Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

PowerShow Event: Opening Ceremony for Lingor Island

POWERSHOW EVENT

Island Lingor. Airport Maruko.

A special multiplayer event will accompany the release of my new island.

SBP Team acts as security unit for all players invited to the show.

Access to the aircraft and choppers is limited only for the confirmed guests, gate is keeping others away. When event starts and enough people are present on the server show starts. SBP Team wears a squad logo on their backs and are recognized by Event Leader that way. Weapons for security troops are stored in closed area, too. Including a sniper for crowd control ;)

PLAYERS

Players can freely join game on West or East side , but they are spawned without a weapon to the Airport Lobby. Civilian red and blue clothes help you identify who is on which side. They have access to the crowd stand. We will let in a couple of guys to participate and show their 1337 skillz ;) Another special gate limits them from roaming the world/island.

MISSION MAP

powershow1.jpg

PART I: AIRSHOW AND STUNT SHOW

Air (low flights) and car action (jumps) is done by SBP Team to entertain the crowds. Red and Blue players are friends. Airport is a weapons-free zone. Any player appearing near the airport gets his weapons removed automatically.

PART II: ADVENTURE

Crowd is let out of the main special gate operated by show leader. There are two "toilets" - that teleport player to his West and East bases. Teleport drops you into bunker where you can equip with rifles (FNFAL for East/Red, M16 for West/Blue). When at least 4 players are present there, bunker gate open for 30 seconds and you can get to the vehicles and roam the island with guys you're with. You can explore the island freely or approach any hotpoints marked on map for special missions. Gates can also always be opened from outside if someone gets left inside.

Two guys from SBP would act as side leaders and they could spawn new light vehicles. They can also call in the Airport and order a chopper ride (one of SBP pilots on the standby) to drop a unit (at least 4 guys) somewhere.

Couple of "battlefields" would be marked on map and organized PvP events would play out at that sectors. AI rebels could be present on the map that hate both sides... When you die you appear back at the airport and you can use the "magic toilet" to get to the BASE.

Both bases are protected so other side cannot reach them (base-rape).

Hopefully we will have a good time and dedicated server will enable more than 100 players to be present.

Event will probably be set up at around 9-10 o'clock Zulu time (Europe/UK). Date will be posted later (Lingor Island Beta gets released to the public on the same day).

PRIZES FOR PLAYERS

There will be suitcases over the map for you to find, hiding 3x Take On Helicopter games, 2x Arma : 10th Anniversary and couple other prizes ($). You will recieve prizes via Steam (game codes, can be used as gifts to your friends) and Paypal. Games were generously donated by Bohemia Interactive.

--------

I accept new/extra mission ideas but be reminded again that many players will be present so no heavy scripting on AI is allowed in that case due to lag issues. Event will be hosted by SBP Team Slovenia. TS3 will be set for teams.

Edited by IceBreakr

Don't worry, map needs to get finished to the beta stage ;)

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would post up and say how pumped UGAF is about being giving the oppertunity to host this event. It is a great honor.

I have personally followed this island with great interest and cannot wait to play it!

I hope myself, G-Man (Alex) and other memberso of UGAF host an excellent event and hopefully be the first choice in the future for island/mod makers to trust when it comes to beta testing.

Look forward to seeing you all their.

Kind Regards

Recon

2IC UGAF.

UGAF and SBP are preparing the event, but more importantly I'm pushing hard to finish the beta map soon.

More details about the event:

- there will be an airshow with acrobatic flybys, low runway passes and demo strafe runs with various airplanes and choppers

- visitors will be able to drive with APC crews on the dirt-track near the runway and through the woods

- jumps across busses, crowdstand and other stunt actions ;)

- live TV feed of the show on UGAF TV

- and much more!

After the show at the airport teams will be able to leave the area and explore the island or join one of the waring sides.

We are preparing a program for the event along with map sketches and intel prior to the start. You'll be notified. Date is still not set (probably around end of month or first week of October).

Pack needed for the event will be posted at least 5 hours before the start of the event. Hopefully we can meet in large number and there will be couple of VIP guests, too :)

Wow, this sounds pretty awesome. I hope I can make it. :)

On that note, are you aiming for a certain weekday (no, not date) and time frame for the event? Like, a saturday or sunday around 4PM (CEST), or a weekday around 8PM, or whatever?

First plan is to do event on a Thursday.

Server would be open for everyone from BIF, but passworded (password will be written in this topic on the day of the event). We are still at least 2 weeks away, a lot of testing is in progress now and my team still needs to do a general pre-run of the entire event and check all triggers and stuff like that.

If you guys have any ideas for the second phase (TvTvAI) - let me know via PM, we're preparing a mission and if you have any cool ideas what to do on island, lemme know.

This sounds really fun almost like a real night out, can anyone attend?

also are the TS3 details etc posted as well on the day?

Edited by Bigpickle

GITS clan has it on their radar thanks to Pickle. We'll try to attend.

you could adapt a convoy side mission from evolution for the AI mission - whoever kills it gets the points...or bonus weapons or something.

Or maybe a hostage rescue. The mission script is in GITS evolution duala or takistan as data/scripts/mcsar for the search and rescue and data/scripts/massb for convoy.

Thanks eggbeast, will take a look.

So far I can confirm that exploring map will be awarded (but only if you return the found stuff back to your base, heh). I want to focus the fighting part to couple of areas (thinking of AAS) and winning (for example) all 5 sectors would ensure the victory for one side and then:

a) mission would end

b) spawn of one side would be moved to a jail ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

Update: mission Phase1 is complete. Island development is coming to an end this week. Patch 1.60 is just around the corner.... we are close to announce the date then ;)

SBP Aerobatic Team is training hard for the past 2 months ;)

image.php?id=182&size=1

Edited by IceBreakr

SBP Acrobatic Team is training hard for the past 2 months ;)

Acrobatic team... do they do somersaults over the planes or something? :p :D