Placebo

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead Impressions - ALL OA Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qkPT5LMRDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qkPT5LMRDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

yet another flir video Edited by Fox '09

NTRUDER;1661060']Nice looking vids and pics!

I just purchased OA here so I'm waiting for the download link to be activated at 00:01 on the 29th. Who cares if it's in German! :D I got ArmA 2 from the same place. Good stuff.

Not having a go at you ]NTRUDER in any way, but I don't know why anyone would buy from Peter Games this time, when Sprocket are perfectly good. You could buy now, connect, and you'd be done downloading by tonight when activation opens.

Paying Peter Games, at least 10 of your Euros are going to say 'thank you' to the company who forced Arma 2 to be released in its initial state. Same price as Sprocket, and Bis get all your coin that way.

Edited by Richey79

NTRUDER;1661060']Nice looking vids and pics!

I just purchased OA here so I'm waiting for the download link to be activated at 00:01 on the 29th. Who cares if it's in German! :D I got ArmA 2 from the same place. Good stuff.

ugh. PeterGames has a horrible policy not to mention the extra cost your paying. Just know that after I think 48 hours or so after you've installed the game you can't download again. Back that shit up or buy insurance.

@Richey79

Considering I had zero problems with Peter Games in the past it's not hard to figure out why I chose them over Sprocket.

Superfast download as well. Or maybe that's my 100 Mbit talking :p

As for politics I leave that stuff aside..

@usmc123

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with their policy. For me everything went really smooth (with ArmA 2).

What extra cost? Do you mean the 3 $ difference over Sprocket?

And of course I make a backup, I would be crazy not to :)

Hope you guys will be happy buying from Sprocket and see you soon in Takistan :D

fT7n7szMYEE

Made of pure WIN.

Like everybody's taking a quick hike down to good old germany to find one of the

few retailers that already got OA on the shelves? (on a closed stores sunday!) hx3_uglydance.gif

I can't stop laughing at the banned people. shoot.gif

i was watching teh pacific the other day and their was a guy who was man handling a mounted machine gun but because the noozle was too hot to handle, he had to attach some kind of grip on it.

Does this game have such realism on mounted machine guns overheating?

I think this is a request that would serve the entire community so I will go ahead and make it.

Can someone post maps of the three regions, or at least the Zargabad and Takistan Mountains one?

The desert one may not be all that important at this point. The most detail you could manage would be awesome too but whatever you can get is fine. I have the one of the Takistan region but it isn't detailed enough for buildings to appear on it. Thank you.

The mountain map is posted here for those that do not know:

http://ausarma.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=362&start=40

Edited by wolf359

i was watching teh pacific the other day and their was a guy who was man handling a mounted machine gun but because the noozle was too hot to handle, he had to attach some kind of grip on it.

Does this game have such realism on mounted machine guns overheating?

Usually barrel gets replaced when heavily used. All machineguns like FN Mimimi, FN Mag 7.62 have a simple fuction to remove the heated barrel and insert the "backup" one. Unluckly, such realism is not even featured in advanced mod like ACE2.

i'm getting worse perfromance then arma 2...

And where in the USA are they selling it already in stores?

in the german forum says some the game have better performance and some says the game have worse performance than ArmA II.

Slightly lower performance here. About equal the performance hit i got resulting from updating 1.05 to 1.07.

Almost more than any other option, with Fillrate/Shadows/FSAA being the exception, setting terrain detail (gras) on anything but low, results in a massive performance hit on my setup now.

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

Render_W=1680;

Render_H=1050;

FSAA=0;

postFX=5;

HDRPrecision=16;

TexQuality=2;

TexMemory=2;

sceneComplexity=300000;

viewDistance=2000;

terrainGrid=25;

shadingQuality=10;

shadowQuality=2;

maxSamplesPlayed=64;

Compared to Zargabad, Chernogorsk and Elektrozavodsk are playable with these settings, unless alot of stuff is going on. I haven't found a setting yet that would make Zargabad playable in the campaign, without making it look like a blast from the past.

Thanks for the videos everyone and to Mr Burns especially for the pics and videos.

I laughed at those who showed off their warez too... :bounce3:

I have 8.5 hours to go, I keep pressing activate just in case, but at 5:00 PM (CST) I will be happy... if my math is right. :rolleyes:

And where in the USA are they selling it already in stores?

LOL i saw that coming... it's probably from the torrent store :D

It would be really cool if fade made performance bad :p

does the -exThreads switch work to tweak some ppl's performance issues with OP Arrow Head ?

LOL i saw that coming... it's probably from the torrent store :D

I'm sure some are saying, "Hey! That's not fair or legal! Our cracked software should run just as well as licensed stuff!!!1!11!" lol. I put in a call to my local Game Stop to see if they were pulling the trigger early.. No dice. :(

Hell yeah! :D

FADE is the ultimate piracy deterrent.

damn!, already finished the oa campaign and the singlemissions. very interesting how tactics changed because of the different landscape. me wants more! :) at the moment i'm messing around with converting cipher to takistan, besides small issues, it seems to work. :cool:

damn!, already finished the oa campaign and the singlemissions. very interesting how tactics changed because of the different landscape. me wants more! :) at the moment i'm messing around with converting cipher to takistan, besides small issues, it seems to work. :cool:

then try the camp. again, but this time, do the missions a bit differently ( like the sidemissions )

http://img37.imagefra.me/img/img37/8/6/28/norkey/f_k0d06au228wm_356f676.jpg

Btw anyone knows why the soldier has a weapon, when he has to be unarmed according to info? :/

Bad Intel? Maybe he's trying to show off to his girlfirend? :p You could always put in the intial line: "removeallweapons this" (or was it "this removeallweapons"?) *without the quotes of course.*

Btw are those tall mountains real? Or are they the fake painted skybox types?

Edited by Sniper Pilot

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qkPT5LMRDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qkPT5LMRDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[YOUTUBE]

yet another flir video

Not steped zoom? :confused:

The mountains are faked, like the distant hills in Chernarus.

Btw are those tall mountains real? Or are they the fake painted skybox types?

Definitely fake, you can spot that 2D backdrop instantly :P

then it wouldn't be all the Germans reporting it, since they happen to be the ones that can get it legally. ;)