Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Shots are looking good, very nice lushly green enviroment! The grass colors also fit very well. One thing, if you would add more detail to the ground texs around buildings, it would look even better. I miss the transition from the grass to walls / buildings, it seems as if the buildings are on top of the grass instead of the grass around the building if you know what i mean...

Yeah, shots are still WIP (Work in Progress). Ground textures are not the final beta yet.

Here are new WIP shots. Hopefully all these months of hard work will give you a place you'll visit often ;)

lingor_r02s.jpg

Its remind me of Farcry 2, seriously.

Great work, amazing

Does anyone have any missions planned for this yet? I was thinking that converting Bon's Hunt for Waldo would work nicely.

I designed a nice mission already on the beta map - a riverine patrol into the southern end of the island. Watch out for ambushes :)

I designed a nice mission already on the beta map - a riverine patrol into the southern end of the island. Watch out for ambushes :)

What beta map?:butbut:

Bigpickle: around 20 guys are testing the old build... internal testing, that is. Wait for 2 more weeks and it will be out :)

Good news: jungles of Lingor won't just look cool, but also sound that way ;) Charon put a lot of work into new sound effects, so jungle will came alive on your speakers, too. He even did new rain and thunderstorm sounds ;)

I wish every mapmaker had this much commitment to making his map AWESOME! :)

This sounds so good, great sound is really vital too in a map so its really cool to hear your going to such lengths giving the community such a stellar effort for a map.

Thanks mate

... or a mission about the covert ops seen in 'Clear and present danger' ?

You know, fighting against a druglords cartell.

I wholeheartedly agree with the others - environmental sound effects are the poor step child in gaming. So many gamers seem to be hypnotised by graphics. I'm stoked when I hear good sounds. For me its just as vital in the suspension of disbelief. I've spent hours searching for such sfx for table gaming. I really appreciate how hard it is to find good quality recordings. I even tried recording my own effects at one stage :j: Kudos to investing in such an inglorious aspect!

Gonna have so much fun with the PMC DLC on this Island D:

Ah can't wait!!

Guys, I'm back from roadtrip in Italy. Work on the project will continue in the following days :)

just about to release a pack of 5 co07 coop missions for OA to run on dedicated server then i want to focus on small GR-style missions for this map.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust