Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality Development

As a side note on ACE2, i tested with both running earlier and there were no noticeable problems, might just be me not seeing them but it seemed ok :)

Ditto, no probelms found either

Reading great stuff here.. as a serving member of HM forces all I can say is at last, there will be British forces depicted in this game.. you have my thanks!

Dave S.

Reading great stuff here.. as a serving member of HM forces all I can say is at last, there will be British forces depicted in this game.. you have my thanks!

Dave S.

Cheers, as a serving Warrant Officer in the British Army, I will ensure we are portrayed in a good light - just like we have in PR BF2.

;)

To PR DEVs: You probably have already considered all of this but if not, PLEASE familiarize yourselves with preventing cheaters/griefers/"hackers" in ArmA. For the most part they have gotten bored with the game and moved on, but I would anticipate some of coming back with the release of your mod. I am in no way trying discourage or doubt your mod team's abilities, but you might want to make sure there is documentation for new Admins about setting up things like signed addon checks and battleye (which doesn't really do anything). There isn't really much you guys can do yourselves to prevent these people, other than informing admins to set their servers up correctly. Anyway the mod looks great, I hope there is a big turnout upon release and that everyone behaves.

To PR DEVs: You probably have already considered all of this but if not, PLEASE familiarize yourselves with preventing cheaters/griefers/"hackers" in ArmA. For the most part they have gotten bored with the game and moved on, but I would anticipate some of coming back with the release of your mod. I am in no way trying discourage or doubt your mod team's abilities, but you might want to make sure there is documentation for new Admins about setting up things like signed addon checks and battleye (which doesn't really do anything). There isn't really much you guys can do yourselves to prevent these people, other than informing admins to set their servers up correctly. Anyway the mod looks great, I hope there is a big turnout upon release and that everyone behaves.

We have a very good system in place already for PR-BF2 - Server Admins, sign a PR agreement initially, and we have a discussion with them prior, and a few other bits.

signed add on checks are already in place, and our EULA covers a lot of things.

Battleye - yeah I know what you mean.

We are also looking at another system, to help us in this area - but it needs evaluating yet.

I am just afraid that stupid rivalry will occur, which mod is better and other shits like this.

I don't think that there will be any rivalry as ACE doesn't focus on one game mode only but is open to any game modes that exist (be it MP Coop, CTI, PvP or SP).

Nevertheless, as I never played BF nor Project Reality I'm curious what this is all about and I hope to finally see some diversity :)

Xeno

Hmm... I always remembered PR as the ultimate realism mod. Even with ACE1 & 2. (Then again my BF2 crapped out a while back so I couldn't really compare the 2 in real time, i just went by my memories of long ass patrols with my friends & clanmates, & moving slowly through alleyways in search of IEDs, Getting stoned by civilians & not being able to shoot back*I will never forget the time 4 civs jumped me and stoned me to death*) I'm very glad to see it being brought over to ArmA2.

Hat's off to the PR Team & Welcome To ArmA2.

good, welcome onboard PR :)

I had never played PR before, but i'm looking foward to test it out =)

Best regards

I'm old player on PR (v0.4 - v0.9), insurgency game mode are include on first ArmA II release or just AAS game mode include ?

@Xeno:

For me AAS and Insurgency game mod are better than all game mod actually on ArmA II, this is the best for teamwork.

Thors Brigade Forever. ;)

Edited by RAIZEN

Thors Brigade... Wow that's a name I haven't heard in forever. I must Disagree with you though.

[1CD] Forever.

"If You Ain't Cav, You Ain't Shit" :D

I don't think that there will be any rivalry as ACE doesn't focus on one game mode only but is open to any game modes that exist (be it MP Coop, CTI, PvP or SP).

Nevertheless, as I never played BF nor Project Reality I'm curious what this is all about and I hope to finally see some diversity :)

Xeno

You speak out of my soul...

Really looking forward to it, although i'm pretty satisfied what ACE2 already brought feature-wise/fixing Arma2 oddities wise/Sound+Units wise and will bring in future, dunno how i could manage my time playing both extensively..:D (if i'll like PR)

They just combined the two best things in life, PR and ARMA 2, its better than combining beer and sex

They just combined the two best things in life, PR and ARMA 2, its better than combining beer and sex

you seriously need to get out more.

Sure ArmA2: PR is good, but beer and sex??? no way... no way man!

you seriously need to get out more.

Sure ArmA2: PR is good, but beer and sex??? no way... no way man!

agreed man, i mean its cool and all but............not better lolz

I for one am super excited. I am a big PR fan a player of the bf2 mod for multiple years, and lover off it. I can only see GREAT things to come from this mod, soon we will maybe see a big mod like the bf2 PR ( it grew from a "mini-mod" too you know :P ! ) Good to see the first thing you guys bring in is the British forces this is awesome. I'd love to see you still port some of your US stuff ( Huey!! ). I cannot wait too see the maps that are made and what amazing game mode you come up with :)

Wow. This looks great!

Cant wait.

Awesome stuff, I've been a PR player for awhile now and can't wait to see how this works, very happy to see that the PR assets for BF2 look even sexier in Arma2.

Will there be a chance for music to be included as well such as Heavy Resistence and the adrenaline pumping Battle Formation X, hell all of it is great.

Coming from the background of comeone that has played PR for years and OfP, ArmA and ArmA2 this should be a good thing.

I know from our squad that we are all looking forward to this release along with our clan side which has a large PR player base that also dabble in ArmA2.

Also with Devastation from Dr.Eyeball this should be good gameplay as a squad we played this heavily in the early days of it's release and will be looking forward to play on the new version.

Add to that if it is fully compatible with ACE2 then it should be an absolutely brilliant mod.

This seems to shape up rather well.

By the way, just out of curiousity, what tool did you use to carry out that video?

Regards,

TB

Very much looking forward to the Warrior, Scimitar and Merlin.

I noticed you're marketing this as a gameplay mod rather than just a set of addons - I hope the config values will remain compatible with other addons.