Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Again the question, whats wrong with the ACE Nightgoogles?

Its like in Vanilla now and i cant change brightness with screen up or down?:confused:

thanks.......

What happened with the NightVision Stuff last Update?

I got the normal NV again and cant chance brightness, did i missed something?

Same for me.

Page up and Page down does nothing for me, NVG sight turns black by starlight, and any other source of light too.

Just curious, why are you not supporting YAS? I'm sure people will adapt if you don't, but it seems like it would be easier to support it.

Why should they?? SB developed an updater using rsync to be used for ACE.

On the other hand, community provides alternative distribution/update methods, such as downloads or YAS repositories.

You can use YAS to update your ACE by using Kellys or Zeus ACE repository. :)

I turned out for me that the Six one didnt work (worked until beta II) and Yoma's one worked so... That might be your why.

Bare with me as I am a total noob at this kind of stuff. I'm trying to install this mod with the Lazy method of this site. http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

I downloaded and installed six updater suite. When I save as the Vanilla file I cannot find the Six-Updater application-data folder. When I look into my program files I find the folder Six-Updarer and inside it there are folders named db and tools. I've done a quick look in them but cannot find the Six- Updater application-data folder.

Anyone out there want to save this poor soul?

First off thank you ACE team for yet another update. :)

Secondly i think the AI is being updated to work better, and that is very nice. However i noticing more lag than before with the latest versions. To the point that my horrible AMD X2 6000+ cant take just a couple of squads anymore. Same missions with earlier ACE versions or ARMA2 standard doesnt lag them much at all, but with the later versions of ACE it lags noticeable more. More sway plus more lag has made it harder to play and enjoy.

Wondering if ACE could have like ECS where there was an option for the AI enhancement. Turning it off or add some enhancement or set it to ECS best AI enhancement. Would that be something that could be done? I hate to even ask such a question after all youve done... But its a sad fact that with better AI comes more CPU usage, and some people will not be able to enjoy the mod thanks to that. I just thaught i ask if it was a possibility to make that optional somehow.

When i can get rid of this crappy pc - i will. :(

Are you guys still using the Zeus AI Combat skills mod (ACE version) and does it work properly with the latest AI changes? I'd like the AI to be as good as possible but at the same time to get rid of the extra addons.

I hope the lag issues get fixed. I haven't been able to test the latest version yet but Arma 2 is already heavy enough without extra lag :D

I hope the lag issues get fixed. I haven't been able to test the latest version yet but Arma 2 is already heavy enough without extra lag :D

They wont get fixed until you actually make it happen! http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

Besides, we have never used Zeus AI, they use our code base.

I turned out for me that the Six one didnt work (worked until beta II) and Yoma's one worked so... That might be your why.
It turns out that it's much easier to complain and switch to other software, than to simply report the bugs so they can get fixed.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

That might be your why.

Anyway, Fixed the issue after installing German and Czech Windows versions to figure out what the mup's going on there.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

Problems with keys ALREADY ANSWERED

Thanks Raggis. Tickets; always a great idea :)

As to keys not working, there has been some minor low-level changes to CBA and ACE to allow for some workarounds and fixes.

If you have updated ACE, but not CBA, that is most likely the problem. (Latest CBA is available on Six Updater, and soon also as true release)

Re server crashes:

We have mostly reports about increased stability, even up to 100%.

Generally, make sure all the required mods are up2date, Six Updater and Addonsync servers provide this.

Signature checking is a great ally against server crashes, especially now that there's some older ACE versions out there that cause problems. (Don't forget Battle Eye either).

Also, with 1.05's changes, you might simply be running (or allowing) mods that need updating too (arma2.rpt is your friend).

About other problems; reports without arma2.rpt's, details, and possibly repro steps are impossible to resolve, please, setup tickets with the required details, and we should be able to actually trace and determine and possibly resolve or workaround the issues.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi,

I am locked out the six updater website with a message informing me "Sorry, i am not allowed to log into the site until your registration has been confirmed". This is ongoing two weeks today.

Tried contacting you via GUI web page but it says, i cant i dont have permission.

Can you delete any acccount i have set up so i can start again please, i think when i set up i did some thing wrong.

Sickboy, I am sorry for bringing this to your attention again but updating CBA and ACE to the latest version using SIX-updater does not get rid of the missing keys problem, at least not for me. I double checked my CBA (39) and ACE version (202) and my six-updater confirms the version to be the same as published on the ACE news site at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/news . Is this something we wait for the next update to be fixed or is there something we need to do on our end please?

Keys are tested and verified working on our end. If you have issues, waiting for next version is not recommended.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

(Latest issue with keys, user related)

That counts for everyone. Have an issue ? Setup a ticket with the requested info.

And if the problems are indeed found to be ACE related, you'd be surprised how fast it is fixed.

Edited by Sickboy

We believe that certain features of ace does not work with an addon called Desert Mercs & Black ops http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6471 This addon is required for a couple of ACE campaigns/sp missions and the problem seems to be that any headgear such as masks, glasses, earplugs etc... do not show up in the action menu. The Hunt IR, CS gas grenades, chemlights also do not show up in the action menu. Is this something you ACE guys can fix or would the modder who made the mercs have to do something in order to make them compatible?

@sickboy, sory if i'm being a spaz in asking this, it may have been answered before but with the backpacks, is there a way of animating them so that they dont clip a soldiers body in the way they do atm? hope you get what I mean, if not I'll post a pic,

First of all I want to thank you all for this outstanding mod, it's a lot of fun to play.

In the F.A.Q. is explained how to re-enable the crosshairs. I have 2 questions on this subject:

• Will I be able to join all the ACE-servers by doing so?
  • Will I have to change it back after every update?

@Sick

Can you please tell me what happened with the NV Goggles?

They are back to vanilla, cant change brightness with page up/down and the

vanilla brightness sucks......

[third time i ask...please just tell if its a bug or you changed it] thanks.

@Sick

Can you please tell me what happened with the NV Goggles?

They are back to vanilla, cant change brightness with page up/down and the

vanilla brightness sucks......

[third time i ask...please just tell if its a bug or you changed it] thanks.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

would be nice if AI could stop wasting their bullets on armored vehicules instead of infantry

Signature checking is not an option for our server, pre 202 no server Crashes at all, today we have had five. Ticket time :confused:

would be nice if AI could stop wasting their bullets on armored vehicules instead of infantry

Dont you mean you would rather they fired at infantry instead of armoured vehicles

Signature checking is not an option for our server, pre 202 no server Crashes at all, today we have had five. Ticket time :confused:

Hum? Why no sig check??

Sig checking is STRONGLY recommended for any ACE public server. If you don't do that then bad things are certain to happen....

sigpic50972_1.gif

We or any other mod maker cannot promise reliability if a server allows for mis-matches and hacks.

ok i have 2 idears to add to ace mod but idk where to post them, is it here or on dev-heaven.net?

Hum? Why no sig check??

I dont think any Aussie public server has had to resort to Sig check due to the lack of retards and destructive types seen elsewhere. So if we are forced to use sig check when players utlise side addons to accompany ACE our community has a problem.

Those same Addons with pre 202 never crashed our server. Keep up the great work :)

Sig checking is STRONGLY recommended for any ACE public server. If you don't do that then bad things are certain to happen....

Those bad things (Server crashes) have just started to happen with the latest release, ACE up intill the latest has been great.

Edited by SnR