Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Daza,

That was old info. Sling system now default and module now disables sling system. My post now reads:

For best results try in a multiplayer game.

Important note: In the latest change to the sling loading system, ropes are attached to the object you want to slingload, not the helicopter.

1. Equip yourself with a slingrope.

2. Go to a vehicle or object you want to sling.

3. Press the interaction menu key. Select "Attach slingrope" (This will tie the slingrope to the vehicle or object).

4. When a helicopter with cargo capabilities is available and hovering close enough over the 'cargo object', press interaction menu key again and select "Hook slingrope" (This will attach the slingrope to the cargo hook of the helicopter)

5. Object can now be transported. Pilot will have the ability to release the cargo at the destination

Copied from the ACE Wagn on 4/28/10

To keep current go to :

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

I have a problem when I start the six updater console.

It starts, shows an error and quickly flashes off.

But the six updater GUI starts okay and shows that it is fully updated.

Why is the console doing this?

Yes, there are disadvantages: they are heavier and take up more space than 30 round magazines. :rolleyes:

They don't take up more space, and there is still no reason to carry 6 30-round mags over 4 45-round mags. IRL it's obviously easier to hold and aim a lighter weapon with a lighter magazine, which is why lighter magazines even exist.

Tip; create a ticket next time so you will promptly know if it's a bug, design, or what-ever :D

Not a chance...

I saw the rants from you and others about "go away" and "STFU" before you had those tickets rewritten. Plus the PM's from other ACE members that expressed a desire to do physical harm IRL. So, any bugs I find ( and I find plenty ) will stay unreported.

Other forum members - feel free to report problems. Just note carefully how well you are treated.

They don't take up more space, and there is still no reason to carry 6 30-round mags over 4 45-round mags. IRL it's obviously easier to hold and aim a lighter weapon with a lighter magazine, which is why lighter magazines even exist.

Also there are separate magazines for tracers and regular rounds.

Do your laundry in house guys.......

Bottom line is the main reason people use 30-round mags and not more is that the weapon needs to be comfortable to hold and use, so if the realistic disadvantages are to be implemented, that is a place to start. I know the game already makes some weapon a bit "harder" to use than others, but currently it's not anywhere near enough and with different magazine sizes the difference is actually non-existent. Maybe this should be a feature request but to be honest I have no idea what is even possible to do in this respect.

I dont play ArmA2 much ,but when i update ACE the userconfig is not up2date and inside the downoaded ACE folder is none to update it with

Very annoying.

What am i doing wrong?

If using the six-updater, select the "process userconfig" option. Then if you need to, tweek the updated files it changes in the Arma 2\userconfig\ace folder.

Well I've grown tired of searching. I've updated my six updater to the latest version 12.6 I believe and I've checked my virtual store and nothiing about ARMA II or six updater or anything like that is present. When I run the updater this is what I get :

ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid in MainController#index

SQLite3::SQLException: no such table: goldberg_system_settings: SELECT * FROM "goldberg_system_settings" LIMIT 1

RAILS_ROOT: C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/six-updater-web-0.12.7/lib

then a lot of dialog about ruby gems.

Running as Admin on win 7 64. Any ideas?

Not a chance...

Plus the PM's from other ACE members that expressed a desire to do physical harm IRL.

I propose ace_sys_thematrix, so that if you die in ACE, you die IRL. :286:

Anyone else getting the error

"Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 127.0.0.1:16333"

when trying to run Six Updater? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version.

I propose ace_sys_thematrix, so that if you die in ACE, you die IRL. :286:

Nice upgrade from threatening to hit me, Scubaman3d. And could be inferred as a death threat - which is a felony.

My crime in the eyes of ACE was to suggest that they show the user base more respect, stop treating users as idiots, and to document their work in a more timely fashion. For siding with the users I get this....

I just press f5, that usually fixes that problem.

Yep, that worked first time, cheers! :D

Hi Guys question on getting a sever going with this mod. I have had a regular server running now that I rent for some time, it works just fine. I uploaded the ACE files and CBA then proceeded to change the command line. Now it doesn't show up for some reason. Do I have to edit the config at all to tell the server anything else???

-Server -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -download -logFile=Server.log -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@mma;@mma_xeh;

That is my command line, but for some reason I cant connect, either remotely or through the server browser. It doesn't even show up when this line is selected, but works fine when I revert to the original.

Any input would be appreciated.

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@mma;@mma_x eh;

I don't see the space? In the list above you mean?

This was copied directly from my client shortcut, which works fine.

Thanks for the reply.

dont quote me on this i think he means ya should be running another mod?.

Oh no I see what he means, the xeh has x eh. That space isn't actually in the command line I don't know how it got into the forums hahahaha. But nice eye.

Is there a way to detect if player are using ACE2 in SP mission? I would like to make my "non-addon"-mission to feature ACE2 content/altered gamebalance if player have this mod enabled.