Placebo

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead Impressions - ALL OA Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Moved into here as these are not "press" unless I missed something? :)

[*]What happened to the Czech voices? I can understand the Germans not having German voices, but the UN CDF and the Czechs speak with American voices. Why couldn't the Czech voices from Arma 2 be used? Or why weren't more recorded for use in OA?

I suppose they presumed people would want to use them in scenarios alongside the German and US units. Kind of strange to have, '3:Enemy man - front', '1:Kurwa, Czedaki!', '4:Changing mags!', '1:Wraca do formacja!', (apologies to Czech forum users for my ignorance :p). I think the Czech voices in English are some of the best voice-work in the game, too.

[*]Though the HALO script is improved, it's still quite clunky.

Fully agree. This is one thing that is handled superbly in the latest builds of ACE, imo. Well, except for when your parachute bugs out... .

Why do Bis insist on putting in 'missions' like City Life (tour of Zargabad in full GTA city-sim mode, nothing to do with the role-playing community)? It's Harvest Red all over again. I wonder what proportion of Arma2 players have a rig that could play this at any reasonable framerate - the engine just doesn't handle the scripts and bajillion AI well enough.

Edited by Richey79

Moved into here as these are not "press" unless I missed something? :)

This videos are from russian preview. I'll post its link in "press coverage".

Just finished the campaign myself. :D

Be sure to pay attention to the news ticker in the credits. It mentions the Community Awards, the FDF forces in Podagorsk causing a beer shortage, British troops being deployed to Takistan "soon", and many others. It's hilarious. :D

zipper' date=' the tired effect was in original ArmA 2.. stop playing ace :p[/quote']

I don't use ACE2. I know there were tired effects but there were not ones that made the screen go wavy like it does in OA.

This videos are from russian preview. I'll post its link in "press coverage".

Aha I see, thanks for the clarification, will move the videos back then :)

No need to do this... I had formated my PC and only installed ArmA 2 OA.

The vegetation simply look's terrible and i don't think that my GPU can't handle ArmA 2 OA or any new driver will change the vegetation.

I don't know what post process settings you use, but they changed completely in OA, and using the same as in A2 can destroy your FPS with the config you have, which simply can't handle SSAO.

For reminder :

Disabled: color corrections only

Very Low: Disabled + filmGrain + radial blur + dynamic blur

Low: Very low + bloom + rotational blur + other scripted post process effects

Normal: Low + DOF + lowest SSAO

High: Normal + medium SSAO

VeryHigh: Normal + highest SSAO

from here.

Ok that's what I thought, still perfectly valid and interesting opinions of course but belongs here not in "press coverage" :)

OA has been pretty fun for me the past 2 days, here are some of my opinions on it so far.

• The voice acting is still terrible.
  • Zargabad runs pretty poorly, even when it's empty it creates quite a bit of graphical lag.
  • The AI improvements that have been brought up I have seen none of, the AI during Pathfinder was a pain with the two last APC's crashing into each other and get stuck on rocks and buildings.
  • I haven't seen any improvements with the medical AI, they will still leave teammates to die.
  • The actual campaign itself reminded me quite a bit of OFP and I liked that a lot.
  • The screen shaking is a welcome surprise, it makes things much more immersive.
  • The SP missions are actually quite fun to play and the Laser Show one being my favorite despite being just a few minutes long.
  • The FLIR system is sweet.
  • The PEQ box lasers make things a bit more interesting.
  • And the thing that surprised me the most was how your character now moves when you are driving or flying, that was so cool even though it was a very minor thing.

So was it worth $40? Hell yeah it was, the campaign is something I have been enjoying quite a bit. One question about it though, are there multiple endings? I see that there is an 8th mission that I've skipped on two playthroughs, is that related to your relationship to the local militia or is it something else?

OMG! Game is EPIC Guys :eek:

It runs much smoother than Arma2, higher setting than I used in A2. Looks very good, I like PP effects SSAO etc... fking EPIC... OMG Campaign is very cool, Boot Camp is very good FLIR !!!!!!!!!

