Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

oh ok, aslong as the higher trained ai that i give a high percentage on the slidder are more accurate, it is cool with me, but is it possible to change their tactics, eg, russians will flank and supress whereas militia will attack front on?

thanks for reply btw, and how do i edit detection range? it is great now BUT i would like to make it more difficult.

spotDistance[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 0.4};

I understand this is just the required skill setting for any ai to have the corresponding probability of spotting someone, but how do i change the actial distance at which they spot, also, can i use multiple sets of numbers or just 2?

Thanks in advanced.

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

how do i edit the hpp file though.... i know what i want but it wont let me edit the file. I am using arma pbo viewer btw.

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

also, where do i go to change the distance the ai actually engage from?

Edited by Tom1

[/color]thanks for reply btw, and how do i edit detection range? it is great now BUT i would like to make it more difficult.

spotDistance[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 0.4};

In zeus AI core pbo I think it's already set to something like {0, 0.85, 1, 1}

During a starry night AI with medium skill had no problem spotting an unmanned little bird 1km away (That was in Zeus for vanilla though when I used it, maybe it's different in ACE version? Gotta check it out)

Note however that in your mod initialization line Zeus should go after @ACE to change ACE variables. Zeus changes won't work if @ACE goes after it.

I understand this is just the required skill setting for any ai to have the corresponding probability of spotting someone, but how do i change the actial distance at which they spot, also, can i use multiple sets of numbers or just 2?

Only two pairs are allowed. 1 is a maximum distance, although I'm not sure what does it mean when it comes to meters. There is probably a way to extend distance beyond that through additional scripts, but I'm pretty sure you can't do that in CfgAISkill.

There is also SpotTime variable which means something like the time enemy needs to stay in the view of AI to get spotted and recognized.

Zeus also uses additional recognition scripts that make it more balanced and faster for various types of units (ai_recognition pbo) but I didn't dig through it much.

how do i edit the hpp file though.... i know what i want but it wont let me edit the file. I am using arma pbo viewer btw.

Open and edit it with any text editor of your choice.

Note however that HPP is merely a source code with comments. What affects the game is config.bin / config.cpp

Official BIS tools pack has a 'cfgconvert' software that lets you convert Bin to CPP and vise versa. Config.cpp is a text file as well (I don't remember where I downloaded it from though, look around Armaholic probably)

also, where do i go to change the distance the ai actually engage from?

It is set in CfgWeapons class.

The pbo you need to modify is zeu_ai_rof.pbo

There are variables that let you set the distance of engagement and probability of AI using it for each weapon present in game

oh ok, aslong as the higher trained ai that i give a high percentage on the slidder are more accurate, it is cool with me, but is it possible to change their tactics, eg, russians will flank and supress whereas militia will attack front on?

I think the best you can do here is set lower 'Skill' for militia and higher 'Skill' for russians. I don't think ArmA2 engine can treat AI of each nation present in game differently.

Lower skill will mean lesser teamwork and higher skill more teamwork. Obviously this will also increase/decrease all other skills.

Edited by metalcraze

Hi yall. When I have the lastest zeus should my AI be starting i danger mode everytime? They just spawn and are constantly in danger mode. It breaks my mission one and just dosent seem like it should be. Please advise thank you.

Zeus AI isn't something you put in the "map" (or more precisely - "mission"), but is something you run on the server and affects all AI in all missions.

a ok. So we in my clan have a server box runing. so if we put this mod on it will effect all game types?

Yes. Though if players are commanding any AI they need the mod as well if you want the AI they are commanding to be affected as well (those who don't have the mod will have all AI under their command behave like in vanilla). To affect enemy AI behavior only the server needs to run the mod.

That is awsome news thanks Sickboy and Protegimus

just had a look on six updater and there is two @zeu optoins one @zeu_ace and other just zeu.

what do?.

thanks

edit

is it to make zeus compatible with ace?

Edited by stk2008

As I understood the ace version in sixupdater has some pbo files removed due to the fact that they simply does not support ace or ace allready has made significant changes that makes them redundant thats why you have one ace and one without ace to download to make it easier for the public to make the right choice. read the readme file that comes with Zeu ai for more info :)

Hi! Im playing the mod, and I see the weapon to close! How Can i make it for see the weapon more further back?

I may add a bypass variable that as a mission maker you can set on specific units to disable Zeus AI behaviour.

did a bypass variable you can set on specific units to disable Zeus AI behaviour ever get put in, or is the another way to acheive this?

Just like to drop in and say thx for making my death rate go up about 80% :D

Added it to my server and its almoust like a new game.

Thx :yay:

Comrades, can somebody upload last version of ZAI ACE on some filesharing server? I cant use six updater because I must use .NET 3.5 on my computer. Or update 1st post in this thread.

Just wanted to drop in saying THANK YOU for this absolutely game-changing addon!! youve made every 2 minute "Im Probably going to get killed now" engagement into a 5-10 minute sustained firefight!!!

Also youve made me leave my room that much less, which is a good thing here in iraq! :yay:

keep up the good work! :D

Question: Im reinstalling stuff due to a few mod conflicts I overlooked.

Will this work alongside:

SLX mod's AI bits

ASR AI rearming AI tweaks

Cheers!

Zeus AI certainly works alongside ASR's Rearming mod.

Dunno the SLX.

You best bet is to ask Gunter Sverloh via the A2WarMod thread.

He's fast becoming the expert at integrating SLX

I'm having signature problems. (I swear modding this game drives me batshit crazy)

Im starting a server with Zeus mod using the TA2DST server exe . When i connect to it, the server says my game is using the @CBA event handlers, and the server is not signed by a key for that mod. (I'm running the server from the same damned folder I'm running the game from!)

The server has both Zeus and the CBA eventhandler mods running. Am I suppose to put the bsign files somewhere different than the mod folder? Wheres the key to sign the mod for the server, and where do I put it?

Edited by Richardg

I figured it out.

For those that dont know, you have to drop the mods .bikey files into the games keys folder when running as a server, to approve the mod for joining clients.

By the way, nice mod. I've never been shot at so much in this game. The real eye opener was when a tank opened up with its main gun on me when I was hiding in the woods.

Ill ask again....When I have the lastest zeus should my AI be starting i danger mode everytime? They just spawn and are constantly in danger mode. It breaks my mission one and just dosent seem like it should be. Please advise thank you.