Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Cant say that it does. Maybe if there is a lot of AI it can be slight more performance hit. Im basing that only on that i think ACE AI is improved over vanilla AI. However im running on an old machine and it seems the same to me with or without ACE.

Just test and see for yourself. You cant miss out on such a superior mod. ;)

I will do once Ive finished playing through harvest red (read somewhere that ACE and harvest red is a no no?), as you say nothing to lose :D

To be honest I doubt I will be able to play many missions with lots of AI unless the map is better optimised than chenarus; without AI I get 35-40 fps on panthera but only 20-25 on chenarus.

It cant be optimized for several years old computers. Somewhere we the players also have to update no matter how much hurts the wallet. ;) However BIS are working hard as always to make things better.

Dont base the games performance on the campaign though. It is heavily run with AI and scripts etc. The campaign gets real heavy for me, but online play with mates, missions in SP etc flow real good.

Cant say that it does. Maybe if there is a lot of AI it can be slight more performance hit. Im basing that only on that i think ACE AI is improved over vanilla AI. However im running on an old machine and it seems the same to me with or without ACE.

Just test and see for yourself. You cant miss out on such a superior mod. ;)

We have invested quite a lot of time lately in improving ACE performance in various areas. Not only performance but also stability.

Yeah! I think so...? Never seen it before the update. Noticed it a couple of times. Dirt plus blood splatter on the screen coupled with blur and brighter screen - all for a couple of seconds and fading away. Gave superb immersion. :)

I think it might be with the ACE Wounding System activated. Not sure yet. But i always have that on as it rocks.

Yes, only available when wounds is activated. Haven't mentioned it in the changelog to see how players react ;)

Xeno

Yes, only available when wounds is activated. Haven't mentioned it in the changelog to see how players react ;)

Xeno

:eek: could you please enable it for the BIS healing modules as well?

Hey, I did a search on the thread didn´t found anything of help.

In the key binding thingy, what exactly has to be edited? I see a lot of stuff in there but don´t know what part of it has to be edited.

And also, how do you deploy the bipods for machineguns and sniper rifles or anything that has a bipod?

my cfg is fine Just the issue i mentioned above.. just joined a ACE server fine. connected etc with same promt as Im trying for other server. This server worked fine server i want to go on (hopefully future clans) I keep getting a error about editing something, any help wit hthe issue please if anyone knows a fix?

Hey great feature with the dirt and blood effects i would like to see the effects being able to be turned on and off via the userconfig as it would accessable to all instead of hit and miss mission makers

Hadn't tested the shtora on the T-90 out yet but can anyone tell me what its effects on the Javelin, Metis and Hellfire is like? (so I know what to look out for when killing T-90s in future)

I have a problem and I hope you can help me.

At the moment, only this laptop is connected to the internet, and it cant run Arma2. I have a much more powerful desktop, but it isn´t connected to the internet.

Is there a possibility to install ACE mod without connection to the internet?

Im trying to get this work for over 4 days and with no resoult please help me i installed the ACE folder in the main arma folder with the Six updater but when i lounch the game its just vanilla please help me what should i do i realy want to play this mod [Thank you]

Im trying to get this work for over 4 days and with no resoult please help me i installed the ACE folder in the main arma folder with the Six updater but when i lounch the game its just vanilla please help me what should i do i realy want to play this mod [Thank you]

Can´t you just make a new shortcut to the arma2.exe and edit it?

so it looks like this "...\arma2.exe -mod=ace2" of course you have to change that ace2 into the folders that have the mods

Suggestion: Could we start an ACE-Installation Problems thread so that these questions that repeat every single day won't continuously flood out gameplay questions? These installation questions are asked and re-asked every single day and answered every single day so much they need a thread on its own so people have a place to look for answers instead of continuously flood out the main thread. I really can't believe it... same questions EVERY DAY asked by different people... don't people use the search function or read threads anymore??