Need to play more cya :yay::yay:

arrow002.th.jpg arrow003.th.jpg arrow006.th.jpg arrow009.th.jpg arrow019.th.jpg

arrow001n.th.jpg arrow004.th.jpg arrow005t.th.jpg arrow007.th.jpg arrow008.th.jpg

arrow010.th.jpg arrow011.th.jpg arrow013.th.jpg arrow014.th.jpg arrow017.th.jpg

Edited by Placebo

The radio protocol is heavily improved, much more fluid, and units talk in whisper when set to Stealth mode.

Holy shit, I really did not know this until you posted ... well even though I am getting this anyway, this is something that has sold me 100 percent alone!!!

I had to hold out on pre-order due to other things ( :( ) and Im ordering mine next Tuesday, getting really buzzed with all the feedback, all these features and lush additions the dynamic environment sound mod just to be released ... oooh this will be good.

odW7EV_JxqQ

ArmA 2 OA: Apache Gunning & FLIR Sniping

qu-E-7bFpLM

AC130 Script in ArmA 2:OA (FLIR)

I had a quick look at things last night just to be sure everything was working ok and I was still there four hours later! During a quick try in Multi player, A grenade went of just the other side of a wall to me. I wasnt expecting it and the effect was awsome:eek:. I almost shit myself with the camera shake and all.

This morning I decided to configure my controls a bit better with regards my Logitech G25 for vehicles and my Sidewinder stick for aircraft. Holy crap! When did they put the analogue opption in? I had never notice that before and now the chopper is a joy to fly!

I notice someone refered to a wavy screen to denote tiredness but despite running for quite a distance over mountainous terrain, I never experienced this. But I seem to remember wavy screen was mentioned on the forums as a symptom of Fade back when ArmA 2 was released.

I'm not going to put any spoilers in here but I will say the time I spent in OA, it was an incredibly immersive experience and the time just flew by. I'm not having any performance issues and I am having the time of my gaming life with this.

For anyone who enjoyes ArmA 2 and is still undecided, go and buy this game. You wont regret it.

Well done BIS and Thanks for the great value you have provided.

Edited by Killerwatt

Yeah, there is a new grenade throwing procedure built-in, power of throw is now locked on to how long you hold the fire button. So you can low it just behind a wall or throw the grenade/smoke for max. 50 meters or so!

Its lierelly killing me reading about OA while im at work and my pc is 20miles away from me at home with OA already installed!

Its lierelly killing me reading about OA while im at work and my pc is 20miles away from me at home with OA already installed!

Welcome to the club. :p

it could be worse :p

it could be like me, where my gaming PC dosnt exist anymore and your copy of arma 2 is locked in a small room thousands of miles away, across 2 continents and an ocean; with no hope of acquiring said computer for another 6-8 months :D

At least yours is installed... :(

Dont worry guys. You're not missing much....................................................................................................;:mad: .................................................... Ok I lied. It's feckin awsome:p:yay::bounce3::cool:

[youtbe]odW7EV_JxqQ

ArmA 2 OA: Apache Gunning & FLIR Sniping

Why does that video look different to this one, i mean the gun sights and whatnot (im not talking about when he's using the drone btw)?

2qkPT5LMRDY

Also can someone confirm vehicle FLIR? Im sure its there but ive seen a couple of the videos and noones used it yet.

Edited by Placebo

yep OA is awesome. :pet11::292::cc::clap: i've had a few CTD in the campaign though :(

Wow.

I played for a few hours last night and I must say I'm really impressed with OA so far! What a smooth ride this is. Becuase let's face it - no previous Bohemia game could ever be accused of being smooth, am I right? :p

But this, this feels different and it runs so much better than ArmA 2. Maybe my quad is allowed to work as it should, finally, I don't know what it is. And I don't really care becuase I'm just enjoying the hell out of OA right now.

Love how the campaign kicks off as well (I haven't played more than a few missions yet).

Even the editor feels faster and smoother now. A pure joy for mission makers like myself :yay:

The FLIR is a epic win of course.

The weapons I tried so far feel fresh and there is a lot to choose from. Good stuff.

Radio comms don't sound as stiff now, at least they seem less 'in your face'.

/ ]NTRUDER

@ricbar89 first video (quote) is flir in apache second video is the UAV flir

lPxBJOruWLM

new era of the super realism.
T-55 against HMMVV.

Russian HEAT ammunition can not damage the super car of Americans.

But from the HE ammunition immediately death.

modeled in the editor. configuration complexity of a veteran

Bug or so conceived?