Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Agreed. People who tout ASR as a replacement for ZEUS are failing to see that ZEUS does WAY more than ASR.

False.

Right now ASR is all positive features of Zeus and then some without the negative ones.

Agreed. People who tout ASR as a replacement for ZEUS are failing to see that ZEUS does WAY more than ASR.

Are you referring to Zeus with or without the beta files? Because the newer stuff did some unprecedented things, but never really got finished.

There is no competition between Zeus and ASR, each of these mods does things that the other one does not and it's not necessary a matter of which is better but how each author wants to shape the game from his own perspective.

Please stop this X is better than Y thing, it's silly.

There is no competition between Zeus and ASR, each of these mods does things that the other one does not and it's not necessary a matter of which is better but how each author wants to shape the game from his own perspective.

Please stop this X is better than Y thing, it's silly.

Agreed, some of it is also mod load order I think..

I used Zeus AI with GL4 and thought they were quite good together, dropped Zeus however to move onto ASR_AI and GL4 mix instead. The GL4 does a great job i.e. house searches, garrison buildings, smoke granades galore etc, if they hear a twig break they out a smoke grenade…..but its all good and works very well. ASR_AI are a little more subtle when mixed with GL4 I think, you have similar things in both mods so whichever order you have them loaded can alter the way they act, I assume one tends to cancel out the other a little here and there, however since loading ASR_AI I have found the AI are more accurate and tend to heal each other a little more, so its all good. The SLX mod I tried for a few days dealt with that side fantastically well, dragging injured comrades out of the line of fire more often and healing each other, also had loads of other stuff in there that was inspirational, plus great effects and combat modes, touble is you spend more time removing bits of it, things that course odd effects like bouncing weapons etc, so obviously that kind of spoils it. I must admit though I stuck at it for a few days taking out bits, but all in all I have put it to one side for now. GL4 and ASR_AI together, seem to stand up very well and do a great job..

I understand that there is a sort of SLX lite (not an official name) a re-worked version, may try that..

Do anyone have experience with replacing Zeus with some other(s) AI enhancing mod(s) on a dedicated server?

Now I'm using ASR + findcover.pbo from Zeus. Id like to improve on this, if at all possible.

Maybe we could start a Dedicated server AI-thread ?

I find that the ACE AI is by far the worst to use for black ops. They spot you from a million miles away through grass. I think an AI that goes prone in a grass field should loose visibility dramatically. Instead they see you through all the grass in their face.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I find the normal AI is my favorite even though it misses out on the details, atleast the visibility and flanking works much better in my opinion. I add a script for random patrols and we are set. If someone could mix that with some of the cool features like entering buildings and medicing it would be perfect. ASR-AI sees from too far away as well. The zues AI seemed cool but crashed my game.

If you can see them there isn't much of a reason for them not to see you. Most of the time at least.

I'm getting the following error messege whenever I attempt to launch ZeusAI:

Addon 'zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion' requires addon 'CAWeapons_E'

Anyone knows how to remedy this??

Saludos...

I think its outdated. Development has stopped a long time ago

I find that the ACE AI is by far the worst to use for black ops. They spot you from a million miles away through grass. I think an AI that goes prone in a grass field should loose visibility dramatically. Instead they see you through all the grass in their face.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I find the normal AI is my favorite even though it misses out on the details, atleast the visibility and flanking works much better in my opinion. I add a script for random patrols and we are set. If someone could mix that with some of the cool features like entering buildings and medicing it would be perfect. ASR-AI sees from too far away as well. The zues AI seemed cool but crashed my game.

Sorry dude but you're spreading bullshit. Feel free to prove your statements in the ACE or ASR AI threads or even better, in the respective issue trackers.

eXzeQKnmihk#t=199s

Edited by Robalo

Robalo is right. Also ASR AI can cut AI visibility at night by 2 (or more if configured) times so if anything night approach with ASR is easier.

Both ASR and Zeus see properly far. In vanilla it takes a lot of time for AI to spot a dude 500m away even in the desert.

has anyone been able to download the latest zeusai? I got zip from armaholic by the name of: zeu_AI_v0.02d1.7z

and readme says its 0.02d... when there should be v1.04b ???

I removed the ace ai pbo's, even at night they can spot you from 1000 miles away. So I'll run either ASR or Zeus depending on the mission. If I need a frontal assault, Zeus, anything else is ASR.

I removed the ace ai pbo's, even at night they can spot you from 1000 miles away. So I'll run either ASR or Zeus depending on the mission. If I need a frontal assault, Zeus, anything else is ASR.
ACE and ASR AI configs are basically equal, they are both maintained by Robalo :D

You can leave the ACE AI pbos and enable ASR AI so that you can enjoy the enhanced AI scripting, incl afaik 50% spotting skill at night - script induced.

If you report the issues you are experiencing, it can be looked into; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Here you go: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25882

Edited by Sickboy

The issue should be related to broken configuration for certain units,

in the original game; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26117#note-7

We've solved it in ACE for upcoming update: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25882

Can I ask - How does ZEUS work with the latest official released patch?

I haven't upgraded past 1.52 (for a few of my own reasons). One of those reasons is I found for my SP play....that the ZEUS version I have worked incredibly well with A2/OA 1.52.....

However, I'm having to do a compelte reinstall and will likely patch up now to the latest version. Just curious of ZEUS works as well.....I was reading awhile back where ZEUS did not work as well with the newer versions / patched A2/OA. Having some conflicts or whatnot with the updated A2 AI

How do i know if addon is installed correctly? Also, it works with the campaigns?

To check if Zeus was added correctly simply check the right-hand side of the menu screen.

There on the top-right should be listed all the mods that were installed, e.g. Zeus AI

As for compatibility with campaigns, I would say "NO". The reason is that the Zeus AI mod, along with most other AI mods (GL4, SLX, ASR AI) modify the behaviour of troops automatically so much so that missions designed to achieve a certain effect without these mods might finish very differently with these mods activated.

My advice is to enjoy these mods (ASR AI in particular) in multiplayer but to avoid them in SP.

To check if Zeus was added correctly simply check the right-hand side of the menu screen.

There on the top-right should be listed all the mods that were installed, e.g. Zeus AI

As for compatibility with campaigns, I would say "NO". The reason is that the Zeus AI mod, along with most other AI mods (GL4, SLX, ASR AI) modify the behaviour of troops automatically so much so that missions designed to achieve a certain effect without these mods might finish very differently with these mods activated.

My advice is to enjoy these mods (ASR AI in particular) in multiplayer but to avoid them in SP.

Great, thanks!

NP mate, glad I could help.

BTW if you want to improve your campaigns without borking the missions, I can suggest:

- JTD Fire & Smoke mod

- OpticalSnare's WarFX Blastcore mod

- Mando's Missile mod

- Lord Jarhead's JSRS mod

- ShackTactical's HUD mod

All of these require the CBA mod

Does this mod work with other mods? Say I load up Invasion '44 and have a co-op mission with this mod installed. Will it improve the AI there, too? Or only vanilla and ACE?

Does this mod work with other mods? Say I load up Invasion '44 and have a co-op mission with this mod installed. Will it improve the AI there, too? Or only vanilla and ACE?

In all cases the AI will be improved since there is only ONE AI! So this mod affect AI, no matter what addon you run unless its not another AI addon. But I think you can also combine them, like ZeuAI and ASR or so, dunno for sure!

Jarhead