Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Petition for ArmA2 WW2 Expansion

Do you want WW2 Expansion for ArmA 2?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want WW2 Expansion for ArmA 2?

• Yes.
    • No, make expansion covering some other era.

After Operation Arrowhead many people - I would go as far to say most - would like to see WW2 Expansion (preferrably standalone) made.

The possibilites what ArmA 2 engine would provide to WW2 gaming genre would be something never before seen in WW2 genre in terms of scope, realism and graphics. WW2 Mods that are currently available for ArmA 2 are nice but don't match for a genuine commercial expansion.

With markets saturated with FPS titles like Call of Duty & Medal of Honor, WW2 expansion made by BIS would be very refreshing and I predict, would be financial success taken into account all those WW2 fans wanting more realism, coop gameplay, campaign and dozens of other features. Less gamey titles like Red Orchestra or WW2 Online don't come close in versatility what ArmA 2 engine would provide.

I also predict that making an expansion on the current/improved engine would be cheaper than to go on creating entirely new engine from scratch. BIS should do one more expansion to fully squeeze current engine from it's juice.

I say bring on WW2, let it be Western Front, Eastern Front, Pacific, etc. or even better, combination of many WW2 theaters and periods of war!

Signed.

I voted no. I can think of dozens of other things I'd rather BIS did.

Oh I dont know.. I mean its a nice idea, but making all new environment and buildings.. maybe if they did one for North Africa they could actually use OA buildings. But this time they cant "Loan" vehicles from VBS, and BIS dislikes making new content by themselves so I highly doubt it'll ever happen. :p

No, WW2 has been featured enough in the gaming industry. So just no..

I voted yes, could you imagine the amazing construction of say Normandy that Bohemia could produce. Or for that matter anywhere in europe and the likes. That combining the game engine one word WOW

I'd rather see a proper Vietnam expansion, or another Cold War Crisis.

I voted no. It's been done enough times.

No, there are already community main Mods working on it ..., and I believe their work will be great, let BIS works enhancing the core of the game.

No, WW2 has been featured enough in the gaming industry. So just no..
I voted no. I can think of dozens of other things I'd rather BIS did.

This.

I voted no, I think I've played way enough games featuring WW2 last decade, I would rather want others wars representated, I'm also really tired of US equipment same goes for Soviet era weapons but that's another story.

Since Invasion 44 has been under development for 9 years already it will surely be better than any commercial product.

It's not that WW2 as a whole has been over done but just that it is the same battles that are done over and over again.

I voted No aswell.

Modern day equipment is more entertaining to use in a video game.

I would like BIS to focus more on the engine than the content now.

If theres going to be another expansion, I would like it to be a really focused on the Navy Seals and the Russian Spetnaz. Spec ops theme and gameplay mechanics.

Its been done to death but not on a game engine like this, i wouldnt really like an expantion because it wouldnt make sense at this point but a whole new game based on WW2 would be fun.. i find gameplay to be more interesting without modern tech and all that spechul forces crap is starting to bore me.

I would love to have a WW2 game or expansion for ArmA II since most of the stuff people complain about is lack of feature X,Y, or Z that all have to do with modern equipment.

Sure there have been a lot of World War II games but there have not been any like ArmA. I would finally be able to stop using M16s and AKs too. Hell they could make up some island in Italy or North Africa or something and have it all revolve around that. I think it would be great if they pulled it off well.

To those of you saying "no because the modders are working on it"... the modders are working on pretty much everything. I would love to have more core game things worked out and better AI but I would love to see it in a World War II game and perhaps have the chance of having it compatible with ArmA II and OA.

World War II? Great idea, its never been done before. I'd rather see a Vietnam War expansion, but that's probably not going to happen anytime soon. If anything, I'd rather have the old Cold War setting.

We can all dream, right?

Rather a futuristic expansion. There is not limitations on the future since it hasn't already happened. We all know how WW2 ended so there are no surprises.

i am going to mirror what alot of people have said already, the premise is very cool, but would i "wish" that BI would devote the time to make a WWII game? I cant say. I certainly would not say no if it were announced, but it seems *ahm* very unlikely.

plus there is no other single player large scale combined arms ww2 FFP game out there

but since we are just now getting the high tech toys we have always wanted, it seems like it would be a step backwards in terms of engine technology.

i guess just leave it too the modders, with all the different projects going we will end up with some very nice mods

World War 2 is the absolute last conflict I would want them to do.

I like to see more proper Vietnam mod or something than WW2

Edited by RobertHammer

Voted yes, I'd love a WWII expansion. Yes, there are lots of WWII games out there, but they are only RTS and FPS. The one WWII soldier simulator out there is WWII online, which has crappy graphics, only PvP, no coop or single player, and you have to pay a fee every month.

I'd really like to see the awesome gameplay of Arma 2 in a WWII setting.

Edited by Johan S