Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

had this happen as well

installed latest six updater and it updated fine

There's also the synchronization across the network issue with the ruck. If I die or just disconnect, all my ruck contents are gone for good. There's also the fact you cannot equip people with ruck contents during mission initialization (before init.sqf starts running) as sometimes the ruck system would still not be initialized at that point. I would post tickets but I'm sure you are well aware of those issues as you specifically made it that way, and trust you that if you did it like that then there is no better way. But it is still way too messy for my taste, mostly due to how easily ruck contents can disappear, but also due to the fact that I can drop my ruck in 1 place and pick another at the other side of the world and have all my items back, so you could just have only 1 guy in the squad carrying an empty ruck while everyone else have full rucks that don't count because they "dropped" them.

That is part of the beauty of the current system. With the ruck contents bound to your player there is no network interaction to deal with your own gear. The network only gets involved when interacting with another player's gear and that is tricky stuff no matter how it's managed.

Pre-loading packs can be done more easily via XEH and pre/post init handlers. I'd use a post-init handler myself to ensure ACE is already running.

Using a vehicle as a rolling depot is the way to go. Even a quad can carry a surprising amount of goodies for an AT team.

Preloaded rucks are not really possible - you can give a soldier a ruck and then load stuff into that ruck, nothing more.

Then comes the question of what the load-outs should be. I can promise that my little clan of specops players would pick a vastly different set of items compared to most folks on a Domination mission. So IMAO, ACE should not be in the business of deciding that kind of detail. Either the mission maker or player should be doing that.

What I would like instead is a new config file. It would contain just a couple of things.

1. My player name and face type, moved away from the often-changing clientside config.

2. Weapons and mags that are my stock load-out.

3. Optional list of gear currently in the ruck.

If you want to be slightly more sophisticated, make items 2+3 repeatable to support multiple configs. Then you can have your medic package, assault package, etc. Add a action to "Select loadout #1" and there you are.

Not really what i meant.

1: I pick up a rucksack.

2: I put stuff in it like nades, smoke, ammo and other assault gear.

3: I put the "Assault Ruck" in car.

4: I pick up a new ruck and pack medic stuff in it.

5: I put the "Medic Ruck" in car.

I wasnt talking about PRE MADE rucks..

I just would like to be able to pack my rucks and have like 20 of them with

different gear in them..But since that ISNT possible i have to use a Hummer

or truck as a crate and pick stuff from there and put in ONE ruck..

PS: I can allready specify what gear my AI squad members will have in their

rucks..Thats what i do in missions. Like BE.WF i RARLY play with tanks or

choppers. Im almost ALLWAYS in a Hummer commanding 2 8man fireteams.

One Heavy Rifle Team and One AT Team..And as it is with gear ill keep packing

the Transport trucks full of Javelins, SMAV´s and AT4´s and all kinds of goodies..

EDIT: Why is MagicBox empty??? Thers nothing in it...

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

;1616125']Not really what i meant.

1: I pick up a rucksack.

2: I put stuff in it like nades' date=' smoke, ammo and other assault gear.

3: I put the "[i']Assault Ruck[/i]" in car.

4: I pick up a new ruck and pack medic stuff in it.

5: I put the "Medic Ruck" in car.

I wasnt talking about PRE MADE rucks....

Gotcha.

Cool idea, but as you stated - not currently possible.

There once was the idea of "ruck crates" - turning a dropped ruck into a ruck-shaped ammo crate. But the concept had issues and even that would not work for you since you wanted to load it into a vehicle. The best you could hope for right now is some mission-level scripting to snapshot your current ruck as you load it into the truck/car/etc and stash the info on the side for restoration when someone else grabbed it.

hey just a thought. but as for the Sec Op mission your able to receive supply drops you know? how can i change what type of supply they can drop like instead of 2 ammo crates. is it possible to change one to a medical supply box instead?

Edited by A_Blunt_Rifle

I don't see the fastrope or the slingload modules ever since the last couple of updates. I do see the pbos in the @ACE addons directory.

I also don't seem to have some of the cool ACE objects that others have ( stretchers, earplugs...etc...)

I have deleted and reinstalled ACE several times trying to fix this, the closest I got was with the ACE 1.0 stable version, which I do see the airlift module ( no fastrope ), but as soon as I update it's no longer available.

Thanks in advance,

I don't see the fastrope or the slingload modules ever since the last couple of updates. I do see the pbos in the @ACE addons directory.

They don´t exist anymore. Just the module to disable them.

To make them work properly you need ropes from ACE's Rope Box. Further info can be found in ACE WAGN: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

I also don't seem to have some of the cool ACE objects that others have ( stretchers, earplugs...etc...)

Most of these need to be placed via addweapon...

An easy way to use them is to place a Magic Box in the editor, it should load all weapons\equips that you have (may take a while). Also, further info about MagicBox and Classlist at WAGN.

