Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

First, is the game off? Otherwise, turn it off first. If that's not it, it could be a Vista or Windows 7 problem. I use XP myself so I don't know the details, but you might have to be an administrator or something to have permission to save the file.

I know the question of how to turn the radio chatter back on has been beat to death in this thread and I'm sorry ahead of time, but I have a problem. I've researched on this forum and went to the ACE2 FAQ's and I'm still stuck. I know to get them back on you have to add "//" in front of the #define ACE_NOVOICE string. My problem is that my computer will not let me save after I edit it with notepad. I keep getting and error message that says file name or destination invalid (or something similar). This is my first mod and I may be missing something simple, but does anyone know how to get past this? Thanks.

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_ACE2#I_can.27t_change_the_userconfig_files

Problem fixed! Thanks so much. Guess I didn't check the FAQ's as well as I should have. Oh well...lesson learned.

alright i thought it was that but what will the link be because there are only two applications in there and they are "arma 2" and "arma 2 server" are either of these it?

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Tried both links in the directory still hasnt worked, is there anyway i can manually install?

The link you have on your desktop tp start ArmA 2 with, right click on that and select properties. Then in the target line put this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA

Of course you should change the path so it points at where you have ArmA 2 installed.

Thanks JW you've been alot of help but it seems i had a lot of files missing or something because i clicked on the console version of six updater and its downloading many files again. lol. however it cant seem to download acex because it gets stuck on the first file ace_bink_us_acu.pbo because its quite big and the connection is so slow that it keeps timing out before it can download it all any suggestions because im pretty sure thats not the only file that should be in the acex folder lol. And tbh i don't know why its going so slow because if im downloading off somewhere like armaholic its normally quite fast:/.

Okay, I made a post about the "broken" nuke and this is what I got.

Updated by Evil_Echo about 6 hours ago

From the changelist...

•New graphics for nuclear weapons. Permissive Action Links functional. [Evil_Echo]

From wikipedia....

A Permissive Action Link (PAL) is a security device for nuclear weapons. Its purpose is to prevent unauthorized arming or detonation of the nuclear weapon.

The United States Department of Defense definition is:

“A device included in or attached to a nuclear weapon system to preclude arming and/or launching until the insertion of a prescribed discrete code or combination. It may include equipment and cabling external to the weapon or weapon system to activate components within the weapon or weapon system.†The earliest PALs were little more than locks introduced into the control and firing systems of a nuclear weapon, that would inhibit either the detonation, or the removal of safety features of the weapon. More recent innovations have included encrypted firing parameters, which must be decrypted to properly detonate the warhead, plus anti-tamper systems which intentionally mis-detonate the weapon, destroying it without giving rise to a useful nuclear explosion. It is presumed that modern PAL designs don't include self-destruction mechanisms."

I have posted on the BI forums REPEATEDLY.

1.Don't bypass the EASA system. It's there so eventually mission makers can impliment weapons authority control.

2.Don't try hacking the nukes, the results would be "unfortunate".

The ACE wiki also mentions PALS and their effects.

Right now, IF you use the EASA system the PAL codes verify automatically. Eventually there will be an option for the mission maker to allow a battlefield commander to control who gets access to a nuke via EASA and what value to set for the current PAL code. Then the commander can issue that code to only those authorized to use. All realistic and also helping gamers prevent nuclear team-kills.

Certainly valid uses and extensions to the nuclear system are not only allowed, but welcome. One just has to follow the rules so that everything interacts properly as I improve not only on the graphics effects, but utilize other parts of ACE to enchance the realism of my system.

Blah blah blah right? He manages to go through all this seemingly accusing me of hacking the nuke or something? and then just says a bunch of useless (to the situation of course) information...

But what I can get from it is that he is saying there is something I have to do to get the nukes to work? Does anyone know what that might be? I'm guessing it has to deal with the "Permissive Action Links"?

Thank you for your time.

Okay, I made a post about the "broken" nuke and this is what I got.

Blah blah blah right? He manages to go through all this seemingly accusing me of hacking the nuke or something? and then just says a bunch of useless (to the situation of course) information...

But what I can get from it is that he is saying there is something I have to do to get the nukes to work? Does anyone know what that might be? I'm guessing it has to deal with the "Permissive Action Links"?

Thank you for your time.

I explained that the nuclear weapons are not broken and why. Every part of that explaination was relevant to your problem.

I also updated the ticket your posting on DH with further information including an offer to help you if you uploaded your mission so I could understand what you are trying to do.

There was no "ambush" here. People kept asking about classnames for the B-61 and talking about bypassing EASA to add them to aircraft without hardpoints. I tried politely to say that such things would not work right and would work even less well in the future. Just adding the bomb launcher for the B-61 is inadequate and bypasses much of the coding needed for the complex effects in ACE's nuclear weapons.

With new graphics effects in place ( stuff the users asked for, BTW ) and the project to add further enhancements to weapons authority is moving along the result is that if you don't follow the exact sequence of operations you end up dropping a bomb casing that won't go bang.

Legally scripting the loading of ACE nukes is quite doable, as is generating a ground burst for mission special effects. So can be extending the system to new weapons. But the rules have to be followed. They weren't published because they were in flux, that can begin to change now if people ask nicely.

