Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

imho i would recommended you not to use A.C.E. with Zeus AI.

As i can remember some versions ago A.C.E has his own A.I behavior modifications..so it could be..tricky

:j:

Why should any changes be necessary?

The author of this mod hasn't posted in this topic for months, by the way.

Yes, no updates for a very long time. Unless he comes back to the world of Arma and updates the mod, this mod is not recommended, not with 1.6, not with ACE and not with ASR.

Why should any changes be necessary?

The author of this mod hasn't posted in this topic for months, by the way.

Because the vanilla AI and the game engine has made huge steps onwards since the last version of this mod, it might not be fully compatible and working anymore...at least, less than it was with the version of those days..

Yes, when you make a modification for the default AI, if the default AI changes, you're likely to need to change your modification as well for it to work as intended. Same for when you make modifications to modified AI (aka AI mods that are meant to be ACE-compatible).

i still plays this mod with alot of fun :-)

the only pbo i have removed is the findcover pbo...

Forgive me if this was mentioned already, but is this mod compatible with ACE?

Protegimus has been MIA for months now. So am hoping this little news post doesn't tread on anybody's toes or offend anyone.

I have modified an unnoficial version of Prot's AI which we are currently running on the Zeus server (Serverside only at present)

It seems to be stable and removes the laser accuracy of the AI since the 1.60 patch

We are seeing Innacurate engagements at 400m + in daylight, with good sustained firefights at 300m, becoming lethal at ranges of less than 200m

and AI is detecting us at night without NVG's at 50m if running, yet allowing stealth approach

Included in the download package is the test mission I used, which allows parameter selection for testing under the following conditions.

• Ranges: 100, 200, 300 and 400m
  • Daytime: Sunrise, Midday, Sunset, Midnight
  • AI Skill : 0.25, 0.5, 0.6, 0.75, 1
  • Equip with Night Vision: Yes, No

The current config values were tested on a dedicated VANILLA server with the following settings:

• skillFriendly=0.98;
  • skillEnemy=0.98;

I also recommend unit AI skill in the mission editor to be set somewhere between 0.5 and 1

If you want to tweak your own version, I suggest using the test mission included in the download package

and only edit the zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

The current settings for this particular config are as follows

class CfgAiSkill {
aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 0.39};
//	aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0.1275, 1, 0.38};	// nice firefight
//	aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0.1275, 1, 0.3};		// not too accurate at skill 1 at 100m
//	aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0.1275, 1, 0.165};	// Too low
//	aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0.1275, 1, 0.465};	// Original settings
aimingShake[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 0.5};
aimingSpeed[] = {0, 0.25, 1, 0.8};
endurance[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 1};
spotDistance[] = {0, 0.85, 1, 1};
spotTime[] = {0, 0.1, 1, 0.7};
//	spotTime[] = {0, 0.1, 1, 0.595}; Too slow
courage[] = {0, 0.45, 1, 1};
reloadSpeed[] = {0, 0.1, 1, 0.7};
commanding[] = {0, 0.5, 1, 1};
general[] = {0, 1, 1, 1};
};

As you are now aware, since 1.6 the following server settings are no longer used

• precisionFriendly
  • precisionEnemy

You can download this unnoficial version from

zeus_Ai_Modified.zip

This can be run serverside only, also clientside if you wish, but its untested clientside

Please DO NOT DISTRIBUTE

Credits to:

Mike for initially creating a modified package

WheresMyRabbit for helping testing the config tweaks

Edited by Terox

Does this version conflict with the ACE mod?

Not tested

The ammo, weapon dispersion configs are for Vanilla equipment only, so if ACE classes inherits without altering the values then yes it will effect it

does it work in Single Player missions and campaigns?

It should do that nicely

Thanks, but one question...your modified version contains less files than "normal" Zeus by Prot, is it because they have been combined or some features have been included in vanilla game, or your modified version took away some features from Prot's?

A personal consideration. I love the firefights at medium\long ranges this mod allows, they are the most exciting I've ever had with A2. There is a trade off, however, as AI doesn't know how to shoot without wasting ammo and this leaves my team mates without ammo and they don't automatically rearm. Would it be possible to add an auto rearming feature like ASR, and if not, is ASR rearming feature compatible with Zeus?

