Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Didnt the last update accidentally delete the files from @ACE/userconfigs? atleast i have nothing in there :O

u can even update the userconfigfiles with the updater (select an override action)...

Thanks for the info BearBison! i found the store folder! :) i thought that the store folder was coming with next update so i wasnt even looking for it before.

And you too BlackMamba, thanks for the tip!

Apologies if this has been asked before - but I'm running the updater and I can't seem to get it to download anything. I click the Execute button and it gets as far as opening the DOS window and "Trying rsync://killingtimeproductions.com/rel/ace/." but there's nothing going across my Internet connection.

Can anyone help please?

PS - the video of the installer won't work (in Chrome or IE8) - I get a little icon at the top left of the window where the vid should be.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but can someone please explain to me whats going on with the Hellfires? I can't get the AI gunner to lock on to a target. I've tried the designator and all the different modes and I can hit a thing. The gunner doesn't seem to fire the cannon much at all anymore either. Was ACE2 designed to be played with a human gunner to get all of this to work right? I do the majority of my playing in singleplayer since I don't have a good internet connection so I'm stuck with the AI. Thanks.

Heh well i'm not really ACE certified but maybe i can help you anyway :p

Whats the exact error message you get?

When do you get the error message, when updating or when joining a server?

I get the message when I first land in the game itself. I.e. boots on ground. But it never henders me from playing. Unlike the pop up messages that state I have a different version of ACE than the server.

Exactly what it says I can't remember, but will note it next time I enter today. And update this.

Well thank you for the time, it sounded like you were saying I was some kind of stupid when I posted the ticket. I appreciate the fantastic free mod but it makes it difficult when you update ACE and a mission you have been working on for a week just fails to work now. My friends and I don't follow what you guys do and the changelog just said "Updated nuke animations" Or the like, so when a nuke just makes a little "poof" of smoke we assume its broken.

If you can give me the nuke effect with a trigger that setdamages 1 in a certain radius that will do just as well.

Thank you for your time

Your ticket was updated. I released a new API for mission makers to use for simulation of ground bursts and even included a rewrite of the the affected script in your mission. The new API should roll out with the ACE release on Monday.

I just want to give a bit of constructive critic. I find the elevation adjustment with the up and down keys for the underbarrel grenade launchers (M203) highly unrealistic. You should be only able to change the elevation by moving the gun via mouse not with the up and down keys. It looks very strange if you set the elevation to 500m point the gun to the ground and the grenade flies straight into the sky.

Your ticket was updated. I released a new API for mission makers to use for simulation of ground bursts and even included a rewrite of the the affected...

Alright thank you for your patience.

Genesis

I just want to give a bit of constructive critic. I find the elevation adjustment with the up and down keys for the underbarrel grenade launchers (M203) highly unrealistic. You should be only able to change the elevation by moving the gun via mouse not with the up and down keys. It looks very strange if you set the elevation to 500m point the gun to the ground and the grenade flies straight into the sky.

Yes, I sort of liked the old system better, but no biggie though, great mod.

Thanks Alex72. I have already done this. All crosshairs are working except for guns in vehicles. Do you have crosshairs when you are the door gunner of helicopters? Is this a deliberate feature? I have no idea how I am supposed to aim vehicle mounted weapons that don't have crosshairs or a working iron sight.

Ah gotcha. Those ones yeah... I guess for now its using the tracers to see where to shoot. You'll lose some bullets though ofcourse, and some might not even have tracers. Maybe there are plans on adding crosshairs on them later on. Not sure, but would be good.

Maybe check what weapons lost the crosshairs and make a ticket about it to help them out could be an idea unless its an active decision.

I use this setVariable["LHD", true, true]; this setVariable["NoHangar", true];

Im unable to put the module on top, someone can help me pls.

Thank you

arma2_12.jpg

Hey mate, wanna make that image smaller in dimension and filesize. Images have to be under 100kb. :)

Hello

is it possible to active or unactive wounding system in a paramsArray (with script) to let players chose if they want to use it or not before starting mission ?

I thing that condition of presence don't work for module

Thanks

Hello

is it possible to active or unactive wounding system in a paramsArray (with script) to let players chose if they want to use it or not before starting mission ?

I thing that condition of presence don't work for module

Thanks

Condition of presence should be working exactly the same as with any other object.

The logic is only a variable anyway:

if (isServer) then {ace_sys_wounds_enabled = true;publicVariable 'ace_sys_wounds_enabled'};

For medical module:

Description.EXT

class Params

{

class ACEMEDICALMOD

{

// paramsArray[5]

title = "ACE Medical Module";

values[] = {1, 2};

texts[] = {"ON", "OFF"};

default = 2;

};

};

Ingame (Module Presence)

(paramsArray select 5) == 1

Is there a way (when fly AH etc) to enable designate targets for an AI gunner while a human is the pilot?.

Bump! Can anyone help me with this installation problem please?

Apologies if this has been asked before - but I'm running the updater and I can't seem to get it to download anything. I click the Execute button and it gets as far as opening the DOS window and "Trying rsync://killingtimeproductions.com/rel/ace/." but there's nothing going across my Internet connection.

Update; I forgot to mention that the installer asked permission to access the Internet through my firewall which I gave.

Since I started this question I downloaded ACE and ACEX - I assume installing these manually will be just the same as using the installer?

Update; I forgot to mention that the installer asked permission to access the Internet through my firewall which I gave.

Since I started this question I downloaded ACE and ACEX - I assume installing these manually will be just the same as using the installer?

Use Yoma's Addon Sync 2009, much easier!! :)

Thanks - I had a look at Yomas Addon Sync, it seems VERY much online multiplayer orientated, or have I got that wrong? I don't play online.

AND it commits the sin of not having an uninstaller in the Program menu :/

Please have a look at Documentation, Known Issues and FAQ,

otherwise leave us a ticket with listed required info so we can trace and hopefully resolve the issue.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/wiki/Bugz

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks I've had a quick look.

N00b question; should the updater actually download and install ACE from scratch? Or do I need a version there before it works?

Please have a look at Documentation, Known Issues and FAQ,

otherwise leave us a ticket with listed required info so we can trace and resolve the issue.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/wiki/Bugz