Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

ATM you can't really in an automatic fashion. The player name has to be altered in the clientside userconfig file to match the current profile or you lose access to goggles, masks, etc. The best you could hope for would be a very smart ArmA2 launcher that could change that file and then start the game with the chosen profile, but not aware of any right now that can.

I'm sure there is a technical reason for requireing the player name, but is there no way to get round that limitation?

I've been wondering about this from the start as it was the first addon i ever saw where it was needed to provide this info to get features working. I guess it's probably because glasses etc are bound to the userprofile?

Replacing the "John Doe" within the default config would be a piece of cake, but somehow i consider it too hacky/iffy/specific mod centric to implement.

I had to hit a guy four times to kill him because the huge Metis launch tube on his back was getting in the way. There was a metallic impact effect and everything. Did ACE add this or has anyone experienced it with vanilla.

I had to hit a guy four times to kill him because the huge Metis launch tube on his back was getting in the way. There was a metallic impact effect and everything. Did ACE add this or has anyone experienced it with vanilla.

You can hit weapons in vanilla too :-) Great feature no? The only thing that's not so great is that in real life you'd at least have some response and probably some wounding as well when hitting a guy on the rifle. This doesn't seem to be modelled in A2.

Had a guy get shot in the back and it hit his NVG scope that was stored in his back pouch (it was during the day). His body armor wasn't even scratched, but of course he felt the hit and the sight got completely destroyed. The problem in Arma 2 is that any weapon is bullet proof completely - Hitting a weapon not only deals 0 damage to the soldier in all situations but it also doesn't do any damage to the weapon itself.

A.C.E. 1.1 RC Released! (rSync mirror network in sync and awaiting your requests!)

• Release Notes
  • Please see the first post for additional information.

Enjoy! cool.gif

A.C.E. 1.1 RC Released! (rSync mirror network in sync and awaiting your requests!)

• Release Notes
  • Please see the first post for additional information.

Enjoy! cool.gif

No intel on the MagicBox..:eek:

:p

ACE Server & YAS Repository updated to b.346

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

I'm sure there is a technical reason for requireing the player name, but is there no way to get round that limitation?

I've been wondering about this from the start as it was the first addon i ever saw where it was needed to provide this info to get features working. I guess it's probably because glasses etc are bound to the userprofile?

Replacing the "John Doe" within the default config would be a piece of cake, but somehow i consider it too hacky/iffy/specific mod centric to implement.

The technical reason used to be that ACE needed to know what face you were using in order to restore that after you removed or switched masks or goggles.

I'm no longer able to check to verify that though. ACE now blocking me from viewing the "public" version of their source repository.

Sickboy - I let ACE keep the code and documentation I wrote for you, including the ruck system, so that the users did not suffer from my leaving the team over your unwillingness to properly support your product. ACE continues to provide inadequate support for the users and now you are going after the one person still willing to help where you will not.

Users of ACE - I loved the concept of ACE, helped nuture it through rough times, and still try to help you all because you are the ones that matter - not the devs. I do not want to harm the product, just wish that those in charge would treat you all far better than they have. If you want me to leave ( vs certain ACE devs, who want me dead ), just say so - I'll listen to what you have to say.

Hell bloody no I want you to stay.

ACE 2 is the best and any one who has contributed to it is king so please support the peeps who love the mod.

I dont know the full story of you leaving the team its not our business tbh lets ust get along please cus if ace 2,3,4,5 etc die then it will be a very very sad day for arma mark my words :(.

Thanks stk2008. I'm not about to air dirty laundry here - not my style.

Just want to help you folks, the users.

Well good thing is "MagicBox" is working again...

PS: Whats the bickering about devs and support and stuff.

Pissing turf is what most kids do, and even countries i have

heard..

Sickboy - I let ACE keep the code and documentation I wrote for you, including the ruck system, so that the users did not suffer from my leaving the team over your unwillingness to properly support your product. ACE continues to provide inadequate support for the users and now you are going after the one person still willing to help where you will not.

I don't want to mingle in any fights you guys have, but one can hardly accuse someone like Sickboy or the entire Ace team of not supporting the users?

It just seems a very unfair remark?

Ah i yearn for a life without all the politics...

Congrats on the release! Much appreciated, as usual. What else can you say for such a great system?

People forming working relations is always an interesting thing. If your eyes are fixed on the agreed upon goal, the decisions are clearer: Either it's closer to the goal and correct, farther away and incorrect, or a change for much of the same (e.g. waste of time). The only thing that greatly affects this is the amount of infrastructure alterations required to bring about the solution.. Most other things that get in the way render down to pride and ego.

Hope the waters calm down for you all. This SHOULD be an enjoyable thing for you to do.

As always, my respect,

Scrub

Evil_Echo

I suggest you sort your difficulties, whatever they may be, directly with the persons in question and by PM or email. There is no need to do your dirty laundry in this thread as the users are interested only in the product and not what is going on behind the scenes.

I propose ace_sys_thematrix, so that if you die in ACE, you die IRL. :286:

The same goes for the ACE staff and anyone else. Please refrain from spamming, flaming or threatening each other.

Edited by W0lle

Evil_Echo

I suggest you sort your difficulties, whatever they may be, directly with the persons in question and by PM or email. There is no need to do your dirty laundry in this thread as the users are interested only in the product and not what is going on behind the scenes.

Since a moderator is concerned, that is fair enough.

ACE Users - I thank you all, but it's time to leave. Tried to do you all good when I wrote the wiki and coded up systems like rucks, nukes, etc. for you. Wish it could have been better.

Bye....

Edited by Evil_Echo

Since a moderator is concerned, that is fair enough.

