Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality Development

Did they?

Most of the core developers in the PR:ArmA2 team were already modding on the engine, as has been mentioned multiple times in this thread.

Yea i know but back when Arma 2 first came out many asked PR if they would port PR to arma 2 and they themselfes said no.

They said they would look into using a brand new engine and creating PR 2 as a standalone game.

I read it and begged them to port PR over to arma 2 as the engine was "perfect" for their vision but many over at there forums complained and bitched on how Arma 2 engine is shit.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Really looking forward to this mod, people should stop trolling this thread if they nothing to add.

PR will develop the mod there way, CBA or not, it's there choice.

The way some parts of the community have acted in this thread is very bad to say the least.

Honestly if you have nothing to add simply don't type the shite in the first place, I come here for information not half arsed ideas.

Let PR produce the mod as they see fit on release we can give feedback.

I have not read fully this thread but in a nutshell, why are people moaning? aint PR+Arma 2= a great thing?

Well this thread didn't turn out how I expected.

I played PR for a bit about 2-3 years ago and was really impressed by the mod and community as a whole.

Bes of luck with the mod. :thumb:

I have not read fully this thread but in a nutshell, why are people moaning? aint PR+Arma 2= a great thing?

It is, just folks can't wrap their head around why anyone would want to be self maintained and stand alone. In my opinion it shouldn't matter because if you don't like what they create you can ignore it, just as folks ignore unmaintained mods that do use all the standards that are out there.

It will be interesting to see how a new style of tvt/pvp is accepted by the community. Also interesting to see how well the servers that run this mod will do.

I would like to welcome you on board.

I think it is great news for the ArmA 2 community that a team capable of producing a content with very high quality has joined it, as the quality is what matters most in the end and Project Reality is renown for great quality.

As for the fear your mod may be a little bit different, I think a little more versatility will do the community good anyway. The world is big and there is lot of place for many different kinds of games or mods.

Regarding the people telling you vocally what you should and should not do, well, you can do the same that has proven extremely healthy to us during development:

Dogs bark but the caravan goes on.

... but being experienced as you are, I guess you probably already know this.

One more time: Welcome on board.

Great post, and I love that quote. (emphasis added)

@PR Team

There are a ton of haters, children, military wannabes, and people with huge egos on these forums. I've been watching these forums for many years and just recently started to post. It took me a long time to decide to even participate because every thread has the potential to getting to the level that this one has. Please do not let the behavior of a few discourage you. Trust me, there are plenty of grown ups out there who really appreciate the hard work that teams like you and ACE do. Good luck.

Yea i know but back when Arma 2 first came out many asked PR if they would port PR to arma 2 and they themselfes said no.

I read it and begged them to port PR over to arma 2 as the engine was "perfect" for their vision but many over at there forums complained and bitched on how Arma 2 engine is shit.

If that's correct then the Dev's stance and the community's reception have changed a lot.

They said they would look into using a brand new engine and creating PR 2 as a standalone game.

They're still doing that as well BTW.

I would like to welcome you on board.

I think it is great news for the ArmA 2 community that a team capable of producing a content with very high quality has joined it, as the quality is what matters most in the end and Project Reality is renown for great quality.

As for the fear your mod may be a little bit different, I think a little more versatility will do the community good anyway. The world is big and there is lot of place for many different kinds of games or mods.

Regarding the people telling you vocally what you should and should not do, well, you can do the same that has proven extremely healthy to us during development:

Dogs bark but the caravan goes on.

... but being experienced as you are, I guess you probably already know this.

One more time: Welcome on board.

Thank you very much Suma - That means a lot to us, and yes we are used to all of this ....lol. I am sure we will have the same when our retail game goes to market too.