Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Thanks for the update ACE team, one of the best in awhile. 5t trucks and 2 of my tickets fixed in 1 update? Outstanding :D

Will the parameter ace_wounds_prevtime respond well to dynamic change? I.e. long time when few players are around, and short time when there are many players around? I'm starting to considering ace_wounds again, as I think I have found some means not to make it an orgy of morphine.

Question about 5t trucks and ACE: The new trucks (and the newest rucks, and the UH60L) are not defined in A2T, and from the A2T thread it seems a bit stagnant atm in terms of development. Does ACE plan to incorporate their own version of A2T with these issues fixed? Otherwise I'm a bit reluctant to using these new items as of yet anyway.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

How do I get the mod to work with the beta ArmA II patches? It's been a few months since I've had an operational gaming computer.

hey guys im having a problem with a custom mission that i made and that my clan uses for training everytime i try to edit or play it it says that the mission cant be accessed because of a file that it needs but has been deleted "acex_veh_m2" is the file, how do i remove it so the mission can be used? we cant even access it online on the server either, its a pain in the ass, any help would be awesome

im really not liking these new sounds they just introduced in today's update. Hope they revert back to the old sound mod, those were definitly the best sounds ive heard for ArmA.

According to the update, just additional turret sounds on tanks and apc's.

What's changed about em?
According to the update, just additional turret sounds on tanks and apc's.
Fri Apr 30 17:19:46 +0200 2010

Build 31 Updated to source:@c028cc0087dd8b96624a0fc0b5c2334dc92a71f2

-Changed

New weapon sounds [tpM]

-Added

WGL turret servo sounds for tanks and APCs [zGuba]

I have to agree with Black0ps on this one, I liked the old weapon sounds much better...

The new sounds are alright (at least better than the stock sounds anyways), but they just don't seem to be as good as the old sounds. :(

The An72 is near ready to release, but to make it somewhat compatible I will concent to add some ACE config entries.

I assume below is NOT suitable for a transport plane that can Paradrop troops.

Please recommend 1 or more options for the config of the An72

ACE_SYS_EJECT_EJECT = 1;

ACE_SYS_EJECT_JUMP = 0;

ace_ejection_seat = "ACE_ACESII";

I have to agree with Black0ps on this one, I liked the old weapon sounds much better...

The new sounds are alright (at least better than the stock sounds anyways), but they just don't seem to be as good as the old sounds. :(

Woops, overlooked that.

Is the G-force effect in planes still being worked on? It is more erratic than it used to be, kicking in when I dive gently at 400 kph but not when I do an imelmann or a loop at 500.

@Gnat:

ACE_SYS_EJECT_EJECT = 0;

ACE_SYS_EJECT_JUMP = 1;

Should give you the ability to jump out that you're looking for, I think.

Should give you the ability to jump out that you're looking for, I think.

Thanks VKing

in the Ace Demo 'mission' for me, the box that is suppost to be full of everything is empty.

How do i remedy this?

^^ It's temporarily not working for some reason, but some pages back they said it will come back. So place some more crates down for now or use the the INIT field function.

New weapon sounds are crap. They are not loud enough and first I thought that someone was using a suppressed rifle, but for my surprise it was just a regular AK-107. Old sounds were so much better. Not perfect, but a lot better!

Firecrackers, i think it sounds like firecrackers..

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

in the Ace Demo 'mission' for me, the box that is suppost to be full of everything is empty.

How do i remedy this?

Are you talking about magicbox? If you do, its fine here...

Strange...

Another thing: Backblast, that only affects PLAYERS right..Couse AI´s dont seem to

mind me fireing AT4 after AT4 just in front of them....

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

;1619343']

Another thing: Backblast' date=' that only affects PLAYERS right..Couse AI´s dont seem to

mind me fireing AT4 after AT4 just in front of them....[/quote']

Nope, backblasts can kill anyone. Perhaps you were using AT4/CS, which is designed to be used in confined space, minimising backblast danger.

Backblast kill zone is not that wide, so to be able to kill someone with it, they have to be standing quite close to you and straight behind the tube. Otherwise they'll just be seriously injured. In any case, don't go behind an AT soldier just about to fire :)

Edited by pAuthority

I updated today with SixUpdater Portal and get now a message box

Addon acex_c_veh_5ton requires addon acex_m_veh_5ton

when I start Arma2 with ACE with

"...\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -showScriptErrors -noSplash -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;beta;@CSM2

Can someone please help me what to do now

Thanks in advance

I could solve it by myself deleted ACEX folder and did another SIX update

Edited by Parmenides
SOLVED

Misstake..

Sorry

New issue:

Bradleys are missing.

The Benny Warfare mission 058 and 059 is not playable without them..

Is there something you did maybe removed the bradleys or something..

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

;1619379']

Bradleys are missing.

They are still there.

Xeno

I just had the problem with the Bradley/Linebacker missing.

Solution: Run six update suite, reset autoskip status then update again!