Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

5. Three airports with working ILS & AI takeoff/landing + 1 extra airport just for players

Ooooh thats great news. That extra airport ... i have a vision of a little strip in the wilderness, trees and bushes makes it hard to see from air. No ILS or anything to give away its position, just a remote place that cannot be found exept by those who already know where it is.... ;)

Remember that rotten airfield in JurassicPark3?

You're a bit off, its a very demanding airport up in the mountains ;)

Here's a video:

I think he might talk about the one up in the hills ;)

EDIT: Ups, bit too late :D

Btw, would be a nice gimmick to see that An-2 wrack implemented in your map :)

Edited by Cyclone83

5h MP test underway (closed). Mondkalb is building tribune (crowd stand) for opening ceremony soon ;)

There will be couple of suprises in the event, we will have a lot of fun ;)

Are you going to make a video of this event?

UGAF will be streaming the event live which will also be available for playback at a later date. I will make sure we post the link after the event for your viewing pleasure mate.

Also on this subject. A link to our live stream channel is available via my signature.

Kind Regards,

Recon

UGAF 2IC

I'm sorry for a bit of delay with public beta release, I'm not used to release stuff that looks incomplete - and making a lush green island is a whole different matter than releasing a desert map.

I've even bought Tropico 3 game for some cool island inspiration ;) I though I'll be done with it by now, but lack of help (Diablo helped me with Duala buildings templates - thats what I miss the most, streets, bases etc.) is taking toll on the time. As you probably guessed I'm not able to work on "free" projects all day long ;) and 10x10km map that needs max detail is a big beast to handle....

But don't worry, its shaping up nicely and release is not very far away.

If you can offer help:

- converting OFP stuff that I have permission to convert, oxygen & config work...

- map templates (.pew on empty map) such as bases, small towns, factories, drug plants etc. (necessary: to use default A2/OA objects)

Edited by IceBreakr

no rush champ, all of your islands are well worth the wait

Things are getting ready for the opening ceremony. Inspectors are just checking out architect Mr. Mondkalb's crowd stands that must be safe for 75-150 people attending the Powershow (airshow & car stunts).

tribunas.jpg tribuna2s.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Just seen the shot you posted in the photography thread and damn it looks fine!

Any news on the "Opening Ceremony", dates times etc?

IceBreaker, you really nail it every time!I was just thinking that with all the desert and the east european environments in Arma2, we lack some south american sand box for variety!!

Can't wait!

I need to do a lot of work on the satellite image (since its fictional land I'm using bunch of data from South America/Mexico/Dominicana, heh) but its slowly getting there:

lingor_calamar.jpg

Saturation will be cut down on lower-right corner land.

Didn't anyone see the lovely Mig-21BIS in the previous shot? It will be the main CAS/CAP fighter on Lingor for both sides thanks to wld247 :) I'm also in big anticipation of a "slayer" project now being in safe hands of a very talented mod maker. I'm glad I don't have to deal with it myself with all the work remaining on the island and missions :)

Thanks esco7800, jadehorus and all others for kind words. Thats what keeps me going =)

Here's a bonus pic :)

Village of Fauna

Edited by IceBreakr

Oh wow, I can't wait for the release of that. All who get invited to the opening event are lucky. Guess I'll deal with blowing up the jungle alone when it is in public beta that day XD

Still can't wait. Rumble in the jungle... chills down the spine thinking about the missions that can be had on Lingor.

Oh my god Icebreaker, this is gonna be the best map ever! :D

Is that remote strip on the cliff going to have it's Tarmac ripped off .... S urely that would be a dirt strip.

I'm also in big anticipation of a "slayer" project now being in safe hands of a very talented mod maker.

Incredible work, your islands are the best.

May I ask what the 'slayer' project is? Surely you don't mean my favorite band, do you? :eek:

Thanks for the updates though, I always look forward to your posts.