Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

So is there a possibility to install ACE mod without internet connection?

Wait 7 days for version 1.0 to come out. It will have more traditional install methods. :)

Wait 7 days for version 1.0 to come out. It will have more traditional install methods. :)

That right there will cut down the thread size by 50% :D

Well i tested easiest setup in the editor, 2-3 large infantry squads and one low passing apache, nothing.somehting is seriously bugged.Its not only Apache or AHZ´s, its also MI24 and other attack helos. Opening a ticket now...

I was just in the editor as well and was shot by all helicopters in the game. They all attacked everything with rockets and MG - including me.

So is there a possibility to install ACE mod without internet connection?
Each milestone release is also available as a .7z file, with packed addon/mod files in .gz archives, that you can unpack with 7zip or winrar etc.

Our major releases will come as ordinary package though, but these releases are usually far apart.

Maybe a friend could pack it up for ya otherwise?

That right there will cut down the thread size by 50% :D

That mate, is an optimal dream that probably won't come true, whatever the installation method will be ;P

Hi Ace Team,

Great job on this mod. Six Updater works for me and I commend Sickboy on his innovation in writing it.

I would love to see an "official" ACE Campaign or mission pack get released. It would help bring the mod more popularity for new users and people like me who want a quick way to see all the new features in action.

Is there a scripting reference for all the functions or scripting related features in ACE2? I was looking for ways to get the AI to use the ACE features like crew serve weapon loaders, using the special items with scripts. Thanks!

Thanks TJ!

We have no specific plans for Campaign or Mission pack at this time, but others are certainly invited to send theirs, we would be happy to include them.

Maybe something we can look at in the future aswell.

Documentation is ongoing, this is what we have available ATM:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but the mod is installed fine as i can play on other servers, yet one (and only 1) I cant It mentions not being able to Edit/mod something... this has only started happening since installing ACE (and again after totally reinstalling ArmA2 and ACE) so does anyone know whats the problem or if there is a fix for it?

The server requires some content that you dont have, probably not ACE2 related issue... the server is probably running some other addons too wich you dont have :)

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but the mod is installed fine as i can play on other servers, yet one (and only 1) I cant It mentions not being able to Edit/mod something... this has only started happening since installing ACE (and again after totally reinstalling ArmA2 and ACE) so does anyone know whats the problem or if there is a fix for it?

Search for Yoma AddonSync and use that program. It shows what addons a server is using and lets you launch the game with exactlly that modline (given you have the mods). It can do tons more as well. It also shows what signatures they check. Very nice.

Thanks will give that a go now :) ok im a total idiot when it comes to this, ive got the server for kelly's server (what i was linked by clan member to download ACE files) but how do you get the auto config urls for other servers?

Edited by TrueSlawter

I have a problem and I hope you can help me.

At the moment, only this laptop is connected to the internet, and it cant run Arma2. I have a much more powerful desktop, but it isn´t connected to the internet.

Is there a possibility to install ACE mod without connection to the internet?

Download via Yoma to the laptop (install arma doesnt need to run on laptop, it if wont let you install fool yoma by puttin arma.EXE into a folder and point yoma to to it) run yoma to get ace.

Then copy the folders over that are created by yoma for Ace.

Updating will be a pain as you have to copy over the entire ACE every time so you should just update once a week.

Download via Yoma to the laptop (install arma doesnt need to run on laptop, it if wont let you install fool yoma by puttin arma.EXE into a folder and point yoma to to it) run yoma to get ace.

Then copy the folders over that are created by yoma for Ace.

Updating will be a pain as you have to copy over the entire ACE every time so you should just update once a week.

As I cant play online with it anyway, it wont matter as much if I download the updates only once or twice a month.

having trouble editing keybinds.. pageup and down for NVG's are a bit annoying as they change your stance

so i tried changing them to [ and ] but in the keylist ] says NOT DEFINED

however in the maptools section ACE are using these keys defined as 26 and 27

so i tried and [ 26 works but ] 27 does nothing.. does anybody know what ID the ] key is ?

also i'd like to set up shift + 'whatever' keys for GL range but adding

shift = 1; for that entry does nothing and works even if i press the keys without holding shift

any help appreciated

when the new version 1.0 comes out. does it have to be downloaded and installed or is it still possible to get the 1.0 version through six-updater just like every other update ace come out with?

having trouble editing keybinds.. pageup and down for NVG's are a bit annoying as they change your stance

Why do you not just remove the stance up and down from PAGEUP/DN? Thats what i did the first day. :) Check stance buttons in controls option and you see they are mapped to many buttons. But you need only 1 place for them right. So i have them on Z,X,C and remove them from everywhere else.

