Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Very nice :D Seems like a fun jungle romp, I must say. Hope you can get it released soon! (so that people can start finding all the bugs and you can start fixing them ;))

Regards,

Wolfrug

Bigpickle: its a serious thing and it will be included (cloaking, various weapons, advanced AI hunting script, self-destruct nuke, green blood, etc.). Its up to mission maker to use them or don't (if you hate scifi).

)rStrangelove;1759299']Awesome vid. Now we need a 'Cover yourself with mud' script for survival reasons. :D

i was just thinking the same thing

)rStrangelove;1759299']Awesome vid. Now we need a 'Cover yourself with mud' script for survival reasons. :D

That is actually a really good idea ;) Can certainly be done somehow

Could be simple.

-add menu item to player

-start countdown after player activates it (after 4 mins the mud wears off and you have to do it again)

-setcaptive player to 1

-if player moves deactivate skript again (movement makes muddy camo useless as we all know)

Could be done in 20mins

Charon and Icebreakr working together :)

Good times.

It would be cool if there was a hanging, skinned body object :P

I'm crossing my fingers for gore!

Edited by Sky999

)rStrangelove;1759606']Could be simple.

-add menu item to player

-start countdown after player activates it (after 4 mins the mud wears off and you have to do it again)

-setcaptive player to 1

-if player moves deactivate skript again (movement makes muddy camo useless as we all know)

Could be done in 20mins

Good thought.

There is however no captives for the predator.

Any unit on the map that is armed (except Predators of course) becomes a potential prey and is being

hunted by the custom predator FSM. But the condition could be

setvariabled to a soldier.

It could be scripted at the shores of rivers to give a player the action menu option to use the mud. Biggest bummer is of course that the model

won´t show the mud unless someone insane enough re-textures a lot of soldiers for hidden textures.

The big questions is just "Where is the point of being muddy, but not being able to move?" :)

You know the answer? Napalm! Blow it away! KA-BOOM! Hahaha XD It'll deal with the rebels too :P

The big questions is just "Where is the point of being muddy, but not being able to move?" :)

Uhm... to play hide & seek with the Predator?

If i'd be crouched in a bush because all my squad got killed by the Predator, i activate the script and watch the Predator searching for me. To hear the breathing of it anywhere near me would surely send shivers down my spine. :)

)rStrangelove;1759738']To hear the breathing of it anywhere near me would surely send shivers down my spine. :)

>_> Hell in the teaser and hearing that thing scream or what ever... that freaked me out XD I jumped the first time I saw it... but yes. This island is going to be great! I can not WAIT to make war there!

Bigpickle: its a serious thing and it will be included (cloaking, various weapons, advanced AI hunting script, self-destruct nuke, green blood, etc.). Its up to mission maker to use them or don't (if you hate scifi).

:eek:

YES!

Going. To. Be. Awesome.

EDIT:

Covering your face with mud should be possible. I remember the Lowlands Warrior mod for Operation Flashpoint having the ability to camouflage your face with a visible face texture, and also the ability to put on either a beret or your helmet. If you put on your beret, you'd see the helmet hanging on your side. It was really awesome.

)rStrangelove;1759738']If i'd be crouched in a bush because all my squad got killed by the Predator' date=' i activate the script and watch the Predator searching for me. To hear the breathing of it anywhere near me would surely send shivers down my spine. :)[/quote']

And just when you lie there waiting in fear ... BOOM .. green venomous snake bites you in the face :D :yay:

Going. To. Be. Awesome.

EDIT:

Covering your face with mud should be possible. I remember the Lowlands Warrior mod for Operation Flashpoint having the ability to camouflage your face with a visible face texture, and also the ability to put on either a beret or your helmet. If you put on your beret, you'd see the helmet hanging on your side. It was really awesome.

True, just aint gonna be convincing to the Predator not to whoop your hind end ;)

Well maybe some nut will make some mud textures for soldiers, then it would look awesome.

*Cough* This is the thread for the island ^^ :P Keep it on the island yus? :D Think Charon has his own thread on the slayer X3 But yes, this island and everything will turn out awesome!

One more teaser movie is coming for the island and then the release of beta, along with the MP event aka opening ceremony.

Current work: completely redoing the main town Maruko and airport, adding various detail.

Edited by IceBreakr

I've playing and loved all your islands IceBreakr and I'm getting the feeling this ones going to be the best one yet.

Good luck with the opener.

Oh man. All of you who get invited. LUCKY. I can't wait for release! So many missions... so many wars... *Drool*

There are issues appearing that I have no or very little control off. There are still MP issues with the "slayers" and Mig-21 project for rebels & government forces is "on hold". Island is on the other hand pretty much finished for beta.

Enad, when I see your post I always remember this t-shirt:

a1263_thumb.jpg

:D no offense ;)