Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Hello

Been looking at the ACE features videos on you tube, and in conjunction with the new 1.05 patch release i am eager to get back to ARMA2.

One question though and i am sorry of this is a dumb one, but are all of the new features, like deploying weapons, Kestrel equipment etc all available through playing the single player campaign?

I am not a ARMA 2 online fan but will i get the benefit of ACE on the single player campaign?

Keep up the good work, the mod looks fantastic.

Regards

Whisky

I'm also quite new to ARMA in overall.

I found ACE one of the best addition. however I'm missing a clue of daily package updating. Looks like updates are released with 2 days period. IMO it is impossible to make all servers/players up-to-date.

Is there any reason for this? Wouldn't be better to make updates for example once a month?

Another thing is, that Sixth updater doesn't show version available to download. There is full version vanila (which we know it is still beta). then there are 2 betas with suggestion to not download. I'm sure it is ambiguous for people.

Best regards.

@MaXyM, answers to your questions:

You can read mod versions under Updater Gui: Configuration -> Mods.

And yes, we certainly can, and are, keeping servers and clients up2date and in sync :)

Edited by Sickboy

ARGH!!! The latest update seem to have broken the earplugs (nice new icon when loosing hearing though). They just wont work for me, I even tried to spawn a machinegunner with the default earplugs and no go. Machinegunner is my primary class :(

Any devs know if there is an issue on it (considering the update is a day old now)? I couldnt see it in the bug tracker.

ARGH!!! The latest update seem to have broken the earplugs (nice new icon when loosing hearing though). They just wont work for me, I even tried to spawn a machinegunner with the default earplugs and no go. Machinegunner is my primary class :(

Any devs know if there is an issue on it (considering the update is a day old now)? I couldnt see it in the bug tracker.

You have to activate the earplugs with the action menu now for them to work. Similar to headgear items.

How do i add other mods like Island Panthera with the six updater suite? I only know how to add & update the ACE parts.

You have to activate the earplugs with the action menu now for them to work. Similar to headgear items.

oh? I dont remember having any extra actions, but i'll have a look.

oh? I dont remember having any extra actions, but i'll have a look.

I thought I had that problem as well but it's there. I swear there was a few times it didn't appear but I can't seem to reproduce it any more.

All you guys a Happy new Year. Have fun blowing shit up tonight^^

I get the warning line ".... files mis-matched" in @ACEX and @CBA when I run the Six Updater. The update goes smoothly however and I seem to have no issues, so far, when playing.

Is this something I need to fix?

If so, how?

Once I had the Six Updater running (what a pain to install, glad I had help) it works very well. I recently re-built my PC and installed Win 7. I had to delete the @ACEX folder and reinstall but that was the only issue after the Win7 upgrade.

Ok, so someone on KH suggested to modify the user config to be able to use the earplugs. How does one do that? Can a dev confirm whether you're even supposed to?

I just joined the longest day mission on KH as an automatic rifleman (default earplugs, checked it) and I got no actions at all to choose from, picking up the AT4 netted me the AT4 to choose from but that's it. Firing shows the defeaning effect :(

I thought I had that problem as well but it's there. I swear there was a few times it didn't appear but I can't seem to reproduce it any more.

Yes it does not work for me ether.

please read FAQ.You must to enter your in game profile name to userconfig of ACe to be able to use goggles,masks,earplugs .etc.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_ACE2#How_do_I_use_the_goggles_or_masks.3F

And there are two userconfig files be carefull about directory.

Thats stupid design. Why not simply allow them to be used. Why shoud i have to edit a file before i start playing. And im playing with 2 profiles so that means i have to edit that stupid file a lot. for no reason.

WHy not beceuse game engine dont allow it i think.So Devs find this solution to make that stuff working in game.You know there isnt an such feature in vanilla arma right ? This stupid design makes it real.

Yes it does not work for me ether.

Thats stupid design. Why not simply allow them to be used. Why shoud i have to edit a file before i start playing. And im playing with 2 profiles so that means i have to edit that stupid file a lot. for no reason.

I take it that you are saying you can code up a better way to allow for goggle/mask changes and preserves the player's facial preferences, even in multiplayer mode? :butbut: That's superb!

I'm looking forward to seeing your code. Better hurry up though, we have a lot of users waiting for your improved method!

Edited by Evil_Echo

That configs can be edited with the notepad, nothing complicated involved.;)

Thats stupid design.

You have no right to call things, that people have created on their free time for free for the community just for better gameplay, stupid. If you think it is FUBAR then you can delete all the related files and go back to playing vanilla Arma.

I'm sure devs are intelligent enough to find a better way of doing it if it were possible :rolleyes: .

On the other hand if you have any bug reports, suggestion or tech expertise to help solve the issue or improve ACE2, please post it @ dev-heaven , in a civilized manner.

WHy not beceuse game engine dont allow it i think.So Devs find this solution to make that stuff working in game.You know there isnt an such feature in vanilla arma right ? This stupid design makes it real.

... except that earplugs where working just fine by just being placed in the inventory before.

Either way, I've changed the config and I'm off to try. Weird thing though, I had two config folders: "ACE" and "ACE_1261763849". The latter contained more under the player identity. Maybe it doubled the folders when I cleaned out the mod a while ago, never deleted the user config.

Edit: ah yes, now I cant equip it... And now machinegunning sucks. The earplug effect is irritating, annoying and WAY too much "realism" for my taste. I play machinegunner 90% of the time so obviosuly this change affect me alot. Now its either to play another setup or stop playing. Too bad, I've enjoyed ACE so much thus far :(

Edited by Murklor

Hi i recently noticed you included a community mod by fromz into the Ace mod

Its excellent and i think that it would be amazing if you added optical snares FX mod into ace aswell

I know its not my place to decide or anything , but that mod on all ace servers would be a fantastic notch up on the immersion for me and im sure lots of other people!

Infact im sure there are alot of community mods that could fit in with ace too

Or just pull the Earplugs out when you don´t need them?

I'd rather spend my time playing, not pulling out and plugging in earplugs every time I want to shoot - which is quite alot mind you. There is a limit to the "realism" I cant stand and this crosses it.

I guess I have to go with the other class route, I cant stand vanilla anymore either bleh. Some other poor schmuch can use the machineguns while I'll probably pick the beatifull silenced M4 shortdot, heh.

Hi i recently noticed you included a community mod by fromz into the Ace mod

Its excellent and i think that it would be amazing if you added optical snares FX mod into ace aswell

I know its not my place to decide or anything , but that mod on all ace servers would be a fantastic notch up on the immersion for me and im sure lots of other people!

Infact im sure there are alot of community mods that could fit in with ace too

If it fits the scope of ACE it is certainly welcome. (Altough expansions can go beyond the core/extras scope of course, like the PLA)

However, with the Updater Platform at our finger tips and alternative such means, it might suffice if the mods are simply added to the updater system.

If there's one thing that has become very popular in past years it is choice, modularity and configurability gives choices :)

So instead of integrating anything we can find, if mods are compatible (and this basically means XEH (Extended Eventhandlers) compatible),

it is IMO much better to give players / server owners the choice to use / require a certain mod / addon, as opposed to having it included by default.

With automated and managed means like the updater platform, I think we can even achieve it.

If downloading/installing/updating mods and thus getting in sync with everyone else, is as simple as pressing a button and counting to 30,

it is much less important to have large monolithic mods with everything integrated.

That doesn't mean everything has to be modular, as you can go insanely far in that, but at least it gives everyone more options.

Edited by Sickboy