Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

In some time if player been spoted, and bot stay to close near player, bot dont shoot in player(ammo full), tested in different situations...

Check this plz!

zeu_ace_c_wep_dispersion.pbo

This PBO is not signed correctly.

I propose add a little but important feature!

If you squad leader, you can order to friendly AI "Throw grenade" on your cursor position, or enemy target

Or if target is soldier and his in house or behind wall, throw grenade, in some time bots without ammo for main weapon, just stay and look on you , but has grenades in inventory

Maby on next release, add ability change throw grenade modes for AI

What you think, it actualy?

With all due respect to the creator of this mod, can someone please clarify whether this mod is still worth using, or if BIS's official updates give better AI performance?

I'm using the latest version of this mod (v0.02d) on dev-heaven. I created an OPFOR sniper team on a mountain facing me, on flat ground, about 360m away. They won't engage me no matter what. I've tried shooting the ground around them and running circles to get their attention, but all they do is go prone when they hear gunshots and then stand back up again after a few seconds.

In other test scenarios, the AI takes about three seconds to kill me at point-blank range, or crawls right in front of my nose without bothering to shoot at me.

I've been wondering the same thing, but I think the engagement range changes are still worth it, as the ACE changes aren't as complete AFAIK.

I've been wondering the same thing, but I think the engagement range changes are still worth it, as the ACE changes aren't as complete AFAIK.

Perhaps not the best place here, but in an ACE ticket, but I'd be happy to hear why do you think that.

Perhaps not the best place here, but in an ACE ticket, but I'd be happy to hear why do you think that.

I was under the impression that ACE simply adjusts certain spotting and engagement ranges, while the whole purpose of early ZEUS AI was in extending them wholesale.

None of the documentation I have seen has elaborated on ACE AI changes. I would be interested to read a more detailed overview of them.

In response to a relatively large number of folk dropping by our TS server and forums with queries regarding the status of Zeus AI and technical issues with the mod:

Zeus gaming community stopped using Zeus AI around the start of January 2011 and have had little/no contact from Protegimus since around late December 2010.

As such I cannot offer much if any technical support for users of the mod.

I can however answer a couple of questions we frequently get:

1) Does the mod have to be run, server side, client side or both?

The mod must be run on the server, the client having the mod will not make a difference that I or the other Zeus folk I've asked know of.

2) What was the latest version?

The last update Protegimus made available to us was in December 2010.

This version can be downloaded here

3) I have the mod but the AI still act dumber than a brain dead baboon with a gun.

Honestly? I have no clue, the game engine has had a couple of updates since the mod's last update and as such the mod may not have retained is functionality. I honestly cannot say as Protegimus was the only one at Zeus who knew how the mod worked and as I've already mentioned he has not been available to pester.

Any technical problems you have are probably best addressed to the man himself via these forums, if you do get in touch with him let him know the folk from Zeus say Hi :)

best of luck,

Toadball

Zeus Gaming Community Server technician monkey

I'm sure I've seen him playing A2 recently, or someone masque ring as him! I'll see if I can find him again.

Guys if you want an up-to-date AI mod that takes into consideration latest changes in beta patches (Zeus doesn't take into consideration changes even from 1.59) - go for ASR AI

Zeus also has an outdated danger.fsm code which in fact will make AI worse in comparison with changes in the recent betas.

dangerFSM has not been changed nor have any AI config values been tweaked. so you are talking nonsense.

two comment to ToadBall's statement:

a) you need the addons client side if you command AI yourself for them to be improved too

b) you better remove the scripting part as it causes a lot of issues (zeu_FindCover, zeu_GLx, zeu_netcode, zeu_sys_AI) and keep only the config tweak pbos

1) Does the mod have to be run, server side, client side or both?

The mod must be run on the server, the client having the mod will not make a difference that I or the other Zeus folk I've asked know of.

Don't wanna sound like an ass correcting you, but I'm pretty sure it effects AI depending on locality. If I have Zeus running on my client, AI local to my client should be Zeusing it up.

Now if the AI is local to the server, then Zeus needs to be on the server.

dangerFSM has not been changed nor have any AI config values been tweaked. so you are talking nonsense.

[83496] Changed: Danger FSM event DCFire is now sent only when unit not in the combat mode yet (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23160)

as an example

Perhaps I understood something in a wrong way?

Yep you did. There were only engine changes. No modifications in the dangerFSM itself.

two comment to ToadBall's statement:

a) you need the addons client side if you command AI yourself for them to be improved too

b) you better remove the scripting part as it causes a lot of issues (zeu_FindCover, zeu_GLx, zeu_netcode, zeu_sys_AI) and keep only the config tweak pbos

As said, it's Protegimus' mod and I have no intention of messing with things I don't understand, I'm just providing what he last provided Zeus with, if you think this will improve it by all means remove it.

Regarding the client/server side that was going on what I was informed of when updating our game server by the bloke before me who was in charge of it, not claiming it's right or wrong just what I was told.

As I said before: I'm only providing a link to get the latest version not to provide technical support as I have no idea about the workings of the mod and provide reliable help.

Detection/accuracy seems just fine in latest ACE, and the scripting parts definitely could use some updating, which is why me and my friends no longer use it, and even Zeus no longer use it as far as I'm aware for about the same reasons.

Was a great concept for a mod but unfortunately it doesn't get the additional work it needs.

Might try ASR when I have time to see exactly what it improves and what it might break.

After reading the last few pages, it seems that its time to drop ZEUS AI, sadly.

Im looking for input on how to improve my dedicated server AI in lieu of zeus. What are you guys using? Maybe a seperate thread for dedi server ai would be appropriate?

Mostly UPSMON script in missions (used it with Zeus AI too). Might try ASR AI mod as well.

Go for ASR AI

AIs deploy smoke but don't spam it, they also grab ammo from their backpacks and from dead bodies, they share info within a configurable radio range (if they have radios), see worse at night without NVGs just like humans and AI config settings are more tweakable.

Combined with UPSMON (in case you make missions) it really turns AI around.

Go for ASR AI

AIs deploy smoke but don't spam it, they also grab ammo from their backpacks and from dead bodies, they share info within a configurable radio range (if they have radios), see worse at night without NVGs just like humans and AI config settings are more tweakable.

Combined with UPSMON (in case you make missions) it really turns AI around.

What is UPSMON and why do you need to combine it with ASR AI? Im going to start trying out ASR AI for my private custom missions thanks for all the input

I play bennys warfare, and i combine it with GL4 and zeus, cause they make the AI agggresive. There are a parameter in Bennys to turn on upsmon, but when i use upsmon, sometimes in my experience, the AI gets stuck...

I dont know what Bennys is. Is it a different game than arma? What would be the best AI for black ops missions? Im not looking for extremely aware AI that can see me before I see them. Im looking for AI that goes in buildings and does all kinds of neat things but not an AI with super eagle Eyes.

I was just trying zeus ai and it crashed the game. The ASR AI didnt do too many cool things compared to the zeus ai like deploying smoke and climbing into guard towers. The game crash was a huge turn off though.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

might I add that the ACE AI is pretty annoying at night. I cant see a thing and yet Im being attacked by people from long distance.

. The ASR AI didnt do too many cool things compared to the zeus ai like deploying smoke and climbing into guard towers.

Agreed. People who tout ASR as a replacement for ZEUS are failing to see that ZEUS does WAY more than ASR.

you are confused? ASR AI throw smoke and climb towers. ASR_AI are better. There have been recent betas that have nerfed or made the AI too good. Rob stays on it.