Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

Well im still waiting for my OA to arrive Which has a large urban area

Currently, such maps would pose quite a challange for user framerates, not to mention the processing power that AI pathfinding would require.

I do however, tend to agree with you. The new Shapur map tries to bring a different flavour of environment to the table - similar to the way Zagrabad attempted to bring more of a sense of urban combat.

In the future, with refinements, optimisations and good vision, I think that the type of map your suggesting will certainly be high on the agenda.

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile
SPG

25x-25x desert map with only a few towns, maybe one big city like the Iraq Iran border

maps

mig's

SA3000

SA4000

j-7

some new animations

new units for OPFOR

new units for the CDF

more maps

more artillery

3d editor

But over all you guy's have done a fantastic job keep the DLC coming

1. Campaigns with meaning and story (like EW, Red Hammer, Cold War).
  2. Make authentic unit models/ equpment (Not like US army with SCAR`s, Russian army with AK-107, Russian soldiers clothing (equipment, not camo) ).

Edited by Li0n

1) Big Maps (The community can already make stuff like Shapur or even bigger, but can't really compete with Takistan and Chernarus in terms of size/detail or local vegetation, civilians, housing).

2) Campaigns (same here, we have thousands of nice single missions, but very few good campaigns with voice overs etc...)

3) anything else that comes with 1) and 2) is welcome (units, new voices etc...).

I'd love a Euroforce pack (French and German mostly) and Opfor/Independent pack (PLA, Korea).

I would pay big money for another map of the quality and size of Chernarus, espcially if the setting is really different (asia, africa, artic, jungle...)

French forces in peacekeeping operation in Africa would be my wet dream.

I'd like to have Vietnam and WWII conversions as DLC. I'd pay £15-£20 for each.

WWII would be more work as many elements (weapons/vehicles/aircraft) of Vietnam are already in game and would only need re-skin

Edited by EDcase

+1 for Jungle Environments, but i dont care what time period.

Could be Vietnam, Southamerica, African jungle or Malaysia. Customized AI for realistic jungle combat is a must for this.

I'd pay 20 Eur for it

i would say, either 1990´s US Army/USMC/USAF/USN or a complete German pack :D (that means, complete as in every aspect of the armed forces, not nessisarily all vehicle variants, but atleast airforce, tanks, apcs and so on)

or, ofcourse since im swedish... a swedish/finnish DLC...

but guess i can go for SFP and FDF there.

but would be seriuos fun ;)

i would say, either 1990´s US Army/USMC/USAF/USN or a complete German pack :D (that means, complete as in every

Project 85 + BW MOD 1.7 + Dingo addon and you have all German ground forces :) if 90s than my "weapon holder" with German from 90s/2000 in Flectarn and pouches on weebbing, not on modular vest (BW MOD is 2010 German soldier)

all is released, just download ;)

Well im still waiting for my OA to arrive Which has a large urban area

there will be such island, me and OldBear will make such thing in maybe half year , it will be biggest city in Arma (till today, maybe someone will do bigger) with custom buidlings, but it will be located in Europe, not in desert like OA

I do however, tend to agree with you. The new Shapur map tries to bring a different flavour of environment to the table - similar to the way Zagrabad attempted to bring more of a sense of urban combat.

I really like the Shapur map, its got enough of everything to make interesting missions and not too big, not too small... just right, i think its the right direction, would just be good to see some variation on enviroment when you guys get bored making desert maps.

there will be such island, me and OldBear will make such thing in maybe half year , it will be biggest city in Arma (till today, maybe someone will do bigger) with custom buidlings, but it will be located in Europe, not in desert like OA

Well that sounds like a great partnership! i love Old bears maps, especially Brik, that map is genius... look forward to it.

All factions should have Woodland and Desert camo just like BF2.

Thats a good idea.

I would like a Chechen War Campaign playing as Russians or the Chechens Extremists on the next DLC or Arma 3 hehe or better the VIETNAM WAR?

Edited by skyman

For me DLC should be a useful tool for mission makers like a 3d mission maker, something like the one that vbs2 uses.

I'd love to see the Australian Defence Force as DLC one day. Perhaps in some sort of East Timor setting (maybe not ET specifically due to the RL situation, but a similar landscape).

I guess it could just be troops in a Middle Eastern setting too, but it would be great to have the ADF fighting a bit closer to home.

But i think the DLC i would pay the most for would be a complete WW2 mod - I realise there are several teams working on this, and doing a great job, but a complete package from BIS would be excellent. Obviously it wouldn't need every single variation of unit (uniforms and so on) nor would it need every vehicle/plane - However if we were given a huge chunk of WW2 content it would create alot of new mission ideas and increase replayability. Not to mention it would give all the WW2 only folk a reason to be interested in Arma.

The big question is though - Are BIS deciding what to release based on people's suggestions? Or has it already been decided in advance but kept quiet until they're ready to announce it?

Either way i'm pretty likely to buy it. Will take any chance to add on to the Armaverse :D Plus if it's the same quality as the BAF pack it would be well worth it.

For me DLC should be a useful tool for mission makers like a 3d mission maker, something like the one that vbs2 uses.

Ummm, we have a 3d mission maker already?

Some idea's...

DLC AirFighter pack (F-15C, Su-22M...)

DLC AirCargo pack (C-27 Spartan, An-10...)

DLC Heli pack (CH-46 Sea Knight, Mi-6...)

DLC Armor pack(Leclerc MBT, T-84 "Oplot"...)

DLC Wheeled pack(M915A1 Line Haul Tractor, KZKT-7428 (КЗКТ)...)

DLC MRAPS pack(Cougar , MaxxPro...)

DLC Sea pack(LCAC, LCU-1610...)

DLC Camo pack (woodland, desert, winter...)

DLC Map pack (City, Jungle, Bogs...)

DLC Howitzer pack(175mm Howitzer M110, 2S3 "Acacia"...)

DLC Modules pack (cargo load/unload object, IED...)

Where in each DLC pack - 5-6 models/2-3 map/4-5 modules.

DLC should be categorized.., content ...

Edited by alesh

you have M60 tank, T-62 (as well with T-64, T-80 B/BV/U), M109 already available SINCE YEAR or more, first released 1.5 year ago

Mi2 too, just will be some fixed and updated

people for tens times request things... already released

Edited by vilas

Hi Vilas. This is just example. They can make other models that will find its place in the game.

P.S.: I corrected the previous post.

Edited by alesh

German units, or at least something that includes the Leopard 2 in there somewhere :D

hehehe

Leclerc is released too :D rotlf

but Mi6 would be nice,

i agree on: airships pack, civilian cars pack, OFP islands, urban modern world city, criminal vs. police etc.

WW1, WW2 maybe (but we have extra moders which do it)

ultra futuristic

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

German units, or at least something that includes the Leopard 2 in there somewhere :D

gooooooooooooooooooooosh

BW MOD !!!

LEO 2A6 inside with Marder for modern 2010, MAN truck, Fuchs, Dingo addon

or P85 with older tanks 2A4, 1A2/3/4/5 and older units (1985 or 1990s) including cars from 80s (Iltis, MAN old)

are people from this or request thread visit "addons complete" section ?

Edited by vilas