Placebo

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead Impressions - ALL OA Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

We´ll know once the copy protection service gets removed.

This evening we played a small coop on duala only with ArmA 2 and 1.07, i experienced great performance throughout the whole game.

Now during editing in OA i cannot say it feels as fluent, could be missing 1.07, could be CP :confused:

I'll check it out Burns, so far performance as per 08 benchmark is great. Update: CPU @ 3.7, RAM timings 7-7-7-20 = 47 FPS in that scenario, specs in my sig. :yay:

Artillery

God damn! That British bloke's fake American accent makes me want to pull my hair out from the roots. :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek:

Gah! won't be getting my copy till Friday, so thanks for the impressions folks.

OT

Noticing a few ban-hammers/suspensions being put down around here!? What's that about.

God damn! That British bloke's fake American accent makes me want to pull my hair out from the roots.

Huh!... Kevin Costner / Don Cheadle... i need say no more! so

... suck it up!

fT7n7szMYEE

:turn:

edit:
OT
Noticing a few ban-hammers/suspensions being put down around here!? What's that about.

Like everybody's taking a quick hike down to good old germany to find one of the
few retailers that already got OA on the shelves? (on a closed stores sunday!) hx3_uglydance.gif Edited by Mr Burns

Nice looking vids and pics!

I just purchased OA here so I'm waiting for the download link to be activated at 00:01 on the 29th. Who cares if it's in German! :D I got ArmA 2 from the same place. Good stuff.

[yutube]fT7n7szMYEE

Oh my god. I love you, didn't see that epic song coming. All we need is a Yusuf Amir model and a golden Little Bird :D Edited by Placebo

Like everybody's taking a quick hike down to good old germany to find one of the

few retailers that already got OA on the shelves? (on a closed stores sunday!) hx3_uglydance.gif

That explains why my buddy didn't complete his task of getting a copy. Damn guess I'll have to wait even longer to have a direct link to OA. :sigh:

cool vid I found on YouTube. (not mine)

2qkPT5LMRDY&

Edited by Sniper Pilot

[youtue]fT7n7szMYEE

What an EPIC video! :D Only missing some Golden Bentleys and stuff :D

Edited by Placebo

What an EPIC video! :D Only missing some Golden Bentleys and stuff

That Chevy Suburban and Land Rover will do. All we need is a modder to pimp them out. :D

Huh!... Kevin Costner / Don Cheadle... i need say no more! so ... suck it up!

The fuck? :confused:

Like everybody's taking a quick hike down to good old germany to find one of the few retailers that already got OA on the shelves? (on a closed stores sunday!)

Great vid, I nearly pissed myself laughing. ;)

I guess I do need say more then...

Kevin Costner (American) as 'Robin Hood Prince of Theives' (British) played with an american accent!

Don Cheadle (American), doing the worst British accent in film history!

So I said 'suck it up', due to the fact the Brits (for example) have had to put up wth bad accents/VO's/whatever from US actors for years.

Well, there's the thing, in most cases the time you'd spend creating a realistically looking interior could be spent on another tanks exterior.

And why should a possible interior be any less important than the exterior? If anything I would much prefer looking at the inside of a tank rather than a looking glass at all times, it definatly gives more immersion and for modern MBT's with computer screen can allow you do even more..something i hope to prove with my M1A1.

It's the difference of going from the outside world to a simple window, that is not very immersive at all, but if you go from looking outside to seeing the inside of the tank, hearing it from inside and so on the feeling becomes much more real.

Edited by NodUnit

Hope somebody is working on multicam re-skin of the US Army units, that'd be awesome.

Hope somebody is working on multicam re-skin of the US Army units, that'd be awesome.

Check ArmAholic WIP. ;)

Check ArmAholic WIP.

Link? ;)

I guess I do need say more then. Kevin Costner as 'Robin Hood Prince of Theives' (British) played with an american accent! Don Cheadle, doing the worst British accent in film history! So I said suck it up, due to the fact the Brits have had to put up wth bad accents from US actors for years.

Oh, okay. :D

by nixo

Those aren't the BIS-made models, are they?

oops :p

I guess he didn't read your post either

If anyone can answer, do bodies become progressively cooler when viewed through FLIR? What about vehicles after the engine is turned off?

If anyone can answer, do bodies become progressively cooler when viewed through FLIR? What about vehicles after the engine is turned off?

Most likely yes to both questions. ;)

I think this is a request that would serve the entire community so I will go ahead and make it.

Can someone post maps of the three regions, or at least the Zargabad and Takistan Mountains one?

The desert one may not be all that important at this point. The most detail you could manage would be awesome too but whatever you can get is fine. I have the one of the Takistan region but it isn't detailed enough for buildings to appear on it. Thank you.

that is true: with even HIGHER detail involving HDR and SHADOWS and PASTPOST set to very high i have 10 more FPS than on cherna.

Flying in the Jet PVP mission, i have constant 60 fps!!

Idk what you did to your pc in the process of switching to OA but something must´ve been going wrong.

I mean, its simply logic: cherna 1 trillion tons of trees bring down even quick machines, takistan has like 100 tress, lol

Actually in Arma 2 near/in dense forest I have smooth performance up to 60fps, but near towns fps just drops to 15-20.

The Apache night patrol was kinda neat.

Interested in seeing what happens to enemy combatants when shot with the cannon at night with FLIR (hoping for white bursts on human impacts).

regarding that Arty video. it seems that is a "vertual arty". i mean he calls it and it just falls from the sky instantly...

there must have been an entire arty brigade standing by to throw steel rain his way.

I really hope that the old arma2 format is still available. as in the radio chatter, and actually having to wait for the crews to zero in react, fire, and wait for the shells to travel the distance, and one fire mission per battery. you know, kinda sorta realistic? not that arcade BS

also, is it now easier to get arty working in a mission with out all that scripting? or support in general for that matter?

i do hate to be that one jerk to spark the whole thread in a flamy hatey cascade into excessive negativity over small quibbles, but i just would like to know if the old "style" of IDF support is still available. I guess it would also be good to have an "arcade" and normal arty depending on the mission...

Edited by That guy