Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Saying to people F** off give bad reputation in forums too.

If you dont whant to blackout, wy didnt you just pick a veihicle and move?

Did i say anything about blacking out?

I asked what version my game should say in the bottom corner.

Looks like someone else was too ''lazy'' to research before posting.

Edited by 22ndAndy

Hey, a question, when I use "Six Updater - GUI" to install Ace 2 beta, it says on the site "Dont use atm" is that just because it's a beta or is it something wrong with it?

I just noticed something quite odd. Someone might check this and confirm it.

I was messing around on the Panthera map because I'm making a SEALs mission for it. Anyway, I noticed that the ACE silenced weapons would alert people who weren't in the same group.

I placed 4 men along a riverbank and about 20m between them. I was trying to see if you could use the silenced SPR to snipe someone and not alert a nearby enemy not looking at them.

Long story short I found that the AI would not recognize the ACE weapons as silenced. Even after a 1 shot clean kill on the rear most one they would shortly go on alert and shoot at me. I then found that I could use the standard ArmA 2 weapons and shoot all 4 of them with no alert what-so-ever.

Any thoughts on this? Because if it's a problem on my end I would like to fix it because the silenced SPR is something I want to use in the mission but it registers as being unsilenced.

And yes, I was using SD weapons and SD mags.

MK12 SPR uses normally Supersonic Bullets, so enemy can notice a bulletcrack, also the SPR is in RL not 100% Super-Silent, i think a few meters away you would be able to hear it clearly out of which direction the shot came.

Dunno if thats enough or if tis really a issue to look into? :D

Considering I only play ArmA2 for about an hour a day, I'd say I have very little time.

Your just another one of those people that give forums bad reputations.

And whats with the ''now go and fly away and pick your battles wisely''?

Honoustly I think you should jog on. Smartass.

EDIT: Removed ^

Confucius says "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"

How did I give the forum a bad reputation? I showed you where you could find your original answer, and gave you some good advice of taking a little time out of your so called busy day and read what is transpiring in this thread. I am not going to continue to argue with you, as you are the one who is giving forums a bad reputation by just coming into the middle of it and asking a question that you could have easily found for yourself.

Now go in peace and learn from your mistakes, as Confucius says "Study the past if you would define the future." or maybe this one "When anger rises, think of the consequences." :yay:

I just noticed something quite odd. Someone might check this and confirm it.

I was messing around on the Panthera map because I'm making a SEALs mission for it. Anyway, I noticed that the ACE silenced weapons would alert people who weren't in the same group.

I placed 4 men along a riverbank and about 20m between them. I was trying to see if you could use the silenced SPR to snipe someone and not alert a nearby enemy not looking at them.

Long story short I found that the AI would not recognize the ACE weapons as silenced. Even after a 1 shot clean kill on the rear most one they would shortly go on alert and shoot at me. I then found that I could use the standard ArmA 2 weapons and shoot all 4 of them with no alert what-so-ever.

Any thoughts on this? Because if it's a problem on my end I would like to fix it because the silenced SPR is something I want to use in the mission but it registers as being unsilenced.

And yes, I was using SD weapons and SD mags.

What was your distance from the AI then with the SPR? I tried the SPR with the special SPR SD mag at a bunch of guys about 200m away and then they dropped one by one looking around aimlessly as to where I might be. Quite realistic actually.

was doing normal update, got all the regular messages displayed except at the very end for each of the mods it said...

= @(modname)

playing log....

CLEANUP Action unimplimented atm, please pick a different action

After doing that for each mod it then gave the normal created shortcut message and ended.