For the love of God and for giving these people a place to ask their repeatedly same questions away from proper ACE gameplay questions, please start the new thread.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Hadn't tested the shtora on the T-90 out yet but can anyone tell me what its effects on the Javelin, Metis and Hellfire is like? (so I know what to look out for when killing T-90s in future)

The Javelin seems to score a lot of disabling kills, with the crews jumping out.

Helicopters dont engage with Cannon anymore at all. Before i get bashed, i took a look at dev heaven, not ticket, also i couldnt find this problem here.

Im talking about AI Choppers, Apache or AH, they only engage with rockets, even infantry.

When i make a shortcut on the desktop and try to edit it with -nosplash -mod=@ACE it says "The name "C\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe"-no-nosplash'specified in the target box is not valid .make sure the path and file name are correct

@jason im sorry but i realy dont know what to do i read about it alot but got mixed and after 4 reinstalls i got tierd of it and searched for help here becuse i realy want to play this mod

ok now i updated with the six updater thing it added me ACEX folder now i got ACE and ACEX Do i need CAB to play the mod? or i can run it like now ?

can annyone help me please :(

Edited by KaHU

The changeable glasses feature is turning my face into the default arma face. I have added my profile name in the arma2/userconfig/ace/ace_clientside_config.hpp but the feature does not work any one else having this problem?

Thanks

Intruder it says the same thing but do i need CBA or can play without it?

Helicopters dont engage with Cannon anymore at all. Before i get bashed, i took a look at dev heaven, not ticket, also i couldnt find this problem here.

Im talking about AI Choppers, Apache or AH, they only engage with rockets, even infantry.

Confirmed, certainly breaks some missions :(

*edit*

Ticketed @ dev heaven

Edited by AnimalMother92

is it just me or all that have this problem, After I installed ACE2 there are no more sound from the radio from the soldiers. I hear effects but no radiotalk.

Where do you find så you can put the crosshair on agin and so.

is it just me or all that have this problem, After I installed ACE2 there are no more sound from the radio from the soldiers. I hear effects but no radiotalk.

Where do you find så you can put the crosshair on agin and so.

Please read the information before start playing a mod... Read the first page - FAQ for example. Voice and crosshair is just 2 options you can set to ON/OFF in ACE.

KAHU:

do i need CBA or can play without it?

Yes you need CBA. Its very important for ACE and many other addons.

Xeno: Yes, only available when wounds is activated. Haven't mentioned it in the changelog to see how players react

Please leave it in guys! It was very nice. Thaught i could do without such stuff, but tbh it added immersion cause it was well implemented. :)

And as AnimalMother said, it would be great to have it with BIS wounding as well if possible.

Thanks guys. Good work.

EDIT: Helicopters dont engage with Cannon anymore at all.

Hmm i was attacked over and over yesterday by Mi24, Mi8 etc. They shot the crap outta me. They were spawned in with ACM though if that matters maybe. Also UH1Y pumped led into any enemies they saw. With latest ACE.

Edited by Alex72

Userconfig

Userconfig sources have been moved to @ACE\store\userconfig a couple of updates ago.

Installation/startup issues

The Six Updater can create Desktop shortcut, shortcut inside ArmA 2 folder, or directly startup the game with the correct mods selected.

Just select the appropriate action from the Main page, "Override Action".

There are also many other launchers, incl Yoma AddonSync.

Shtora

Shtora doesn't react to IR (/Heat) or Radio.

Also it doesn't react to all Wire guided missiles yet, this will be resolved in sys_missileguidance at some point.

Easiest testing is with T90 missile, or Cobra Hellfire LOBL. If AI is the firer, it should work best atm.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/6975#note-29

Edited by Sickboy

"Hmm i was attacked over and over yesterday by Mi24, Mi8 etc. They shot the crap outta me. They were spawned in with ACM though if that matters maybe. Also UH1Y pumped led into any enemies they saw. With latest ACE."

Well i tested easiest setup in the editor, 2-3 large infantry squads and one low passing apache, nothing.somehting is seriously bugged.Its not only Apache or AHZ´s, its also MI24 and other attack helos. Opening a ticket now...

So is there a possibility to install ACE mod without internet connection?