ACE Users - I thank you all, but it's time to leave. Tried to do you all good when I wrote the wiki and coded up systems like rucks, nukes, etc. for you. Wish it could have been better.

Bye....

A shame you are leaving. Thanks for all you've done on the forums and your contributions to ACE2. Take care.

EDIT:

- Added spectating (spectator) to poor mans revive

Well that's awesome but what the hell is "poor mans revive" and how do I use it? I can't find anything referring to this under the Wounding System section of the WAGN. Is there some examples of how to set this up? I'd love to check it out. I didn't think ACE2 was gonna have any revive options.

Edited by Manzilla

Well that's awesome but what the hell is "poor mans revive" and how do I use it? I can't find anything referring to this under the Wounding System section of the WAGN. Is there some examples of how to set this up? I'd love to check it out. I didn't think ACE2 was gonna have any revive options.

Its in the documentation, read the notes of the wounding system :rolleyes:.

Edit: but no info about the new spectator feature thats true

Edited by columdrum

Its in the documentation, read the notes of the wounding system :rolleyes:.

You should read the damn notes. Where does it mention anything regarding "poor man's revive" or the spectator script for the "poor man's revive"?

This does not tell me jack s*&t about revive:

Modules

"(Æ) Enable Wounding System" Enables ACE wound system. Classname "ACE_Wounds_Logic"

Global Variables

The following global variables can be set on a mission-wide basis. ace_sys_wounds_noai Switch to control whether AI units are subject to ACE wound effects. Boolean value. true - AI is can pass out, require treatment, etc. This may influence how other AI units react to a wounded comrade. Default. false - AI is not subject to same wound effects as human players. ace_wounds_prevtime Number of seconds before a badly wounded ( i.e. unconcious ) player dies. Positive integer. Example

ace_wounds_prevtime = 600;

ace_wounds_rcode1 String that will be compiled and called after a player dies. Useful for disposing of bodies, respawn, etc. Example

ace_wounds_rcode1 = "handle = [] execVM 'somescript.sqf'";

Per-unit Variables

These variables are assignable to specific units via setVariable. ace_w_allow_dam ACE-aware equivalent of allowDamage. Controls whether a unit can take damage or not. Boolean. true - unit can be damaged. Default. false - unit cannot be damaged by normal means.

If you are gonna post something try actually knowing what you are talking about. If that stuff above is supposed to be helpful I can say I have no clue what it means. Not everyone understands this stuff, hence I asked for what an example would look like.

I know how to use the Wound System module, clearly I've used it in publicly released missions. What I don't know is what needs to be done, if anything, to get the revive part working. Sometime back Xeno said he wouldn't add revive at the time, I didn't realize he had changed his mind.

Now see Mr. Helpful, if it was explained in the WAGN to a degree where a novice could understand it, I would've just read the thing and not asked a question. But since I checked the WAGN before I posted the question and I searched for "revive" there as well I decided to ask because either it's there and I don't know what I'm looking at or the revive part just isn't explained.

Now show me, please, where it's explained so I can try it.

Edited by Manzilla

Can anyone spare a little time to help, as before my friend has having the usual problem of having Ace installed (computers hate him).

This time every time he joins a server he gets missing files and then is booted. He's updated his updater to the latest version, hes deleted all the contents of the @ace folders and re downloaded it all, it even shows green for his current version. At first he was having trouble getting his updater to download at all because it couldn't see his steam install path after he reinstall on a new hard drive, but after running the yoma? (alt updater program) he doesn't get that message anymore and it downloads, but he still has this missing files...

Some of the missing files error he says are like ": acex_c_veh_mah6", ": acex_men_usarmy". He deleted the contents of the acex and re downloaded the data but no dice.

Would really like to play this mod with him again, can anyone help?

I need to redownload the downloader but I can't seem to access ace.dev-heaven.net. Is the site down or is my browser being retarded?

I had this same problem at first. I just hit refresh a few times and it worked. Not sure if that will help you at all.

I also opened the GUI from it's folder and not a shortcut. Then replaced the shortcut. Basically it was just some random stuff that fixed it. It was odd for sure but it eventually did work and I've had no troubles since.

Good luck.

Edited by Manzilla

You should read the damn notes. Where does it mention anything regarding "poor man's revive" or the spectator script for the "poor man's revive"?

This does not tell me jack s*&t about revive:

If you are gonna post something try actually knowing what you are talking about. If that stuff above is supposed to be helpful I can say I have no clue what it means. Not everyone understands this stuff, hence I asked for what an example would look like.

I know how to use the Wound System module, clearly I've used it in publicly released missions. What I don't know is what needs to be done, if anything, to get the revive part working. Sometime back Xeno said he wouldn't add revive at the time, I didn't realize he had changed his mind.

Now see Mr. Helpful, if it was explained in the WAGN to a degree where a novice could understand it, I would've just read the thing and not asked a question. But since I checked the WAGN before I posted the question and I searched for "revive" there as well I decided to ask because either it's there and I don't know what I'm looking at or the revive part just isn't explained.

Now show me, please, where it's explained so I can try it.

Well it's not well explained but if you put for example in your init.sqf:

ace_wounds_prevtime = 600;

With Ace_wounds enabled, anything that normally would have killed you ,will let you unconscious instead, and with a counter of 600 seconds( just the number you entered). If the timer expires you will die, and depending on the mision repawn options( in the description) you will respawn in base, as a seagul, .... just like a normal death.

So, it's a simple revive, you can't configure a number of lives or things like that.

I'm sorry but i can't explain it better, my english sucks :P

And by the way, i don't know how it works the new spectator feature in the revive, because it seems to work exactly like before.

Edited by columdrum