Smurfbr,

I have followed the documentation and have the ropes, but I don't get the option to attach the ropes for slingload ( neither on the vehicle to be lifted nor the chopper ) nofastrope action either. :/

Smurfbr,

I have followed the documentation and have the ropes, but I don't get the option to attach the ropes for slingload ( neither on the vehicle to be lifted nor the chopper ) nofastrope action either. :/

Well then, my friend, you are still doing something wrong. I can assure you both work and have for sometime. Let's figure out what's going on though so you can enjoy these excellent additions.

We need some more info about what you are doing so we can help; set-up, any other 3rd party content you may be using, etc.

Are you hitting the interaction key when you have a rope in your gear menu? Which heli are you trying with it? ACE2/BIS or other 3rd party heli? Do you get an action menu option? Are you outside of the chopper or inside or tried both?

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

I have deleted and reinstalled ACE several times trying to fix this, the closest I got was with the ACE 1.0 stable version, which I do see the airlift module ( no fastrope ), but as soon as I update it's no longer available.

Thanks in advance,

Do exactly as smurfbr said and you can find them. That Magic Box does wonders for testing. There's no need to keep unistalling/reinstalling just take a deep breath and check the changelogs. If something seems different it will be mentioned there then sometimes a link to some resource explaining the change.

I was wondering what the hell was going on with the slingrope and fastrope but then I noticed the changes were both highlighted in the changelog/release announcements.

Enjoy.

Edited by Manzilla

Sooo...No more magicbox..

EFIT:

Ok heres a downside more..

Using alpha-networks as a host. And trying to update, but i keep getting .339.

They say its something with repository..

They use six-updater.

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

Some are still having issues with the interaction keys, in that it doesn't support shift key etc. Yet in the keys config file, these additional keys are listed simply as 0. A comment on these saying they are not supported with this particular function would be nice. Now that I know about it, no problem, but for those who don't it will be a frustrating experience figuring out why one is working but now the other.

It would also be appreciated to know that we have to reinstall six-updater, instead of spending valuable time trying to figure out why something doesn't work. Only took me about an hour this time...

Are you hitting the interaction key when you have a rope in your gear menu?
Some are still having issues with the interaction keys, in that it doesn't support shift key etc.

yup... those were my two issues... the interaction key and six-updater. I re-assigned the interaction keys. Slingload and fastrope are now working!

I also had to manually untar the addon files again from the .pack/addons directory because six-updater did not untar them all.

despite the issues , I am enjoying the mod. Thanks Manzilla , Smurfbr and the ACE team.

A bug was solved in the six-rsync library, hopefully resolving the issues some of you might have been experiencing. Running Six Updater GUI should auto-update the library. If not, a new setup will be built in next days.

I ran it until it worked. Try, try again, it's worth it.

Hehe, yeah thats what I had to do :) It finally updated, but I was getting updates the server didn't and vice versa. And I had to resync several times and perform update on the missing parts several times for both me and the server.

Glad to hear it hopefully has been fixed.

:D issue was when an error occurred during trying {mirror hostname}..., like connection limit reached on mirror, it would just exit; "I am done!".. "No, you're not!" :D

yup... those were my two issues... the interaction key and six-updater. I re-assigned the interaction keys. Slingload and fastrope are now working!

I also had to manually untar the addon files again from the .pack/addons directory because six-updater did not untar them all.

despite the issues , I am enjoying the mod. Thanks Manzilla , Smurfbr and the ACE team.

Glad to read you got it working. Enjoy this wicked Mod!

Take care.

A bug was solved in the six-rsync library, hopefully resolving the issues some of you might have been experiencing. Running Six Updater GUI should auto-update the library. If not, a new setup will be built in next days.

Hopefully, as im unable to update my belove ACE-Mod.... :p

It always say that i have no server selected, however i have, and even worse, actually i do prefer to let the six-updater decide it and tries autonomously random servers, like it was always before....

Not working for me, tried running the GUI several times and then when I click Execute to update, it fails part way through... :(

edit-

finally worked

Edited by AnimalMother92

Trying to update my ACE so i can play on my own server :(

GUI tell me all is ok, .344, but checking version txt tells me im still on .342.

Tried reinstalling six-updater but it still tells me my game is up to date...

Any ideas?

Trying to update my ACE so i can play on my own server :(

GUI tell me all is ok, .344, but checking version txt tells me im still on .342.

Tried reinstalling six-updater but it still tells me my game is up to date...

Any ideas?

Please close all updater and arma apps, double check your Virtual Store (reference: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/6806) and remove anything arma or six-updater related from it.

Start the Six Updater GUI, it should auto update to latest version (if not, grab the latest setup from the site instead; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite).

Try normal update procedures, if it fails, please disable autoskip, reset skipstatus and execute. (reference: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+Usage#Reset%20'skip'%20status)

The latest version also contains fixes for database migrations not working.