Placebo

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead Impressions - ALL OA Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

th_a2oahr_tracksx1.jpg th_a2oahr_tracksx2.jpg th_a2oahr_tracksx3.jpg

th_a2oahr_tracksx4.jpg th_a2oahr_tracksx5.jpg

^^ shadows disabled on purpose

Question: When using the Javelin, you can chosse between DIR and TOP attacks? Or its up to the weapon?

I didn´t see any options to choose from ... but the beeping lock on signal can get quite annoying lol

Sad to see that AI don´t give a f*** when seeing someone going down. =\

That could be the case, but when I saw it the first thing that came to mind was they were set to careless rather than safe. If you look they actually perfectly locate the shooter and stare at him as he shoots them. I've seen that happen so many times that it automatically screams careless mode at me, but I could be wrong.

but the beeping lock on signal can get quite annoying lol

It did seem very loud.

I'm making a video of me, waiting, for the game.:D

Thanks Burns. Those tracks kept me guessing for a while, but now all is clear like an 100% black alpha channel :p

Sad to see that AI don´t give a f*** when seeing someone going down. =\

It was night, they didn't have night vision, and he was using a silenced weapon- Maybe they simply didn't see their buddy go down, I know I saw them react after the second or third man went down.

If real humans can not notice a dead man for 5 days, I think the AI could not notice some things too. If it were an explosion this would be a different story.

Edited by Sniper Pilot

Thanks Burns. Those tracks kept me guessing for a while, but now all is clear like an 100% black alpha channel :p

Cheers :cheers:

Burns, any tank internals?

Nope. But you´re a Llama :turn:

AAS for Operation Arrowhead :)

[youtue]Aj8AgR2zjoc

Orgasm achived @ 3:33 :eyeheart:

Will the other tanks have this awesome feature? like the abrams?

Edited by Placebo

Burns (actually, anyone who already has OA), please flood us with more videos, atleast until the 29th!

That could be the case, but when I saw it the first thing that came to mind was they were set to careless rather than safe. If you look they actually perfectly locate the shooter and stare at him as he shoots them. I've seen that happen so many times that it automatically screams careless mode at me, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, could be. Will find out in some days anyway.

th_a2oahr_tracksx1.jpg th_a2oahr_tracksx2.jpg th_a2oahr_tracksx3.jpg

th_a2oahr_tracksx4.jpg th_a2oahr_tracksx5.jpg

^^ shadows disabled on purpose

I didn´t see any options to choose from ... but the beeping lock on signal can get quite annoying lol

Lol,that was my first thought after watchin the vid, probably wont take someone long to change that 8)

Would anyone mind uploading a vid of shooting the Sa-58 in OA?

If you mean the internal view then no, Mr Burns just told me that :( (thanks btw :) ). When brought up before BIS answer was that they dont deem it worth the effort for MBTs. Thats one big thing I miss from OFP..

If you mean the movement of the head while driving (very cool!) its still no as you need internal views for that..

If you mean the internal view then no, Mr Burns just told me that :( (thanks btw :) ). When brought up before BIS answer was that they dont deem it worth the effort for MBTs. Thats one big thing I miss from OFP..

If you mean the movement of the head while driving (very cool!) its still no as you need internal views for that..

...Which from what i understand you can easily make your own interiors if you deem it necessary right?

Yes, it was always possible, just most addomakers don't want to waste time on the interiors, which i can fully understand. Only restriction is that you can't add your own interior to already packed/binarized model, it has to be all in one .p3d file....

...Which from what i understand you can easily make your own interiors if you deem it necessary right?

It seems like that it's possible again to create your own.

But don't ask me how. :p

Thats exactly what I thought.Now that is a superb tank driving view that I didn't think possible in Arma2.The other similar interioors in present Arma2,not about textures but the windows,look atrocious with opaque glass you can't see thru.This new interior is the future and what I envision DLC content to look like.

I like how they pointed the view points downward slightly since you are in fact driving and need to see the road most importantly.Also I didn't notice before the new head movement driving vehicles.Very subtle and you have to look but I can say that right off the bat the vehicles look more realistic.

i did meant the inside view, and thats a bitch that most tanks wont have it. i def think its worth the effort, check this, it looks so neat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq81sWJFBos&feature=related

Yes, it was always possible, just most addomakers don't want to waste time on the interiors, which i can fully understand. Only restriction is that you can't add your own interior to already packed/binarized model, it has to be all in one .p3d file....

But we need realism for this sim...or more realism.Put me in a tank driving position with that new view with good control of vehicle and I would be in heaven.Driving from 3rd person is cheating IMO.:D

PR:Arma2 will have deep interiors hopeefully as detailed as this one is.

Well, there's the thing, in most cases the time you'd spend creating a realistically looking interior could be spent on another tanks exterior.

[YOUTUBE]q2GI3Pk8Ots[YOUTUBE]

:eek: Now that is sick! Thanks for sharing, almost wish i could cut my vacation short and come home early for this lol. :bounce3: