLC was because it included British Voice Acting.

Need an easy script to add it to a unit in the mission editor aswell.

Also, In the next version, is it possible to space words out on AI voices by more miliseconds?

Like instead of: EnemyMan100Meters, we could have something like: Enemy,--Man,--1000Meters. A bit like in OPF:DR.

A Starbucks every 100m in all towns. :)

you live in vancouver i take it?

you live in vancouver i take it?

Haha happens here in Albuquerque as well. Starbucks seriously less than 200meters of each other..:o

hehehe

Leclerc is released too :D rotlf

but Mi6 would be nice,

i agree on: airships pack, civilian cars pack, OFP islands, urban modern world city, criminal vs. police etc.

WW1, WW2 maybe (but we have extra moders which do it)

ultra futuristic

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

gooooooooooooooooooooosh

BW MOD !!!

LEO 2A6 inside with Marder for modern 2010, MAN truck, Fuchs, Dingo addon

or P85 with older tanks 2A4, 1A2/3/4/5 and older units (1985 or 1990s) including cars from 80s (Iltis, MAN old)

are people from this or request thread visit "addons complete" section ?

I hope you have enough toilet paper on hand cause you seemed to have just shit yourself.

Just because the community has done it doesn't mean BIS shouldn't. Yes I visit the addons forums frequently but that doesn't mean I'd like to see BIS take a crack at some things.

Fix the god damn bugs and animation issues, improving the overall game maybe even with better physics. Let the modders do more nice stuff. But BI should spend their power on the area the community can't, the source code...

Charge for Patches like Steel Beasts does. I would support this idea to support BI.

(My opinion)

Edited by Curry

Fix the god damn bugs and animation issues, improving the overall game maybe even with better physics. Let the modders do more nice stuff. But BI should spend their power on the area the community can't, the source code...

Charge for Patches like Steel Beasts does. I would support this idea to support BI.

(My opinion)

Unfortunately, 2D and 3D artists employed by BiS have to be paid anyway and have no ability to modify source code. So better to pay for those guys adding new content, while keeping free patches which is programmer job.

(My opinion)

Trust me man there isnt one person in here that doesnt want BIS to focus more on the engine, but BIS is already working on improvements. Software engineering is heavy work, BIS is constantly working on their code that's what the programmers job is after all. BIS is really dedicated to working out kinks in their engine, just look at the A2 Community Tracker, 400+ bugs tons of feature requests it all takes time man, its easy to jump the gun and attack BIS for launching A2 with so many big bugs and not working out alot of problems in their engine but they have already showed they're commited.

Time my friend, just come back in a year or two and there should be quite alot of work done.

DLC that I really want, is more improved Close Quarters mechanics, AI, flashbangs, stun grenades, door cameras, Breach and Clear order, assult positions, and some improved Collision detection, so its smoother, I would pay alot of money for that seeing how we have a RANDOM town GENERATOR that would be so F**king awesome! :eek: :D

Other awesome DLC ideas I have already posted about

AC-130 Module

Editor addons, weapon loadouts, easy briefings, other useful functions and shortcuts to make the game easier to get on and play without having to input alot of script.

3D Editor release I would easily pay 10 dollars for.

Edited by Flash Thunder

(My opinion)

Worst idea ever. You can't charge a community like this for bug fixes, not unless you want to fail as a business.

Worst idea ever. You can't charge a community like this for bug fixes, not unless you want to fail as a business.

Well, it was just an idea and I don't want to pay for every patch like you but maybe once a year or every 6 month for a "major enhancement patch" with more than just a few bug fixes. This way ArmA2 would get way longer support.

And eSim doesn't fail as business FYI. ;)

Canadian Forces :yay::yay:

I'd be all for that at a later point, but I'd like something for opfor first.

Canada is opfor. Bloody hockey team winning all the time...

Forces that I would like to see:

- French Foreign Legion

- More or less complete USSOCOM, including 160th SOAR assets, Rangers, some SEALs, all those sorts of people.

- Western special operations pack. SAS, Australian SASR, NZ SAS, Dutch Korps Commandotroepen, Canadian CSOR.

Plus, a few new ideas for theatres and opfor for the Armaverse:

Battam Bam. Based on Cambodia. Formerly under the genocidal thrall of the Communist Party of Battam Bam, or the Battam Rouge, Battam Bam has enjoyed a relatively peaceful twenty years. However, increasing rural support for remnants of the Battam Rouge, motivated by the continuing poverty of the rural peasantry while urban areas gain in prosperity, enables the Battam Rouge to retake the northern rural province of Dai Nam Reap. Alarmed, the national government calls for aid from the former colonial power, France, to counter this menace, and Operation Sacre Merde is launched. New opfor: Communist insurgents, with captured Russian vehicles. New map: Mix of rice fields, hilly jungle, a big, muddy river, and villages.

Karooland. Somewhere north of South Africa. After the fall of Karooland's apartheid regime, the nation has settled fairly peacefully into being a far from rich nation by world standards, but well-off by African standards. However, with the discovery of what might be the richest deposits of platinum yet discovered, the formerly obscure little nation finds itself coveted by totalitarian Gondwanaland. With its restless population and relatively low wealth, Gondwanaland has hitherto concerned itself with its internal strife and equipping a fairly impressive army, while letting internal economic infrastructure decay badly. However, with a democracy movement making headway and the temptations of Karooland's platinum dangling before them, Gondwanaland attacks, citing bogus historical claims and invented wrongs by Karooland. Mindful of the strategic value of Karooland's possible new platinum resources, Western nations commit troops to help Karooland fend off invasion. New forces: Blue and Red African armies, with a mix of 1970s Western kit and 1980's Russian kit; also, some militia. New map: African Veldt, with red soil, some low hills, and some dusty villages and towns.

Eurasia. Because we've always been at war with Eurasia.

I think some forces that would have mass appeal would be;

French - they have lots of unique vehicles to add variety

German - they have lots of equipment used by other countries so it would be easy to retexture for the mod community

Australian - the Aussies have been very active in the war on terrorism and have a large Arma community

Canadian - same reason as the Australians

China - for something completely different, asian faces, different weapons and camo, different superpower to build campaigns around

Asian Guerillas - a generic guerilla army simular to Viet-Cong, Khemer Rouge, Tamil Tigers, any number of them to open the door to various hot spots world wide.

Also some maps to represent African bush wars terrain, jungle (there are good community maps but an official jungle map would be nice)