Edited by Evil_Echo

hi

i have updated all the ace module via six gui

but when i try and run ace i get this error

aceerror.jpg

how do i fix it? have run the six gui updater, tried the clean up option as well as the config option and tried running it via the desktop shortcut created by the six gui page

Its time for some of you to recognize who your talking to. The guy you brush off is an ACE dev so i would take what hes telling you quite serious as he should know more than you...

Anyway, thanks ACE team for adding some new content. Was pleased to see SA's BMD1. :) Big thanks to SA as well for letting ACE use it.

Appreciate the good words Alex72. There are times we all need a thank you to reassure us that all the work is actually worthwhile. And thank you back to you all for being a good user base and being as patient as you are while we try to work miracles.

I'm sure Minizzzile did not mean to sound as negative as he did, just frustration coming through. His problem with the B-61 is likely easy to correct once the proper information flows back and forth.

with a version of RAV Lifter included in ACE (which I use quite heavily on some of our missions) is there a way to get this version to work with other helicopters as with the last update to the module it stopped working on helicopters that I use such as the Chinook http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78695 or do I have to go back to the standalone version?

Thanks,

hi

i have updated all the ace module via six gui

but when i try and run ace i get this error

aceerror.jpg

how do i fix it? have run the six gui updater, tried the clean up option as well as the config option and tried running it via the desktop shortcut created by the six gui page

Have you been running:

Uninstall_ARMA2Patch_1_04_beta.exe

From the latest beta?

Have you been running:

Uninstall_ARMA2Patch_1_04_beta.exe

From the latest beta?

yes. i had latest patch and ran beta uninstaller and now have this. reinstalling 1.05 doesn't help.

yes. i had latest patch and ran beta uninstaller and now have this. reinstalling 1.05 doesn't help.

I had to re-install ArmA 2 after i ran that stupid uninstaller :mad:

I'm not sure if there's another solution :(

I have a request / suggestion please...

I'd like to see information on the front page about ease of uninstallation. I'm worried that ACE will mess up my ArmA2 game and I won't be able to load savegames either from the vanilla game or games saved with the ACE mod back into the vanilla game.

I only want to use ACE to try OPERATION JACKAL'S HUNT by USRanger 707, and I want the vanilla game for every other time I play. BUT I'm scared to install ACE because the instructions talk about the installer modifying the game and I want reassurance that its easy to remove.

I have a request / suggestion please...

I'd like to see information on the front page about ease of uninstallation.

You won't have any issues with it. Unistalling a mod in A2 (ACE2 included) = removing the addon folders.

Plus, your savegames are stored in a different locations than the default or custom ArmA2 install dir

Thanks for the reply. If it just goes into a @Folder then why does it need an installer?

Thanks for the reply. If it just goes into a @Folder then why does it need an installer?

There is no installer in the real sense for the Mod.

There is the six updater suite that will download and place the folders for you, and keep you up to date with changes (3 releases per week)

It will not create entries for ACE2 in your registries though.

I only want to use ACE to try OPERATION JACKAL'S HUNT by USRanger 707, and I want the vanilla game for every other time I play. BUT I'm scared to install ACE because the instructions talk about the installer modifying the game and I want reassurance that its easy to remove.

It is a mod as Pufu said and therefore it doesnt change the game at all if you dont load it as addon. This is the power of the game. Just add ACE when you want to play it and remove the command to start it when you dont. You can even have several launch icons at the same time with for example: Vanilla ARMA2, ACE ARMA2 and BETA ARMA2. And just click the one you want to play. :)

ok ive got all the files both the console version and the GUI version want to download but when i click the shortcut play arma2 with @ace;@acex..........

It keeps saying that there is a userconfig file missing this 1 to be exact "include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found" what is this and how do i solve it? any help would be appreciated. :)

Anyone know if it's possible to get the crosshair to display for the door guns in the UH-1Y? All other crosshairs are displaying correctly.

ok ive got all the files both the console version and the GUI version want to download but when i click the shortcut play arma2 with @ace;@acex..........

It keeps saying that there is a userconfig file missing this 1 to be exact "include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found" what is this and how do i solve it? any help would be appreciated. :)

Go into:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE\store\userconfig

Copy the 4 files...

ace_clientside_config.hpp

ace_keys.hpp

ACE_serverconfig.hpp

ACE_Tracking.hpp

...into:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE(if the directories doesnt exist create them \userconfig\ACE)

Now your at it also do:

Open C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp up in notepad or another text editor. Then locate this part...

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

class Identity

{

name = "John Doe";

};

...and change John Doe to the profile name you use in ArmA 2.

Go into:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE\store\userconfig

Copy the 4 files...

ace_clientside_config.hpp

ace_keys.hpp

ACE_serverconfig.hpp

ACE_Tracking.hpp

...into:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE(if the directories doesnt exist create them \userconfig\ACE)

Now your at it also do:

Open C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp up in notepad or another text editor. Then locate this part...

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

class Identity

{

name = "John Doe";

};

...and change John Doe to the profile name you use in ArmA 2.

JW since you are apparently well informed here could you tell me how to straighten out a config error I get latley. Something to the extent of files or keys in the ace\config not being right. It does not prevent me from playing but I seem to remember a post saying that occassionally you need to delete something some where so it can update itself properly. Thanks.