Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

hi,I dled both ace core and ace extras from armaholic(beta 2),I know how works modfolder but what to do with ICL file and with config files?

Happy New Year All!

hi,I dled both ace core and ace extras from armaholic(beta 2),I know how works modfolder but what to do with ICL file and with config files?
Installation Documentation
Exactly my point, I don't understand why it needs to be so damn big and in my face...
What UI size are you on ? If im not mistaken it was implemented so smaller ui sizes still had readable compasses.
This got lost in all the talking. Anyone?

There's about 30 mods available on the platform atm, these are all accessible with the GUI.

If you only see a few, try uninstalling the software, removing the application data folder with database etc, and start clean with the latest software version.

Synchronization should be done without any username/password credentials, after succesful sync you should have access to all the servers and mods in the network.

Edited by Sickboy

Hey, Happy New Year :)

I found a bug with some of the Russian Weapons (AK-74UN). Even though it is surpressed, when using ACE 2 (even without the ACE 2 soundmod), it sounds like it is not surpressed (When the AI is using it).

It sounds fine on my guy, but not on the AI. I've checked and we are all using SD mags.

I've done a fair bit of messing about and ACE seems to be the culprit.

Edited by BangTail

i noticed something with the tanks. when im standing next to one and it fires (it looks and sounds very very good btw, good work!) before my guy falls to the ground and my vision goes in and out...my guy turns instantaneously to look in one (always the same) direction. Its not horrible but it looks a little wierd.

Edited by Vino3

And yet there are runners who can use compass, use the map, run and compete all at once? Hmm. Must be females since they can do several things at once :)

I have no issues with the size. Some like to take sighted readings just like in the video, even though ingame will show it fully unfolded. On the map you can doubleclick it to make it larger, if you want to place accurate markers.

They must have it attached to their rifle. :D

If you watched the video the guy told there are many ways to read a compass when getting a bearing. This view is due to the limitations of the engine. If you had the possibility to see spatial and move your eye up and down the lens i'm sure they would have done that. Unfortunately you can't put in a bearing either.

so the configs goes to arma2userconfig folder ..right???

Ok, it's confirmed that none of the ACE weapons are actually silenced. They say silenced, act silenced, and have silenced mags but testing it, from about 150 m if you fire one any-which-way all AI in the area go on alert and start shooting at you. If you do it with a stock MP5SD you can shoot one standing 2ft behind another.

And yes, I know that supersonic bullets crack and all that bullshit but even if you fire a non-sd round from a silenced rifle people would most likely dismiss the noise as a branch or a animal or something so that isn't really a good reason to make them register as non-silenced.

Edited by Linelor

Ok, it's confirmed that none of the ACE weapons are actually silenced. They say silenced, act silenced, and have silenced mags but testing it, from about 150 m if you fire one any-which-way all AI in the area go on alert and start shooting at you. If you do it with a stock MP5SD you can shoot one standing 2ft behind another.

Please setup a ticket, incl arma2.rpt and simple repro steps, like weapon and magazine name, etc, thanks!

Wasn't it mentioned that the ammo type determined whether ai could hear you or not?

Even if you used a supersonic round on a silenced weapon, one should hear the bullet passing by but it should still be difficult to localize the exact position of the shooter if he is far away. Ai has a pinpoint accuracy in any case which is really annoying and needs to be worked on.

Tried it with the TAC50SD with supersonic bullets at 600m. I didn't even have a chance to fire a second round, counterfire from the whole company guarding the town came milleseconds afterwards. I was hiding on top of a hill in thick forest, of course ai ignoring all the vegetation. :(

Edited by Enforcer1975

sickboy,the matter is the documentation regards the sixupdater installation...if the config files arent needed for single player no prob for me,just to know...

hw thx for patience with noobs...

Guys how to edit Ace userconfig that i can use glasses and morphine ...

Are you finding the solution to lower the volume when using earplugs? The sound made now is good for giving an dis-advantage and its a great sound for simulating putting your fingers in your ear (very real sounding). However using earplugs just makes it quiet, and they dont make that sound. Think its muscles tensing thousand miles per hour that makes that sound when using fingers. :)

Also noted they only work for leaders. Added them to my friends and they were in the invent, but couldnt be used. Same issue if you got AI's with you and you switch to them. They are not in the action list. I will check DH if a ticket is up for it.

Also have to ask something. I reported at DH about Bradleys AP rounds didnt have metal impact sounds when firing at other vehicles. I think the ticket was removed but never fixed and i didnt see any info about it. Just wondering if your content as it is or if it's coming? You had it in ACE1 and it sounded superb (the sound is present with the HE rounds).

Something completelly different. Damn i got scared and happy when a Hind dropped a bomb on our MG nest and the ground shaked! Such amazing work guys. Grade A! :thumb:

Question about G-Effects:

When will these be implemented? Are they going to be, or is it still a WIP?

Some things that seem to be missing

-AP mines cannot be placed in the editor (would be really cool for missions)

-Cant look down the sights of most mounted machine guns (m2,mk19 ect)

-the abrams doesnt have the m1028 canister round

There is a lot going on behind the scenes to make these mines work the way they do. For a mission maker to use them for static defenses, it's going to need some work to make an API for you folks. That's going to take some significant time. But have faith, I want to use mines that way too. :smiley-evil:

I would recommend making some tickets for these - one per topic. That way we can track the issues better and hopefully get you some good news.

Think my previous question got lost in the rest - please could someone advise me how to use the deploy sandbag feature? I know I need to have an empty one in my gear before I can fill it and lay it, but I can't work out how to add an empty one to my inventory in the first place. Thanks.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbeyO5HX9GA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbeyO5HX9GA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

can you change the fastroping in ACE, to be more realistic like that?

Think my previous question got lost in the rest - please could someone advise me how to use the deploy sandbag feature? I know I need to have an empty one in my gear before I can fill it and lay it, but I can't work out how to add an empty one to my inventory in the first place. Thanks.

Sandbag crate or empty sandbag. Names are in the ACE2 classlist wiki page.

Hello,

I've downloaded ACE 2 yesterday and today as a medic i've seen i can't heal anybody.

Some players told me about an "ACE Menu" that should be revealed using the right windows key but it does nothing for me as i don't have 2 Windows Key (only the one on the left).

I use a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard which have a "FN key" on the right.

How can i set up a new key ? I've seen config .hpp for ACE but even when modifying the line it changes nothing.

I've put that ->

class ace_sys_interaction

{

class Interaction_Menu

{

key = 184; // win l

shift = 0;

};

};

So the ALT Gr key should allow me to see the menu but it don't show up.

Thanks anyway for further explanation :)

!HNY!

Hey Sickboy, did you see my question about the G-Effects for aircraft? I feel it would be one of the major steps in increasing the fidelity of aircraft simulation in ArmA II. :)

If I put on the earplugs, I don´t hear any sound changes neither they safe me from the "ear-crash".

Known bug or a problem on my side?

I had to run six-updater 3 times to be able to update the server properly. FYI.

Edited by Cross