Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

My previous quip about video was a semi-lighthearted attempt to point out that, while a number of people here talk about how tough they are in real life, none have ever proven that claim with video of themselves actually moving under heavy load and not suffering from it.

We already know about reports of eccentricities in the stamina system and are dealing with the valid instances as fast as we can.

However...

This thread and indeed the entire BI forum is not meant to be a trouble report system for ACE nor will it ever be. We have our own web site, ticket sytem, and wiki dedicated to ACE issues just for that. As many of you have mentioned, the rate of posting here is large, you folks can barely keep up with questions and answers here - ACE certainly cannot be expected to track problems via this thread either.

Then comes up topics like stamina. There is legimate talk and then there is the other kind. Outrageous claims and trash talk are rarely welcome anywhere, certainly not by ACE or many others here. When someone comes in here and just starts to bash away it not only wastes time, it discredits the user base. If that happens too much, the natural tendency is to pull back, ignore, etc.

The same thing happens when "demands" keep being made. Add this, change this, you must do this, and so on. Ideas are welcome, but we have limits in manpower, time and most importantly - what belongs in ACE in the first place.

How does this tie in with stamina? ACE tries to model realism where it matters. It's a fact that soldiers get tired, so ACE has sys_stamina. It's not perfect because the game engine does not let us do everything that happens in real life, like slowing down walking/running speeds. So we do what we can with what we have. Additionally, getting fatigued has been concidered a core feature ever since ACE came out for Armed Assault ( the original ). Thresholds may need more adjustment, but that is all.

In this context, there are good ways to discuss a problem and lousy ways.

Good ways.

• Checking the ACE wiki, FAQ, ticket system before posting here or submitting a ticket.
  • Report a problem using the ACE ticket system. Include a mission that highlights the problem, detailed description of how to reproduce the event, version numbers, and if relevant - the .RPT file that contains debugging infomation.
  • Citing credible sources of information. Jane's, Global Security.org, FAS, and so on.

Lousy ways.

• Using abusive language or attitude.
  • Posting outside the primary ACE thread.
  • Bumping.
  • Asking questions that are answered in the ACE FAQ or already in this thread.
  • Demanding changes to core features that are contrary to ACE goals and policies.
  • Raising a topic that has been rehashed to death.

If ACE users work better with us, it leads to the ACE team being able to work with them in a better way too. We all end up happier and more gets done. So it's in your best interest to improve the manner of how issues are discussed here.

I think the ACE team is doing an excellant job!

The amount of time and effort it takes and to do it for free speaks volumes.

if it was possible to Impregnate the entire ACE team....I would do it <3 <3

is it up already ? cause when i click on execute there are no files to update : (

or should i get the beta patch and click ace mod2 beta patch ?

is it up already ? cause when i click on execute there are no files to update : (

or should i get the beta patch and click ace mod2 beta patch ?

Hit synchronize and retry after synchronization has finished :)

Kellys ACE Server & YAS Repository updated to b.252

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

i think i found a problem,

i also searched this thread and didnt found it mentioned bevore..

i got 2 M249 Para's, one with the scope and one without,.. but the second one also has a scope attached to it "ingame"...why...i would love to see one without a scope like its depicted in inventory...

i think i should make a ticket....

Hah cool effect when i got shot in latest ACE. :) Actually had a nice effect on me - like not being prepared for it and it kinda scared me a bit. Made me loose focus for a second. Superb work gents. Thanks ACE!

I'm getting a "get in" error thingy when -showscripterrors are used. Anyone else get this or is it dependant on my mission screwing things up? Happens as a script error when mission is started. Not sure if it is a "bad" bug yet though...

Hah cool effect when i got shot in latest ACE. :) Actually had a nice effect on me - like not being prepared for it and it kinda scared me a bit. Made me loose focus for a second. Superb work gents. Thanks ACE!

There's a new effect for getting shot?

Is there a reason why i get config errors with this in a weaponcrate.sqf?

_this addWeaponCargo ["ACE_SPAS12", 11];

_this addWeaponCargo ["CW05", 11];

only on those 2 weapons everything else works fine, class names taken from the wiki.

In case its this:

_this addMagazineCargo ["ACE_8Rnd_12Ga_Slug", 20];

_this addMagazineCargo ["ACE_8Rnd_12Ga_Buck00", 20];

_this addMagazineCargo ["8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug", 20];

_this addMagazineCargo ["50Rnd_580x21_QCQ", 20];

_this addMagazineCargo ["50Rnd_580x21_QCW", 20];

searched the thread and looked at the wiki cant seem to search the issue tracker.

Me and a friend of mine are trying to have some fun with the Apache, How do we use the Hellfires? We are not able to lock on anything. Could Please someone help?

Me and a friend of mine are trying to have some fun with the Apache, How do we use the Hellfires? We are not able to lock on anything. Could Please someone help?

same with FAB-250 , MK bombs or Ch-29 : /

Same here with hellfire I can lock but the hellfire does not hit the target Hellfire will like hit below or to the right about 20 to 30 meters.

Edited by pigglywiggly

Hi there i have a issue joining just 1 server (others are fine) every time i join I get "player TrueSlawter is using Mod data file CA" then it says something along the lines of "player cant Play/Edit Mission...." I cant catch the rest as it goes really quick any clues to why this is?

A quick question, does ACE affect fps much? My rig is pretty underpowered compared to most on here (A64x2@2.6, 3 gig ddr, 9600gt), I can pull just playable fps (about 20 in open areas and woods, lower in cities) but dont want to lose too much more. Any advice appreciated :)

I'm still getting an empty userconfig folder, everyone else the same?

Normal, Process Userconfig via six-updater GUI if you want new ones to be moved to your arma2 directory.

Hint: If you want to do it manually, the userconfigs are still in @ACE, they have just been relocated.

Hi there i have a issue joining just 1 server (others are fine) every time i join I get "player TrueSlawter is using Mod data file CA" then it says something along the lines of "player cant Play/Edit Mission...." I cant catch the rest as it goes really quick any clues to why this is?

Sounds like youre missing some addon. The crucial part is in the bit you cant catch.. of course ;)

A quick question, does ACE affect fps much? My rig is pretty underpowered compared to most on here (A64x2@2.6, 3 gig ddr, 9600gt), I can pull just playable fps (about 20 in open areas and woods, lower in cities) but dont want to lose too much more. Any advice appreciated :)

Cant say that it does. Maybe if there is a lot of AI it can be slight more performance hit. Im basing that only on that i think ACE AI is improved over vanilla AI. However im running on an old machine and it seems the same to me with or without ACE.

Just test and see for yourself. You cant miss out on such a superior mod. ;)

AnimalMother92: There's a new effect for getting shot?

Yeah! I think so...? Never seen it before the update. Noticed it a couple of times. Dirt plus blood splatter on the screen coupled with blur and brighter screen - all for a couple of seconds and fading away. Gave superb immersion. :)

I think it might be with the ACE Wounding System activated. Not sure yet. But i always have that on as it rocks.

Edited by Alex72

Hi Masters of ACE2

My missions reports errors on mapview.sqf, line 25. See the bug:

Code:
Error in expression <wMap false;
if (_has_gps) then {showGPS false};
};

if (player hasWeapon "ItemMa>
 Error position: <false};
};

if (player hasWeapon "ItemMa>
 Error Missing ;