Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

IO updated ACE2 got no errors when downloading and when launching game. Version is latest I checked on selection menu but ingame ACE commands won't go anymore.... example ..page up and page down should adjust nvg's brightness. now make me stand or going prone. Seems like all my ACE2 commands were disabilitated. It's very strange don't know what to do.

We got a crash at KH server right now with latest Ace.

do you feel you need to post here? without rpts, logs or anything? Why? Because you can?

and don't worry about the KH server, i got the rpts and logs checked every now and then

IF you are using the YAS updater, make sure you remove the old files via YAS menus.

BTW, YAS is not a supported mean of update, so if you are using that and not really know how to do it properly, don't come in here saying you got the bugz.

I use always sixupdater. I didn´t mean to offend or anything, just to report what happened to fix. Nevermind it...

Hello, Just gotta say love this mod, I havent had any problems until today when i noticed that some of my weapons is being held wrong , this is only (i think) for my other weapon packs, rh m416 and rhm4/16 , for ex: almost all these weapons are being held like a weapon with extra grip when there is none wich is really anoying. also other weapon packs, downloaded the swedish pack today(since im swedish:). and the same problem with the ak5s. I started arma2 without the ACE extra and then everything was back to normal, so some file in ACEX is messing this up, just cant find out wich, or why. Anyone else had the same problem?. Sorry if im posting in the wrong place.

Hey ACE2 Guys :)

I thought about that since the first Ace realease for arma1. what if you try to get Ace in WW2 era (once your done with betas :D)

theres already some addons made for ww2 stuff , we just need to adapt the game for the time (no gps , stabilisation for tanks , portable radios , less information in general...) and pimp it the ACE way (with wounds , effects , weapons handling...)

Thanks Raggis. Tickets; always a great idea :)

As to keys not working, there has been some minor low-level changes to CBA and ACE to allow for some workarounds and fixes.

If you have updated ACE, but not CBA, that is most likely the problem. (Latest CBA is available on Six Updater, and soon also as true release)

Re server crashes:

We have mostly reports about increased stability, even up to 100%.

Generally, make sure all the required mods are up2date, Six Updater and Addonsync servers provide this.

Signature checking is a great ally against server crashes, especially now that there's some older ACE versions out there that cause problems. (Don't forget Battle Eye either).

Also, with 1.05's changes, you might simply be running (or allowing) mods that need updating too (arma2.rpt is your friend).

About other problems; reports without arma2.rpt's, details, and possibly repro steps are impossible to resolve, please, setup tickets with the required details, and we should be able to actually trace and determine and possibly resolve or workaround the issues.

Edited by Sickboy

I use always sixupdater. I didn´t mean to offend or anything, just to report what happened to fix. Nevermind it...

How can someone fix "it", without knowing what is causing the "it"? I mean no offense here, but coming on and saying "hey, there has been a server crash" and no additional info is not gonna work.

Best thing would be to report the server crash on KH forums, shoutbox, or to any KH members on the TS3 server, so an admin can look over the rpts/logs and eventually post them on the issue tracker.

What you did is useless spam

Hello, Just gotta say love this mod, I havent had any problems until today when i noticed that some of my weapons is being held wrong , this is only (i think) for my other weapon packs, rh m416 and rhm4/16 , for ex: almost all these weapons are being held like a weapon with extra grip when there is none wich is really anoying. also other weapon packs, downloaded the swedish pack today(since im swedish:). and the same problem with the ak5s. I started arma2 without the ACE extra and then everything was back to normal, so some file in ACEX is messing this up, just cant find out wich, or why. Anyone else had the same problem?. Sorry if im posting in the wrong place.

Yes, it is due to changed models for the M4 family that comes with ACEX. The handgrip animation is changed for those. Not really an ACE issue here, since RH pack is not supported

Hey ACE2 Guys :)

I thought about that since the first Ace realease for arma1. what if you try to get Ace in WW2 era (once your done with betas :D)

Out of ACE scope. There are other Mod makers out there who have ww2 set as a scope for their projects though

Edited by PuFu

IO updated ACE2 got no errors when downloading and when launching game. Version is latest I checked on selection menu but ingame ACE commands won't go anymore.... example ..page up and page down should adjust nvg's brightness. now make me stand or going prone. Seems like all my ACE2 commands were disabilitated. It's very strange don't know what to do.

ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_keys.hpp

Is that file present?

thanks for the fast reply, Can i just remove the m4s in acex or do i have to live without the rh pack and my lovely ak5s?

thanks for the fast reply, Can i just remove the m4s in acex or do i have to live without the rh pack and my lovely ak5s?

in theory you could, in practice, depends on the scenario you are playing (SP/MP etc), BUT you shouldn't be able to. Basically removing the M4s will remove others M4s added with ACEX, and break the ammo crates etc, ending up with more prbs than solved.

As a general rule, you shouldn't be dissabling pbos, as they are linked to each other.

With some patience, there will be added in some foreseeable future the HK family to ACEX, modeled by panda

Whats the brown pouch looking thing mounted oin most US infantry rifles? Is that the IR strobe emitter? If so how do I see it when i put on my NV?

Also, which file shoild I edit to turn up the accuracy of the units in general? They seem to be missing pretty easy shots, the support gunners just make noise more than anything and spray all around the target theyre firing at.

Peace

Edited by Njayjay

since the ACE 195 my mission "VTS" don't work on dedi server

but if I start a server on my PC, there is no problem

if I remove all ACE units and I start it without ACE it work well

this is a queshkibrul version but I can send a chernarus version

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83997&highlight=gonza

Edited by gonza

I've just updated and im wondering,

What version should it show on the main menu? In the bottom left corner.

ATM, it says 0.1.202

Cheers,

Andy

I've just updated and im wondering,

What version should it show on the main menu? In the bottom left corner.

ATM, it says 0.1.202

Cheers,

Andy

TO CHECK CURRENT VERSIONS

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/268

now go and fly like an eagle and seek the answers to your questions by reading the whole thread.....

What happened with the NightVision Stuff last Update?

I got the normal NV again and cant chance brightness, did i missed something?

Hi, thanks for all the hard work in ACE 2. I am sure this has been raised many times but I just wanted to ask if the whole blackout part of the stamina thing can be made optional?

I only bring this up because sometimes you just want to play for an hour or so and this can really eat up time trying to run to a target.

Thanks!

Still seeing alot of people trying to join with wrong versions.

Most important that in the ACE Updater Web client / main to Enable AutoSkip and Reset Skip Data before executing.

Be sure to have CBA, ACE, ACEX, ACEX_PLA, ACE_SM in your presets.

then come and join the 169th Expert warfare server where realism is taken seriously. No externals etc.

Currently running the [iCED] version of Benny v2052 warfare @ACE2

Edited by [Ice]

Just 2 quick questions:

Why the bullet count still ingame? Hardcoded?

How lock LGB on laser now?

+ More one:

The birds flying out of florests or bushes when the shooting starts or someone make noise near them, is that an ACE feature or JTD? Cause I installed JTD and updated ACE after somewhile and notice them...

BTW, YAS is not a supported mean of update, so if you are using that and not really know how to do it properly, don't come in here saying you got the bugz.

Just curious, why are you not supporting YAS? I'm sure people will adapt if you don't, but it seems like it would be easier to support it.

Just a quick idea, not sure if this is the place to post suggestions, but I'll give it a punt. :D

Would it be possible for you to add an invisible backpack? The reason I ask is that lots of infantry models already have a pack attached to them which they can't use in ACE. These packs often look weird when paired with an ACE pack, you get a sort of overlap effect. This is a bit of a game breaker for some unit models on ops where you need to carry a pack full of stuff. An invisible pack that would provide functionality to pack-equipped units (or even just regular units if the player didn't want his pack visible) would be very handy.

That said if there is already some sort of a fix for hiding a backpack please let me know. :D

Evening all!! I did use the search function to no avail. And don't have time to read the entire thread, so here's my question. I lease a server from Defcon Servers, and installed the ACE Mod on it. The problem im having is the client and server versions do not match. Could anyone tell me how to update the server side?? Defcon says I have to do it manually!! Thanks in advance!!!

Roushie

Hi, thanks for all the hard work in ACE 2. I am sure this has been raised many times but I just wanted to ask if the whole blackout part of the stamina thing can be made optional?

I only bring this up because sometimes you just want to play for an hour or so and this can really eat up time trying to run to a target.

Thanks!

There should be a module you can use wich removes the stamina effect.