Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Whenever i start it up it comes up with an error:

"Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found."

I have downloaded ACE,ACEX,CBA and installed each @folder into the Arma2 main.This is my shortcut target

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

Anyone?This is day 3 and since I downloaded Steam version I do not wanna erase it and redownload since that takes 5 hours.

1. The HuntIR doesn't seem to work for me, I launch the round from the M203, and have the monitor in my inventory, but I cannot seem to use it at all, no action menu comes up or anything.

You press Right App Key (I believe, either that or Right Win Key) and it should say "Activate HuntIR Monitor". Then it will pop up and show the camera.

Make sure you are firing the rounds high enough, too. That was the main problem I had when first trying to use it.

Thank so much guys it works !

And for chemlights, any idea ?

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

Check under chemlight of the features section. Everything is explained here.

Enjoy the mod.

EDIT:

Hmmmm, nevermind. It's not explained. My apologies for that.

What exactly is your problems with the chem light? Dumb question but you have them equipped right?

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

You press Right App Key (I believe, either that or Right Win Key) and it should say "Activate HuntIR Monitor". Then it will pop up and show the camera.

Make sure you are firing the rounds high enough, too. That was the main problem I had when first trying to use it.

I used to have "misfires" often. Not sure if some can be duds but occassionally I'd fire one up and nothing would appear. Right app key should start it right up as you said.

I have a problem with ACE now that doesn't allow me to use mask or use any key bindings, I don't know how to fix it this is the error message

"Script x\cba\addons\COMPONENT_F\fleximenu\function_keydown.sqf not found"

Any ideas?

Help me please. :< I've tried re-setting my keys to default but nothing.

Whenever i start it up it comes up with an error:

"Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found."

I have downloaded ACE,ACEX,CBA and installed each @folder into the Arma2 main.This is my shortcut target

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

Anyone?This is day 3 and since I downloaded Steam version I do not wanna erase it and redownload since that takes 5 hours.

This has been answered a million times. Check Sickboy's post a page back(maybe 2pgs) He gives a link that explains it. If not check the first post of the thread and check the FAQ links.

People normally won't waste their time answering questions when the poster can waste his own time searching the thread. Just some advice.

Good luck and enjoy.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Did you try to update again? Maybe the Dl got screwed. Never seen this error before.

Hi,

somewhere is explained the ACE Arti and virtual Arti Mudules ? Or maybe someone can give me a little advice please ?

THX in advance

Thunder666;1621312']Hi' date='

somewhere is explained the ACE Arti and virtual Arti Mudules ? Or maybe someone can give me a little advice please ?

THX in advance[/font']

It's a fixed up BIS ARTY module, means resource error fixed, uses XEH, special artillery dialog which doesn't exist in the BIS module, uses ACE namespace for functions, ammo, etc, MLRS and BM21 ammo gets replaced... and so on.

Just a quick port because I got sick of that task icon error popping up.

And no, no documentation yet.

Xeno

I just don´t get the sling ropes to work =\

Yeah, follow all the instructions in WAGN but nothing =(

Hi All,

....... What is my setup missing? Anybody run into an issue like this before?

Thanks,

Rothgar

Right off hand I'd say your versions do not match, and this is giving you the error. If you can, have Six Updater update your server AND your client machine, this way both are assured the same version. If you can't install Six Updater on the server for some reason, update the client and then copy ACE folders over to the server. gl.

Right off hand I'd say your versions do not match, and this is giving you the error. If you can, have Six Updater update your server AND your client machine, this way both are assured the same version. If you can't install Six Updater on the server for some reason, update the client and then copy ACE folders over to the server. gl.

ok.. found the problem.

Made sure all the keys were in the right place, all the .hpp files were in the right place, made sure all the mission files had been tolower-ed.

When running mods on a linux box there needs to be a backslash before the semicolon. example:

-mod=@cba\;@ace\;@acex\;@acex_sm

This solved it! Ace is up and running!

This question is pointed to Kelly's Heroes people, but I decided to ask it here if someone else knows..

For some reason I can't find latest ACE Kelly's Heroes YAS Repo, have they decided to stick in some previous version or what's the case?

I tried to look up some previous posts but didnt find anything...

To Manzilla :

Yes, I can take the chem lights in the box. They appear in my equipment in the pistol section. But when I press F to change weapon, Chem lights don't appear.

Thanks in advance

Delete all versions of CBA you can find on your system and re-install only the latest version from six updater.

ACE Server & YAS Repository updated to b.349

Apologies for the delay. S**t happens ;)

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

Tnx JMan!

Wrong. Addons that directly inherit from base class "plane" will have eject option inflight as usual unless ACE is installed.

So ACE breaks regular compatibility at this point. So saying the plane isn't ACE compatible is wrong, more correct would be: ACE isn't compatible to this (and many other) planes.

Wrong. http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10474

Edited by Sickboy

I have only the A-10 and the Su equiped with ejection seat whereas in the doc of ACE it's written that every planes are supposed to be equiped with ejection option. Does it seem correct or is it a problem ?

Edited by Taso