Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Thanks. I'll try again tonight with the override "install" option selected but I've tried it 3 times now and my Internet connection sits idle while the DOS box tells me it is downloading...

Thanks. I'll try again tonight with the override "install" option selected but I've tried it 3 times now and my Internet connection sits idle while the DOS box tells me it is downloading...

If it doesnt show you any progress, it's not working. For support please see previous post.

does anyone know how to set the aircraft carrier (Big Boat) at the beginning of the normal Arma 2 campaign in your mission editor so that you start on the hanger?

I'm completely lost with this, I'm going to request support through the "bugz" feature.

I've ran the updater multiple times and not a lot happens so I downloaded the two main ACE/ACEX files and thought I'd put them in the installer folder to see what happens, but the installer folder doesn't exist. Very, very lost :(

Also i noticed the night vision doesn't work correctly for me, everything is pitch black only the street lights show up green. and i just did the six update and it updated to version 246 but on the web page it still says the version is 243 to be updated to.

Hey Ace guys! it would be cool if you add the Gru speznaz pack to the mod! And of course the weapons like AN-94 or SR-3.

I update my ace to version 247 (yes i know its incredible) but when i try to update he ask me for some mismatched files and the program try to reupdate my Acex.

After the update i go to my acex folder and i cant found any file on userconfig and the game say me my config files are outdated.

Someone can help me?

I update my ace to version 247 (yes i know its incredible) but when i try to update he ask me for some mismatched files and the program try to reupdate my Acex.

After the update i go to my acex folder and i cant found any file on userconfig and the game say me my config files are outdated.

Someone can help me?

read 2 or 3 pages back :)

Thx mate i forgot to read the last pages :p

Sorry for this mistake.

Hey i'm not sure if this is a problem for anyone else. but after i six update the mod and it applys the current version i like to re-run the updater just to make sure and it does more activity in the @ACE folder, plus it reinstalled version 68 of the @CBA from version 69. yeah it seems like every time i re-run the updater it installs @CBA version 69 then when i re-run it again it installs version 68, and it goes back and forth every time i run six-updater. anyone else get this problem?

Edited by A_Blunt_Rifle

Kellys Heroes ACE Servers & YAS Repository updated to b.247

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper (Repo for Islands & other Mods)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

URLs are case sensitive (ie lowercase & uppercase matters). So make sure the Auto-Config-URL is entered exactly as above, otherwise may result in 404.

YAS users: Do not forget to perform "Delete Extra Files" procedure through YAS after updated.

hey i was just wondering its kind of ace related but im trying to install certain mods by using the modfolder method which has worked on most of them. but im having trouble with 1 or two of them and i dont know why because when i type them into the target line and press apply it doesnt say its an invalid path or anything but when i get in game its not there??? lol sorry if this is a little off topic but would be grateful for help. :) but also a more ace related question, im trying to update using the console version but it says "mod is tagged 'skip' in the configuration file. skipping......" how do i get it to check properly?

Edited by DRoberts69

copy and paste the new configfiles out of your @ACE folder into your main configfiles folder

ace stores the new ones into your @ACE folder

That folder is empty for me :(

Nevermind, I found them zipped :)

Anyone else having problems ??

Mismatch server and client side, all updated to latest version with SIX

All missions giving mismatch, no updates found client and server

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater - NOT WORKING

Up again, incase it happens in the future:

To update, uncheck "Autoskip", hit "Reset Skip Status", and when done, hit "Execute" like you would always.

Autoskip works properly again once DH is back up.

Edited by Sickboy

Roger .. thanks Sickboy

New Six installed server and client

Hi I installed ACE 2 with this method:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0imM1RV-1k4

Because I could not figure out the six-suite installer thing. Now I realise there are updates being released every few days for ACE 2 and I am wondering how I update my ACE 2? And I still appear to be able to play on ACE servers even though I am not updated to the latest version.

Please help me understand this.

hey i was just wondering its kind of ace related but im trying to install certain mods by using the modfolder method which has worked on most of them. but im having trouble with 1 or two of them and i dont know why because when i type them into the target line and press apply it doesnt say its an invalid path or anything but when i get in game its not there??? lol sorry if this is a little off topic but would be grateful for help. but also a more ace related question, im trying to update using the console version but it says "mod is tagged 'skip' in the configuration file. skipping......" how do i get it to check properly?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The logic is only a variable anyway:

if (isServer) then {ace_sys_wounds_enabled = true;publicVariable 'ace_sys_wounds_enabled'};

it work

where or how can i find oters module variable ? (lifter...)

Edited by gonza

Hi I installed ACE 2 with this method:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0imM1RV-1k4

Because I could not figure out the six-suite installer thing. Now I realise there are updates being released every few days for ACE 2 and I am wondering how I update my ACE 2? And I still appear to be able to play on ACE servers even though I am not updated to the latest version.

Please help me understand this.

This is one of the worst possible ways you could install _any_ mod for arma 2.

This is one of the worst possible ways you could install _any_ mod for arma 2.

Why is it bad? What do you suggest I do to update? Do i have to reinstall?

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Can someone please give me a step by step guide on what to do? Is there ANY way to update ACE 2 with the method I have installed it?

Why is it bad? What do you suggest I do to update? Do i have to reinstall?

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Can someone please give me a step by step guide on what to do? Is there ANY way to update ACE 2 with the method I have installed it?

i suggest you ask the guy who made that vid to help you. :D