Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

They are similiar to CDF troops, but with a new camo that is a mix of digicam "pixelado" of Colombia with an unique new twist on jungle pattern ;) Units blend well into the environment.

Dosenmais is helping me with civilians that will have an armed faction, too.

Wow. This is too awesome.

I NEED THIS.

as for ideas...could you make some little shallow streams around in the thicker jungles.

Like this:

2Qt1r.jpg

That would be sooo awesome.

That's all I got for ideas right now.

Enad: will try to pull off something like that, tnx for the tip. I'll also add rocks for cover in this stream ;)

p.s. mods will probably put a new rule: don't overuse the word "awesome" ;) anyhow, don't get me wrong - I'm flattered that you like the project.

Edited by IceBreakr

Enad: will try to pull off something like that, tnx for the tip. I'll also add rocks for cover in this stream ;)

That would be so awesome !

:)

+1 to the add small creeks

This has to be one of my most anticipated addons ever.

Its just so...

AWESOME!!!

Couple of tease shots, including two feat. units crossing a new creek.

lingorparango.jpg lingorarl.jpg fobeddie.jpg lingorriverpatrol.jpg lingorriverpatrol2.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Those creeks look great!!!

But I was thinking something like a small stream. REALLY small. Something that wouldnt show up on the map as water, it's just something you stumble upon while on Patrol or in a mission or something.

That would be awesome! :)

I still love those larger shallow creeks. Looks epic.

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't know how to change the intensity of the shore waves, so I will need to put down river objects. Editor is severely limited when there's 100s of objects, so I might loose couple of hours on that creek :) hopefully it will pay off.

Edited by IceBreakr

Looking fantastic, i love that river shot.

As to what Enad suggested, that would be great too. It could be a little sideriver to a bigger river and run into it.

I would like to organize a MP event when island gets released to the public. Are there any owners of dedicated servers capable of hosting such an event with more than 50 players? It would be open to the public for the time of duration (no more than few hours) with signed island files and vanilla version 1.54 only?

Edit: tnx, got it :) keep ya posted.

Edited by IceBreakr

I would like to organize a MP event when island gets released to the public. Are there any owners of dedicated servers capable of hosting such an event with more than 50 players? It would be open to the public for the time of duration (no more than few hours) with signed island files and vanilla version 1.54 only?

IceBreaker I'm interested in hosting this for you, I have PM'd you more details.

Two questions for you Icebreakr.

1. Did you ever get round, or are planning to get round, to making the PMCs look less like rebels and more like these guys?

rypbagdad_2.jpg

2. Since you got the permission from those OFP Predator modellers, have the 'Stalkers' been modelled further from this stage?

lingorslayers.jpg

Edited by Sky999

Sky999:

1. IceWindo is working on the new equipment for PMCs and ARL (Rebels) will probably get some of that gear too (canteen, ammo pouch).

2. Yes, new model is being used, I'll post WIP shots when I'm done with them.

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't know how to change the intensity of the shore waves, so I will need to put down river objects. Editor is severely limited when there's 100s of objects, so I might loose couple of hours on that creek :) hopefully it will pay off.

THANK YOU.

You're hard work is SO appreciated. This is gonna be one hell of a map. Go Icebreakr! :D

Awesome news about the PMCs.

Are you going to do any retex's of the PMC's added in BAF, or do you not want to make it require BAF?

I didn't realise they were new units? I thought they were just the 'Euro man 1&2' just given guns?

I didn't realise they were new units? I thought they were just the 'Euro man 1&2' just given guns?

They are exactly that. They haven't even been reskinned.

They are exactly that. They haven't even been reskinned.

Ahh then it would be a problem. They're strange units, as far as I can see, they use the same face regardless of what you're profile's face is. I'm not sure if it's possible to change their faces, they seem to be stuck on them.