Argggg, going nuts. Dunno how this has just randomly stopped working, updating the installer to 0.6.7 didn't fix it for him, he keep's getting this when running the program. Cleaned out folders and reinstalled, I'm at a loss. He was able to run the program fine, this has started only recently.

(NoMethodError in MainController#index)

EDIT: He's opened a ticket albeit in the wrong section (bugs) http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9020 , told him to put it in support so he did too http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9021 . He's not great at computer as you can guess :P

Edited by Loki-Stuart

Why do you not just remove the stance up and down from PAGEUP/DN? Thats what i did the first day. :) Check stance buttons in controls option and you see they are mapped to many buttons. But you need only 1 place for them right. So i have them on Z,X,C and remove them from everywhere else.

because i don't use WASD , i use arrow key and page up and down are needed

now i suppose i could use some of those keys for NVG and GL range but i would like something closer on the keyboard

Edited by wheres my rabbit ?

So I got the Arma 2 addon sync 2009 beta and downloaded what was needed for ace2 and such and I keep on getting this error when joining a server, rtdkqh.png

Any Ideas? I have windows 7 and a machine that works complelely fine.. I turned my security popups or whatever they call em, off

Hmmmm. Did you try to run the update again? I'm wondering if it's a corrupt file in there causing that error. Strange for sure.

Good Luck.

so i tried changing them to [ and ] but in the keylist ] says NOT DEFINED

however in the maptools section ACE are using these keys defined as 26 and 27

so i tried and [ 26 works but ] 27 does nothing.. does anybody know what ID the ] key is ?

also i'd like to set up shift + 'whatever' keys for GL range but adding

shift = 1; for that entry does nothing and works even if i press the keys without holding shift

any help appreciated

I believe those keys do not work right because when you are not in the map they control the action menu. In the map you cant access the action menu, so they are bindable there.

*ACE user crashes server on quitting.*

Something odd happened on my server last night.

I don't use ACE2, I don't have it installed client or server side, not yet at least.

We were playing my Domination mod and a new player joins, but gets kicked because of an addon dependency, it was Gachopins '53. I noticed that this chap had ACE addons in his string. He rejoins a few minutes later, having installed the missing addon, he joins our mumble and plays with us for a couple of hours. Nice fella, young Israeli chap, very keen. :)

Anyway, this is where the story really starts, he says goodnight and the INSTANT he quits, the server says "no message received" for xx seconds. Eventually, the GSP hosting scripts restart the server.

I'm sure this chap wouldn't join the server to play for a long time then crash it, is it likely that his ACE addons crashed the server as he quit?

*ACE user crashes server on quitting.*

Something odd happened on my server last night.

I don't use ACE2, I don't have it installed client or server side, not yet at least.

We were playing my Domination mod and a new player joins, but gets kicked because of an addon dependency, it was Gachopins '53. I noticed that this chap had ACE addons in his string. He rejoins a few minutes later, having installed the missing addon, he joins our mumble and plays with us for a couple of hours. Nice fella, young Israeli chap, very keen. :)

Anyway, this is where the story really starts, he says goodnight and the INSTANT he quits, the server says "no message received" for xx seconds. Eventually, the GSP hosting scripts restart the server.

I'm sure this chap wouldn't join the server to play for a long time then crash it, is it likely that his ACE addons crashed the server as he quit?

Why don't you use signature checks? It is well known that a full conversion mod such as ACE could crash servers that are NOT running it.

Why don't you use signature checks? It is well known that a full conversion mod such as ACE could crash servers that are NOT running it.

It's not well known to me. :) I don't use ACE so have never looked at this thread until now. I'll have to use sig checks, then.

Got one question. Something similar was asked before so I want repeat same question (about missile system - compared to Mando's one).

What I want to know is, how is it going to look like, which features are going to be included? Will there be realistic HUDs for example (planes, Javelin...)? Any info on this?

I would like to know this because, if it will have systems similar to Mando or even better then I wont bother with installing Mando's mod, otherwise I will install it.

Sorry if I'm bothering you with stupid questions, it's just I would like to know what can I expect and so far I couldn't find any word on this.

You should use Mando'a Missiles mate. I doubt ACE will implement a system more in depth than MMA. But if they do - i bet it wont be anytime soon.

MMA is a small addon and it activates automatically onto any mission (with XEH AutoStart).