Is there something that I need to change settings wise thru the client or dont worry about it??

hey excellent excellent excellent mod..im downloading now...will this mod allow things like Project Aus, Irish Defence force mod and the Bundeswehr mod?? these are all mods i want to keep but im not sure if they will work..wat would be issues with mods? Oh and ill probably sound like a bit of an idiot but will helicopter addons and weapons addons be problematic? To cut it short...guess im asking, wat sort of mods are the ones with compatability issues? thanks

hey excellent excellent excellent mod..im downloading now...will this mod allow things like Project Aus, Irish Defence force mod and the Bundeswehr mod?? these are all mods i want to keep but im not sure if they will work..wat would be issues with mods? Oh and ill probably sound like a bit of an idiot but will helicopter addons and weapons addons be problematic? To cut it short...guess im asking, wat sort of mods are the ones with compatability issues? thanks

This is not official word but,

the mods you have listed such as IDF, Project Aus, and unit addons such as helicopters should all be fine. Only mods that might affect ACE's performance is some sort of AI editing mod.

Ok whenever I attempt to start the web client (Via six updater and manually), every time it opens up the browser I get this error:

Failed to Connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:16333.

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.

* Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

I've had this same error since the 13th. Ive tried it through firefox and internet explorer, and im pretty sure my connection is fine. Thanks for help.

dev heaven site crashed ?
Nah, seems IE (maybe FF too) had an issue rendering. Chrome was displaying it fine. Fixed.

Question before I would log it as a bug:

Is the SMAW special ammo supposed to alert enemies? I fired off 2 of them against a ZSU truck at the very lowest of the scope, hence why it was hard to aim. The first one it didnt react to (fell short), the second flare hit the truck on the side. And it nailed me with the gun in 0.5 seconds.

Question before I would log it as a bug:

Is the SMAW special ammo supposed to alert enemies? I fired off 2 of them against a ZSU truck at the very lowest of the scope, hence why it was hard to aim. The first one it didnt react to (fell short), the second flare hit the truck on the side. And it nailed me with the gun in 0.5 seconds.

Don't fire special round straight towards enemy. Aim like 2 meters away and when you find your aim, shoot smaw to target. Enemy will be alerted if you hit tank with Smaw tracer.

the second flare hit the truck on the side. And it nailed me with the gun in 0.5 seconds.
Mosku_FIN;1530605]Don't fire special round straight towards enemy. Aim like 2 meters away and when you find your aim, shoot smaw to target. Enemy will be alerted if you hit tank with Smaw tracer.

heheh yep, remember tracers work both ways :D

Just wanted to say...

Top notch work all round guys, you really have outperformed yourselves this time round. The whole ACE experience is better, from downloading & installing to running and playing I've never had an issue with any patches or the installer.

So thankyou guys, you've given us hours of fun for free with plenty more to come..

ACE2 FTW!!!

Just wanted to say...

Top notch work all round guys, you really have outperformed yourselves this time round. The whole ACE experience is better, from downloading & installing to running and playing I've never had an issue with any patches or the installer.

So thankyou guys, you've given us hours of fun for free with plenty more to come..

ACE2 FTW!!!

dito

Unbelievable how much time and effort you've put into this mod, thanks to everyone involved in this modification! Outstanding work! :slayer:

Thanks and a happy new year from the =FoW= community

Hi I hope some one can help me. I can't install ace beta 2

I was running ace beta 1, via the console - lazy method and also with the gui.

I get back from holidays and reinstall six updater 0.47. Now i can't update ace through the console or gui as my arma 2 directory dosen't exist.

I have tried to follow the directions in the faq.

I am running window 7 home premium and the english steam version of arma2. patched to 1.05

I do not have a "main" key in HKLM registry in the wow64.

i have tried the path directory in the gui as

D:/games/Steam/SteamApps/common/arma 2/

and with "\"

both do not work. i have uninstalled. reinstalled no change

I have been on holidays for 5 days and can't get it to work

please help my and my holidays

Dean

EDIT : for some unknown and bizare reason it now decides to update. I have no idea. saved. execute over and over and it eventually "stuck"

Edited by Oncogene_01
Solution

am going to test tommorow but good work to everyone on the ace team

Edited by Vino3

After testing fast roping all night yesterday i can report that to us it worked flawlessly throughout the night. :)

After testing fast roping all night yesterday i can report that to us it worked flawlessly throughout the night. :)

Great !!!!

Thank you for the report :)

Xeno

Tested fastropin in singleplayer, works great if you are the pilot. The only thing wrong is thatit behaves and looks like a giant stick or something like that^^