Edited by folgore_airborne

A personal consideration. I love the firefights at medium\long ranges this mod allows, they are the most exciting I've ever had with A2. There is a trade off, however, as AI doesn't know how to shoot without wasting ammo and this leaves my team mates without ammo and they don't automatically rearm. Would it be possible to add an auto rearming feature like ASR, and if not, is ASR rearming feature compatible with Zeus?

You could probably use ASR_AI with this, but you may want to turn of the 'AI skills feature' in the userconfig and just leave in the re-arming feature. A possible 'gotcha' is that ASR_AI also redefines the CfgAISkill class so this might have an impact on Zeus. Although I am not sure what effect CfgAISkill actually has as I did some testing with redefiining it yesterday and on it's own doesn't seem to affect anything.

Then all the files I need should be asr_ai_main (for Core ASR) and asr_ai_sys_airearming, with asr_ai_sys_aiskill_feature set to 0 in the userconfig file, right? Or even only asr_ai_sys_airearming?

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try!

Edited by folgore_airborne

Updated with default settings on the CiA temporary coop server. Initial testing shows good results.

Thanks for the update Terox. I will keep an eye on this thread should you guys enhance the setting to get even better results.

Does this mean that, provided we run this new version of Zeus AI and the current ASR AI, we can increase skill (Friendly & Enemy) back up to their full values (0.985/0.995) without fear of the AI turning into terminators?

If so, what values do you recommend for precisionFriendly and precisionEnemy?

The main question is - does AI still have the old issue that was fixed in 1.60 but was never fixed in Zeus AI itself before - the issue of soldiers running for cover first upon direct and relatively close contact instead of firing at the enemy - making AIs a very easy prey for human players.

For me it was the main reason why I switched from Zeus AI to ASR AI.

I have been away from running zeus for 10 months and only just recently took up the reigns. During my absence Protegimus went M.I.A and the admins decided to stop running Zeus AI because in their opinion, the advanced development that Protegimus was doing was adversely effecting their missions and gameplay, specifically the find cover issue and some other AI supporting AI elements.

The current Unnofficial release is pure config

All the scripting elements have been removed because they do affect (For us anyway) the AI behaviour in a negative manner

So all the "Find cover" issues and any other behavioural elements that were controlled by scripts are no longer present.

What you have is a set of configs that effect

Engagement ranges (Prots original values))

Weapon dispersion (Prots original values))

AI ability to see, hear or be seen and heard by other AI (Prots original values))

AI Skills, specifically Accuracy: Tweaked by me for 1.6 patch compatability

I have neither the time or inclination to tweak these values further or develop this addon further unless there is an important enough issue that needs addressing

We will also start playing ACE again soon, so I may put together a package for that too. (No promises)

As for any compatability with ASR_AI. I haven't tested it with them nor will I be.

I only uploaded this package to help out those who liked using zeus ai but were having the same issues we were.

As for the query about PrecisionFriendly/Enemy, this is no longer in use since the 1,6 patch, and according to Dev Heaven, is not likely to be re-introduced

NB>> CIA server are reporting issues with the Dispersion.pbo when running a BAF mission, for a quick fix, simply remove the "zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion.pbo"

Edited by Terox

so there is no way to balance there ammo consumption with Zeus alone? I am running some tests with ASR, will post the results when I do more.

Anyway, won't remove the weapon dispersion pbo make the AI laser-accurate again?

NB>> CIA server are reporting issues with the Dispersion.pbo when running a BAF mission, for a quick fix, simply remove the "zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion.pbo"

We ran the same BAF mission on Zeus (Running under CWR Mod) that CIA had issues with and did not get any error messages, so it may just have been a quirk caused by a players incorrectly installed MOD

---------- Post added at 15:46 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

so there is no way to balance there ammo consumption with Zeus alone? I am running some tests with ASR, will post the results when I do more.

Anyway, won't remove the weapon dispersion pbo make the AI laser-accurate again?

This is all to do with the weapon configs, stating what size bursts to use at what ranges etc. Ofcourse if they are less accurate they will use more ammo. This shouldnt be an issue for enemy AI, if its an issue for friendly AI, simply have a resupply stage in the mission, or if that is too cumbersome and slow, or create a resupply trigger area which will rearm them

I've notices there is no bisign file in your release.

if i wanna replace my old Zeus files with yours, do i have to remove those bisign files? or keep them?

thanks

Metalcraze, that was only a problem with the beta .pbos that most people didn't use. They broke missions anyways.