Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality Development

Yes this brings fresh air into Arma2.

However I am curious if PR will be mixable with all the great mods that are out there. I am not sure if the guys from PR understand that we needed about 8 years of development to get a base where a lot (if not all mods) can be combined with each other. (CBA is the keyword, and former JAM in OFP times).

So it could be really nice to see a mod team to bring in new content into ArmA2, and the advertisment of it is really good. However I am a little bit sceptical if this package will only work as a standalone mod without the possibility to combine it with other mods.

Also I am very sceptical if this is really THAT mindblowing.

Take ACE2/GL4/SLX/JTD/VFAI/PROPER (maybe add WarFX) combined (which works in reality, thanks to accepting the CBA standard) and compare it to the PR package....hmm. The level set by very experienced mod makers already on the scene is very high.

Let's see how this develops. I mainly am interested in the Afghanistan map :D

But if the units and vehicles would not accept the CBA standard, then PR is in the stone age of OFP in the years 2001/2002 where every mod team and mod maker made his own standards which led to a big confusion.

ArmA2 world is definitely a LOT more sophisticated then BF2.

So let me say this: first I would like to get more info about the features which will be implemented into this mod. (Right now there is really very little about it.) Then we will test it and then we will see how it fits the ArmA2 universe.

Last word: The team really has balls! I admire thier courage for this scale of a project!

Never had the chance to play BF2 with PR but have heard wonderful things about it. Great news you have now included Arma 2 to mod for. Good looking models too guys, good luck.

However I am curious if PR will be mixable with all the great mods that are out there. I am not sure if the guys from PR understand that we needed about 8 years of development to get a base where a lot (if not all mods) can be combined with each other. (CBA is the keyword, and former JAM in OFP times).

So it could be really nice to see a mod team to bring in new content into ArmA2, and the advertisment of it is really good. However I am a little bit sceptical if this package will only work as a standalone mod without the possibility to combine it with other mods.

Take ACE2/GL4/SLX/JTD/VFAI/PROPER (maybe add WarFX) combined (which works in reality, thanks to accepting the CBA standard) and compare it to the PR package....hmm. The level set by very experienced mod makers already on the scene is very high.

But if the units and vehicles would not accept the CBA standard, then PR is in the stone age of OFP in the years 2001/2002 where every mod team and mod maker made his own standards which led to a big confusion.

So let me say this: first I would like to get more info about the features which will be implemented into this mod. (Right now there is really very little about it.) Then we will test it and then we will see how it fits the ArmA2 universe.

Last word: The team really has balls! I admire thier courage for this scale of a project!

Very good point.

I hope it's not "project reality or nothing" sort of thing. Use of CBA would be a good idea....

Very interesting.

Hope this PR will be modded for Operation Arrowhead as well due to the new tech etc it brings.

Good luck finalizing this mod. Eagerly awaiting it. :)

Yes, I play that mod on BF2 also, but I have one question that puts me into concern: Why PR is ArmA 2, if we have Advanced Combat Enviroment (as Kroky said)?

ACE is even more expanded than Project Reality, so I also want to hear the plan.

Anyway, I will be watching that topic. YOu are my favourite BF2 mod, though.

I remember the day when PR:BF2 came out, the very first version of the "Mini Mod" and I knew that these guys (even lots has changed for sure) will make great things. So clad you are moving to RV3 engine. Create, test & share and I promise to love you :)

Yes, I play that mod on BF2 also, but I have one question that puts me into concern: Why PR is ArmA 2, if we have Advanced Combat Enviroment (as Kroky said)?

ACE is even more expanded than Project Reality, so I also want to hear the plan.

Anyway, I will be watching that topic. YOu are my favourite BF2 mod, though.

Variety is good.

ACE2 is great, but no harm in having something else to try and play, I'd like to see PR servers as well as ACE2 ones.

No matter if ACE excists i think since they will probably be a bit different and maybe more of a complete PVP package. ACE is super big and has so much stuff going so a tighter realism mod package for PVP wouldnt hurt i think. The more the merrier. :)

Welcome to ArmA2! :cool:

I've never played BF2 but heard about the Project Reality Mod. Afraid to see it now in ArmA2.

BTW: Very nice video!

Excellent news! .. had hundreds of hours of fun playing PR on the bf2 engine. However i always thought the arma engine would be better suited to realism than the bf2 engine.

Im amazed what the PR team have managed to do with such a mod unfriendly engine that Bf2 uses, i dont see this as the next chapter in PR but more like a different book altogether.

Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with, should be brutal gameplay ;)

Great news, I love PR!! :)

I loved WGL, ACE and can't imagine anymore Arma2 without ACE2 loaded but Let's hope you'll success on bringing to Arma2 what makes PR so enjoyable on Bf2, teamplay, pvp and excellent maps. ;)

Any chance to see, as on PR, different factions done by the "community" ? :o

Edited by dunedain

wow...

Soon there will be hugearse international conflict MP gamemode with US, UK, Taliban resistance, FDF, SFP, Norwegian Forces... Slovenia, Italy.. Fine I'll stop :D

But anyways, great to see this being created, and even more glad to see "first release of v0.1 of the Project Reality ArmA2 Mini-Mod will be coming very soon"

I really hope this becomes available trough SiX updater, and MAYBE just MAYBE added as ACE compatable version as ACEX_PR or something, but thats far in future, yet unknown ;)

Well, I know that ACE is rather for cooperative gaming, in close societies (clans etc.).

I am just afraid that stupid rivalry will occur, which mod is better and other shits like this.

Anyway, if Project Reality would bring only PvP content (that would not conflict with ACE gamers) we could have really nice connection. At last in my honesty opinion :P

Don't compare it with ACE2... PR is not only an Addon but a new Gamemode...

Dr_Eyeball tried to bring the "Project Reality" feeling to ArmA with "Devastation", but now the original is back... Hell, there they go...! :D

ACE is expanded in features not addons (units ,tanks,cars ...etc) . even if you think ace is enough , pr in ArmA2 wont hurt but it will sure make alot of people happy (like me :D)

Wow, great news! I really like the BF2 version and always hoped that it will be brought to ArmA2 also. Amazing trailer too!

However I am curious....

Well they said it will be a standalone mod so most likely the mod will have everything it needs to bring the gameplay they are famous for. Also the mod is mainly focused on PvP gameplay so I assume that at least for online(public servers) play its better not to mix too many mods or will start getting errors. Also seeing that experienced ArmA modders are part of the team I assume that the things you pointed out are well known and taken into account.

Who are you, the censorship? (bad joke)

Let them do it the way they like. It doesn't have to be the same as everything else to be great. I really hope that PR will be as different as possible than any other similar mods so the community wont start to take sides.

Seeing their work for BF2 its a good indicator that they can handle the task.

<sarcasm>Hope they will be able to add in the bunnyhopping system</sarcasm>... with stamina! ;)

Is Project Reality going to take over the gaming industry? Seriously, they could very well do it!

Im really looking forward to this mod, its hard to find good PvP games.

Although this is a PR mod, all the devs are from an ARMA heritage. And the absolute main focus is to get really decent teamwork/player v player MP

I have never played the PR myself but I have heard a lot of its accomplishments... and I feel it is great to have the PR team on board, I can't wait for this to be released!