Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

I think Zeus AI still can be very important to the community beyond a level that BIS can provide. I see allot of behaviour that can be improved in OA patch 1.59. So i was wondering if this mod still has a chance of existence? After reading the last experiences and comments i'm not sure what the status of this great mod

Hi, guys.

I've got a problem. When I'm trying to launch standalone Arma 2 with ZeusAI appears the following error-message:

"Addon 'zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion' requires addon "CAweapons_E"

Does anybody know how to fix this? It is said that 'CAweapons_E' is an OA file. Does it mean that ZeusAI is presently compatible with OA only?

I use ACE 1.3 (CBA, ACE Core, ACEX, ACEX_SM) and a couple of non-AI addons like islands, Bundeswehr etc. My game version is 1.07. I tried to use ACE-compatible version of ZeusAI taken from here.

Obviously it does require OA/CO as newer Zeus was made with newest ACE versions in mind (which are Combined Ops only).

It will be better if you buy OA. Trust me - it adds a lot plus you will be able to use latest ACE versions with more features.

There is no reason not to.

He's not even running the current version of ArmA2. lol.

I see, I'm definitely outdated, surely outmoded, and profoundly obsolete. :)

Apparently there's no chance for me to try ZeusAI until I get CO. I would have gladly done it before, but we have two separate local publishers for standalone Arma 2 and OA. Hence no CO available at all. I think my way out is Arma 2 + OA + some manual wizardry. :)

Now as for non-current version of Arma 2. I use the latest patch for the Russian version of standalone Arma 2 officially issued by our local publisher (Akella). And the patch is 1.07. Not more, not less.

Thanks for the answers.

Hi there,

I have a problem with ZeusAI and Upsmon. The UPSmon fonction 'nofollow' don't work and ZeusAI take AI control.

Is anybody have a solution for this ? parameters or other isue (don't tell me unuse UPSmon ou ZeusAI ;) )

thks

Edited by zygene

I believe the "no follow" only controls the LEADER of that unit. He will still give orders for the rest of his team to engage enemies outside of their "marker" area if deemed a threat.

Wish UPSMON had a "hard" "no-follow" order (for all within a unit). That is what you want.

I think my way out is Arma 2 + OA + some manual wizardry. :)

OA will automatically install over AA2 and have its content integrated = you get CO

Now as for non-current version of Arma 2. I use the latest patch for the Russian version of standalone Arma 2 officially issued by our local publisher (Akella). And the patch is 1.07. Not more, not less.

All BIS patches support all versions. You can download a patch from an official site and it will work

Am I stupid or is this really comfusing.

I downloaded the ACE version of this mod ... I don't have any @Zcommon

only @zeuAI and even when I install this mod succesfully and add it to my dedicated server running ACE I can't join my own server.

without this all runs fine.

please advise ... thank you

Is this mod going to be updated?

Just tried this and it's very impressive. Was amazed at how the AI advance and take positions in buildings/towers while in combat.

But I'm getting an annoying bug which is ruining the whole mod, the AI sometimes just stop responding and stay in one spot for which seems like eternity.. I even left the game running while I went afk - when I got back, they hadn't moved at all.

Another glitch, after a few fights the AI seem to get stuck in "combat" mode.. the leader never calls the "all clear", even when I know for a fact there is no enemies around. It's very frustrating having the leader take cover every 5 meters when the battlefield has been cleared for the passed 10 minutes :(

Really disappointing since this is such a great mod. Absolutely love it. I just hope these problems get resolved soon!

Are you using the version from Armaholic?

Because chances are it is still the old version from 5th Oct 2010 which has AI getting stuck issue.

The most recent Zeus AI mod is here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/files

(both in vanilla and ACE-compatible versions)

If you will have problems like AI breaking formation and the game stopping responding for 20-30 seconds remove GLX and netcode pbos.

I've had to stop using Zeus. The AI jump in and use any vehicle they find, even enemy ones. Bit of a pain when you mission is to destroy a hidden helicopter and the AI guarding it fly the blighter away!

Delete GLX and netcode pbos - it will be enough.

To describe the issue:

GLX is a Group Link 4 pbo that tries to make AI better - like using assets and change formations depending on the situation. While it may look cool and intelligent for AIs not controlled by the player the problem is that it also takes away the control away from the player when leading the AI squad.

Protegimus seems to have stopped updating the project - so unless someone will code in disabling of GL functions for human-controlled squads we are out of luck and have to delete GLX and netcode.

Edited by metalcraze

Sorry Metal, are you replying to me specifically? Will downloading those PBOs stop the AI doing the vehicle stealing thing?

Not downloading. Removing them.

If AI tends to go about its own thing ignoring you - the first suspect is GLX.pbo

The second is zeu_sys_ai (although its only bad effects are tanks trying to hide from combat and AT gunners taking forever shooting at vehicles)

Ugh. Did I say 'downloading'? Yes I did. I meant removing! :)

I've not had foot mobile AI ignoring me, though occasionally, I've had an AI Taki insurgent MBT completely ignore my Warrior.

I think I'll take out GLX and netcode at first and see how we get on. And report back, of course.

Thanks, MC. :)

its somehow not obvious to me in what .cfg or .txt file i have to define the accuracy and skill on a dedicated server.

any help?

s4ikD: C:\...\ArmA2\default\Users\default\default.ArmA2OAProfile

ok let me rephrase that, i need the location of the config on a dedicated linux server.

still the arma2oa profile?!

Edited by s4ikD

the latest version linked, on the previous page, occasionally kicks players from our servers, any fix for that?

and does anyone know where to set the skill values on a dedicated server?

we have a "player" folder with a oa and arma2 profile, both set the same values, but it feels like accuracy and skill is on the maximum... ultraai aint on.

Delete GLX and netcode pbos - it will be enough.

To describe the issue:

GLX is a Group Link 4 pbo that tries to make AI better - like using assets and change formations depending on the situation. While it may look cool and intelligent for AIs not controlled by the player the problem is that it also takes away the control away from the player when leading the AI squad.

Protegimus seems to have stopped updating the project - so unless someone will code in disabling of GL functions for human-controlled squads we are out of luck and have to delete GLX and netcode.

Why the netcode PBO as well?

Ugh. Did I say 'downloading'? Yes I did. I meant removing! :)

I've not had foot mobile AI ignoring me, though occasionally, I've had an AI Taki insurgent MBT completely ignore my Warrior.

I think I'll take out GLX and netcode at first and see how we get on. And report back, of course.

Thanks, MC. :)

OK Metal, I did as you suggested and it works just fine. The AI are still aggressive, they try to flank and attack from behind, but they no longer steal my teams or other preplaced vehicles). This is excellent. Many thanks.

Edited by Tankbuster
misspelled username ;)

Please update the signatures for the ACE version.