Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Allow me to display my ignorance:

What is TS3?

I am using the version from armaholic.

Nevermind, a little bit of google and I'm all straightened out. I think I found a link that worked in an old thread, downloaded a version of Zeus AI anyway.

If my 1.5 year old son lets me have any free time tonight I'll try it out.

Edited by jake8787

Teamspeak 3. What's the server? I can't find any info about it.

Edit: lol disregard that, I found it. Which file am I supposed to download? zeu_AI_v0.02d1.7z?

Edited by Concurssi

People who have issues with AI getting stuck after the combat try playing without zeu_sys_AI

Thanks for the advice but what does zeu_sys_Ai.pbo do anyway?

Thanks for the advice but what does zeu_sys_Ai.pbo do anyway?

Actually now that I've checked it in-depth - apart from using FindCover.pbo which is responsible for AIs taking cover (but can't work without sys_AI) it's also responsible for AI engaging (I honestly can't see a difference in their reaction times and aggressiveness without it) and throwing smoke grenades and frags (it still throws frags without sys_AI just as well, but not smoke). So the price is a bit higher. I'll check to see if it's possible to use just "throw smoke" script separately from the rest of the scripts.

Teamspeak 3. What's the server? I can't find any info about it.

Edit: lol disregard that, I found it. Which file am I supposed to download? zeu_AI_v0.02d1.7z?

Yep.

Thanks Metalcraze & company. I found the file on TS3. Looking forward to trying it out!

Awesome!

The latest version of Zeus AI fixed my problem, I didn't even have to remove the zeu_sys_ai or whatever that file was. Now it works like a charm.

So do I need to download and install TS3 to install the most recent version of this mod? Could somebody upload it to a filesharing site if so? My readme says "Last modified: 04.10.2010".

Oh wow hurr totally missed that. Thanks. :)

So does this actually fix the annoying issue where AI troops take about three minutes to board a vehicle seven meters away?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Have some problems with a mission.

One of our guys have made a mission that works with beta and some addons, but not with the Zeus_AI.

We get an error saying that we can't play / edit this missions due to missing "zeu_oa_c_wep_dispersion".

The mission is not made with any other addons than A2CO and we have tested it with and without beta on both server and client. We are 5 people who get the same error and it's on dedicated server.

We also use Zeus AI v0.02d.

Can someone please help us with this one?

The server *.rpt just have that errormessage in it....

I believe the only up to date files are on the TS3 server.

Which can't be accessed through a web browser?

So does this attempt to fix the boarding AI taking three hours to board a vehicle? Does it also attempt to fix the AI being stuck in "combat mode" for a prolonged period of time?

So does this attempt to fix the boarding AI taking three hours to board a vehicle? Does it also attempt to fix the AI being stuck in "combat mode" for a prolonged period of time?

I haven't read the changelog, but it fixed those problems for me.

Have some problems with a mission.

One of our guys have made a mission that works with beta and some addons, but not with the Zeus_AI.

We get an error saying that we can't play / edit this missions due to missing "zeu_oa_c_wep_dispersion".

The mission is not made with any other addons than A2CO and we have tested it with and without beta on both server and client. We are 5 people who get the same error and it's on dedicated server.

We also use Zeus AI v0.02d.

Can someone please help us with this one?

The server *.rpt just have that errormessage in it....

Got a tip from nkenny:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1800518&postcount=1119

Which basically ment that I deleted "zeu_oa_c_wep_dispersion" on the server, and now the mission works great.

Thanks nkenny

Hello,

I finally chose to uninstall the whole Zeus module.

After days upon days of tries, two problems remained.

1) friendly IA couldn't hold fire as ordered and would auto-switch to open fire, thus ruining any mission based on stealth !

2) enemy IA had a huge recognition distance, with for example IA APC without night vision able to spot and shoot my guys 800 m away in pitch dark.

I am sorry but without Zeus the missions now work like a charm... (though being much easier now).

I will make a last try with the "findcover" PBO, but I believe SLX also has a findcover module.

Thank you for you work but I'll not use this mod until fixed

AI not holding fire is fixed in 0.02d1, make sure you have it.

Version at Armaholic is very old and quite buggy.

AI not holding fire is fixed in 0.02d1, make sure you have it.

Version at Armaholic is very old and quite buggy.

Unfortunately, maybe inexplicably, it wasn't fixed for me as of today with version 0.02d1 as made available by AnimalMother

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

As requested a few pages before, it would be nice to have a detailed list of functions of each PBO for this module.

When I removed SYS_IA just to see if my friendlies would hold fire, something really weird happened. All the IA enemies could instantly spot me from any distance, and start shooting all together in my direction without ever hitting me.

Even tanks at point blank with their coax!

Not sure yet which PBO causes this, but it seems doStop commands are ignored when running ZeusAI. I have several missions with units that are setCaptive and given a doStop order so that they stay in one place, however now they're running for the hills ;)