Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

What are the most important effects mods to use while playing Arma2, apart from JTD's firemod.

Could there be a list of the most important effects mods to load up in a launcher that would be mandatory?

Hi ACE2 guru's,

If I look at another player their unit type is displayed i.e. "Squad Leader", do you know how to turn this off and is it handled server or user side?

Thanks

Cool Breeze

;1614382']Anybody having trouble with the Slinging Loads? Followed the instructions in here:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Sling_Loading

Can't get the Hook slingrope commad when the choppers over the cargo. The cargo I tried was a Stryker' date=' Hmmvee. Chopper was a BH[/quote']

I'm having issues with this as well, it was working fine before that update recently that said it changed something to do with it.

how to make PLA spawn as the enemy in specops module missions?

About the chopper targeting... it would be nice if there was a command for the gunner to engage targets at will. Even though you can tell gunner to "Engage at will" he will still need to be told to target at something and fire. Why doesn't gunner simply attack automatically if told to do so? Even a working "next known target" command would help a lot, instead of having to do that from the command menu.

Delete the clientregistry.blob in the Steam folder, restart steam and that should fix it

I had to reinstall Arma2, and last night attempted to reinstall Ace2. However, I get the message that I don't have a valid arma install when I run sixupdater.

I have used the search feature. There are 9 posts with 'Steam' in this thread.

One attempted to answer this question, which is quoted above.

This process did not fix it for me. Any ideas?

When operation arrowhead comes out will ace be remoddelled to fit in with that aswell?????

Also in the helicopter targeting as well as an engage all targets command as suggested by pAuthority maybe a zoom function on the apache (126x magnification as on the real thing) like there is in the mando missiles mod and also maybe you could make the Longbow FCR actually do something rather than be an ornament

I had to reinstall Arma2, and last night attempted to reinstall Ace2. However, I get the message that I don't have a valid arma install when I run sixupdater.

I have used the search feature. There are 9 posts with 'Steam' in this thread.

One attempted to answer this question, which is quoted above.

This process did not fix it for me. Any ideas?

Custom ArmA installation folder

Is there a link where i can find how to make earplugs and all that work. Or do they work stand alone without adding something. i have been searching for the past hour and cant find anything.

Does ACE add some script giving most rockets proximity fuses? I can't think of any other reason why RPGs should be exploding near, but not on helicopters' tails, and Hellfires and TOWs exploding 5m above the turrets of T-72s. And I think it is messing up Mando Missiles.

Edit: And this is the same gun that's on the AH-1z, isn't it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7mPk6CpgOI&feature=related

The 20mm cannon sort of stands out from the rest of ACE_SM with it's soft clunk-clunk-clunk sound.

Edited by maturin

Is there a link where i can find how to make earplugs and all that work. Or do they work stand alone without adding something. i have been searching for the past hour and cant find anything.

Explained at least 1000 times, but ok 1001 comes here. You have to change your userconfig/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp file.

Inside it you find:

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

//CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - Changeable glasses ingame

//--------------------

//FEATURES: Lets you choose different glasses

//---------

//TO ENABLE: Please ADD your Player Profile Name

//----------

//EXAMPLE:

//--------

//class Identity

//{

// name = "John Doe";

//};

//

//

//

//

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

class Identity {

name = "John Doe";

};

The bottom one that says "name="John Doe"; has to be changed into YOUR in-game nickname. Save it and now you can use it all. (the top one is there for safekeeping and explanation so dont change it).

EDIT: You have to make this change everytime you update ACE since its being reset with new userconfig.

Edited by Alex72

Explained at least 1000 times, but ok 1001 comes here. You have to change your userconfig/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp file.

Inside it you find:

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

//CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - Changeable glasses ingame

//--------------------

//FEATURES: Lets you choose different glasses

//---------

//TO ENABLE: Please ADD your Player Profile Name

//----------

//EXAMPLE:

//--------

//class Identity

//{

// name = "John Doe";

//};

//

//

//

//

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

class Identity {

name = "John Doe";

};

The bottom one that says "name="John Doe"; has to be changed into YOUR in-game nickname. Save it and now you can use it all. (the top one is there for safekeeping and explanation so dont change it).

EDIT: You have to make this change everytime you update ACE since its being reset with new userconfig.

Thank you.

No you don't, only if the config file has been updated which you'll notice when you get a ingame chat message telling you so :)

I had to do it everytime. Using YAS.

But with Rsync maybe different. So ok then - Now you know what to change and when. :)

I have tried searching but don't seem to get answers.

How / what do i need to do in order for fastroping to work?

When i used the ad helo? helicopters the mh60k efrs, I had the option to drop ropes while piloting.

I know ACE uses them and i tried them in the blackhawk and I don't get the option. I saw someone saw that you can't be the pilot, but if i'm not the pilot, then the pilot tries to land. and it's difficult to get him to auto hover. And besides, when the stars all lined up, I still have no one with the option to drop.

Help please. thanks.

I have tried searching but don't seem to get answers.

How / what do i need to do in order for fastroping to work?

When i used the ad helo? helicopters the mh60k efrs, I had the option to drop ropes while piloting.

I know ACE uses them and i tried them in the blackhawk and I don't get the option. I saw someone saw that you can't be the pilot, but if i'm not the pilot, then the pilot tries to land. and it's difficult to get him to auto hover. And besides, when the stars all lined up, I still have no one with the option to drop.

Help please. thanks.

You need to have the rope to use it.....you can find it inside some ammo box.

I had to do it everytime. Using YAS.

But with Rsync maybe different. So ok then - Now you know what to change and when. :)

Ahh yeah that might be different with YAS didn't think about that... i use the mens tool, SiX Updater :D

Awsome work ACE Team! The mod is amazing! Thank you for all your hard work and helping to make Arma2 even more enjoyable!

Edited by Goatgruff

Ahh yeah that might be different with YAS didn't think about that... i use the mens tool, SiX Updater :D

Yep great tool however after reinstall i tested YAS and i can say its equally good - to me as a user. :)

Bremijo asked about this mod in a separate thread which was closed by the moderators so in the off chance that he finds this thread and makes it through the hundred or so pages I would highly recommend that he, and all newcomers read this first post by The D. here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96591

It clears up a lot of questions and points you in the right direction concerning the ACE2 mod and the additional addons that work with it. It helped this noob quite a bit! :yay:

You need to have the rope to use it.....you can find it inside some ammo box.

So does that mean in order to use the fast rope a soldier needs to have the rope in his equipment inventory? Or the helicopter?

Does someone have the script that i can put in whoevers init?

thanks

Helicopters init or units init. Up to you. The box with ropes is in where all the ACE ammo is in the unit editor as well. Simply put it out and grab whatever rope you need. Preferably pilot using it in MP and you in SP.

Dont need a script. just use normal addweapon/addmagazine (wichever it is in this case) and add some ropes into the cargo of the helicopter. That way you can take what you need during flight.

Hello, I got this problem with SIX updater now.

http://img249.imageshack.us/i/sixupdaterbug.jpg/

url: http://127.0.0.1:16333/main

Mozilla Firefox and IE tried out with the same effect.

This happens with the Six Updater - GUI.

Firewall completely disabled, full administrator rights in windows.

I can use console for updating existing mods, but can't add any new mod that way. It would be enough, if you could tell me, how to add new mods into the console module.

Thanks for an answer.

Edited by Bouben