British Army

British Marines

British Para troopers

Lynx / Merlin helicopters

British weapons SA80 class etc

British armored

*cough*

Just had to correct you there. :D

EDIT: Oops, I thought I was replying to a new post.

Anyways.

Interiors like that of the ArmA II's BTR-90 and BMP-3(Driver/Gunner/Commander all have "cockpits"), for ALL armoured vehicles, put the gun sights on the Bradley, etc.

All models updates for OA Thermal ;) (likelihood = slim to nil)

And yes a British Army pack for sure.

An updated lighting module that meant that interior rooms would get dark enough during the day that flashlights would be usable

Not gonna happen, but one can dream

A great artillery module along the lines of CoC's UA for OFP would be the dream, brilliantly made piece of kit with almost everything an artillerier could need, could easily be brought up to date to man portable systems like the CSW mortars and towable weapons like the guns

Or a module that sharpened up vehicular usage, to the effect of: vehicle radio channels, ability to lean inside vehicle to get better view, ability to use weapon out of window, all that jazz

Edited by DaveP

For free DLC, I wouldn't mean seeing US army vehicles in OD or NATO camo for use in woodland areas... (though I suppose this isn't too much of a request, as it's really just skins for the new stryker and humvee bits, everything else already exists for the USMC or ArmA.1 US Army)

Paid DLC: Full factions. By that I mean, not just reskins of existing stuff. I'd expect:

1. New vehicles

2. New weapons

3. New infantry models

4. Missions (!!!)

I would like to see a British DLC pack, and I would'nt mind paying for it either. Thats regardless of what other mods are doing.

Takistani mini-campaign where you drive back the invaders. It can be alternate history like Eagle Wing (I don't think it's canon).

NM

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

#1 AC-130 gunship

#2 More single-player campaign/story driven missions

thinking...thinking...

x2!

name your favorite MW1 mission... right I thought so!

AC130 can only be done properly by BIS as it would be pretty complex (isnt there one in VBS??)

and once in a while a new mission pack or simple campaign would make this game even more worth your money!

I would love the Russians to have a bigger part and updated stuff. Fighting 21st century US troops vs. 20th century (circa 80's) Russian troops just isn't cool lol.

I would love the Russians to have a bigger part and updated stuff. Fighting 21st century US troops vs. 20th century (circa 80's) Russian troops just isn't cool lol.

There are no Russians in Operation Arrowhead. This is a DLC suggestion for Operation Arrowhead. As far as I know there is no planned DLC for ArmA 2.

My suggestion still stands; Woodland US Army, Desert USMC and Russia. Do you think this is feasible?

I would glady pay for a optimized large city map/island from BIS. Either in the Takistan or South Zagoria region.

I'd like a really large map with only a few towns villages, mostly just open desert with scrub and rocks and small hills every now and again. Similar to the small desert map we have currently (love that hill) but perhaps with some more objects ditches/rises etc.

I don't need new factions just the vehicles, mods can do the rest if they have the tools aka models

Aircraft pack (east and western migs,f22,su's, tu's,f18 ext)

Armor pack (east and western)

weapons pack ( east and western)

camo pack (east and western)

Artillery pack (east and western)

and misc pack (cars, maps, ext

3D Editor

I like the idea of a larger compliment of NATO forces including Germany/France/UK + a Central Europe style map, something like Celle(usermade) but larger. Something with more gentle terrain than Cheranrus would allow for better use of mechanized and armor units.

I also like the idea of desert camo versions of Arma2 units, but for now I'm ok with some of the usermade options out there.

I would also be glad to pay for a jungle map w/units. Australians in East Timor? Southeast Asian conflict against an imaginary country run by a totalitarian military junta? Georgia is to Chernarus as Takistan is to Afghanistan/Pakistan as Burma is to ________?

Edited by arthur666

Personally I'm not so bothered about BIS adding new content in the way of infantry/tanks/aircraft etc. I think interesting new features would be better (like shooting from inside a vehicle).

DLC should ideally be a way for BIS to monetize improvements and additional content to Arma2. that way the whole community benefits as does BIS.

key would be the level of detail, finish and innovation only bis as dev can provide: including more detailed weapon anims capabilities that the community could take and learn from. new modules.

after reading the posts above i amend my opinion of DLC to include:

• British would be good including the SAS of course.

• Some African type conflict including very detailed map and terrain and more animal/civilian/soldier types. icebreakers island is a great example of how much fun this could be. include SADF unique units and other regional troops.

• 3d editor with built in AfterActionReview - as easy to use as the current 2d editor but the extended functionality. hopefully with dropdown menus on units for gear allocation, settings etc. ability to drag and drop units in vehciles as well would be good. real time editor capability would be great.

OPFOR and complementary units\equips for the presents factions. Ex: CH53 and the "marine Chinook" for the USMC, F16\F15 for US Army... etc.

how much would a conversion of arma2 to 64bit and dx11 be worth?

how much would a conversion of arma2 to 64bit and dx11 be worth?

I think something like that will only happen if they make an "Arma 3" in a couple of years.