I've got to take a look around the new version but I've got a neat little storyline planned for a Task Force Lion Coop mission/ mission set using the PRACS gear.

@Icebreakr: I get lag also but its normally just in the first 5 minutes as it is loading and rendering everything. ACE seems to make it take even longer to render eg: i've encountered whole areas with whiteish blueish plants that rendered 5 minutes later.

Only an issue with ACE so far.

New Isla Duala i have REALLY good performance. Better than previous build (0.99). However Panthera i cant play since the update you did (to the better!) but all the BIS heavy orange/yellow trees kill all FPS. Before the update it was one of my favs due to the awesome island itself and the FPS was so great.

But it doesnt matter. I have my fav now - Isla Duala. :)

Thanks for this update, as Alex72 stated I'm getting way better performance with this new build than the previous. Also, my new stuff that I'm working on out of sheer boredom looks EPIC on this island. Thank you!

Yep I have to say that Duala is my Favorite map too. It's just so awsome.

Thank you Icebreaker for this excellent map. And Shabaz for the Molation troops to populate it with.

SD

My new fave island as well. Is there any really thick jungle section with long grass? looking but cant find it yet.

A suggestion for the intro, not to make the transition between scenes so abrupt, it needs a more gentle fade in and out.

Yeh i know, i shouldnt be watching intros, should be playing but i was just on the phone for 15mins watching the intro and it was annoying the way it flicks to black.

So nothing was added to the surrounding islands or is it just me?

Also, how far along are those Afrene troops. I cant wait for them!

zaphod6502: you're using @Panthera too, right? File ibr_plants.pbo supplied with Duala v1.0 is newer (removed all rpt errors, added posed object) but ArmA2 uses the first one loaded, that is probably the one from Panthera and second file is then skipped.

Ah thank you! You are 100% correct. I am a very happy user of Panthera. I will delete the old Panthera file. :)

Thanks IceBreakr for your hard work your done with the islands.

I have to comment about performance. I have old rig as you can see in my sig and both islands have very good fps, Isla Duala & Panthera so i don't think you need to optimize anything.

Is there any warfare gameplay possible with this island ? Looks really nice i will try it, thx a lot for this =)

Where can i find the classnames for the Molatian Army Units ?

Where can i find the classnames for the Molatian Army Units ?

MOL_officer

MOL_Rifleman

MOL_Medic

MOL_Soldeir_AA

MOL_Soldier_AT

MOL_Soldier_MG

Found by just un-pbo the .pbo file and had a look in the config.cpp

Anyone find a good town to reenact the movie/book DOGS OF WAR?

Zangaro needs a town with a central military base, and headquarters/presidential palace with water access. I think I found a town near the upper airport that will work just right :)

Just wanna say awesome map and real quality workmanship!

Minoza: strange, in our team we have no performance issues and we're mostly using old rigs (8800 GT, Dualcore E6750)? What are your specs? I probably won't be doing any optimizations, all I can do is remove A2 trees that have performance issues.

zaphod6502: you're using @Panthera too, right? File ibr_plants.pbo supplied with Duala v1.0 is newer (removed all rpt errors, added posed object) but ArmA2 uses the first one loaded, that is probably the one from Panthera and second file is then skipped.

I'll update Panthera soon, meanwhile just delete the ibr_plants.pbo from Panthera v2.31 installation folder.

You can see my spec in signature. It's not always bad performance, actually it's great until you stand in front of and look at dense wood. BAM! From 45 FPS to 15... Walk like 10 meters in the woods (so that you have less trees in sight to render) and FPS goes up... Turn around to area without trees again, 45-50 FPS, turn around to trees, again, 15 FPS...

Try it, I'm not saying this is problem for everyone it might be something to do with my and similar rigs... dunno... By the way BIS trees kills my FPS on Chernarus too but not like this, not at all, worst scenario is 22-23 FPS in a lot of action when woods are dense. But I experienced bad framerate on Panthera without any action, just looking into dense woods, your turning goes hard, slow, mouse feels heavy, you know what I mean? It's really noticable for me and it's annoying...

A question more for the guys doing the troops than for Ice, but can you also reskin the BIS Insurgent vehicles and put the reskins under the Molatian tag? Such cool infantry models will need vehicles to fight with, being such a large, open space. If nothing else, the Urals/Utility trucks, UAZ and 4x4 conversions would be good enough with, maybe, a Mi-8?

The Molatians don't strike me as having much in the way of high-tech, but maybe a 4x4 with an AT weapon mounted on it could be a good counter to enemy armour? The Russian AN-2 would be a good parachute base, would anyone agree?

Very nice map - lots of objects to play with and good perfomance.

BTW, does anybody have an issue with some shadows?

http://s60.radikal.ru/i170/1001/1d/00f8d3cabdf0.jpg

http://s002.radikal.ru/i199/1001/6e/5e9ecd94cd9b.jpg

http://s005.radikal.ru/i212/1001/93/8475e61486a4.jpg

It's the shadow of one building, visible even through the landscape.

Me too, bad conversions of ArmA 1 buildings. I also get some horrible stretching of textures through certain cities.

ATI Radeon HD 4800

Whats your shadows settings?

On panthera i had those bad shadows when having it on Normal but on High it was fine!

On panthera i had those bad shadows when having it on Normal but on High it was fine!

And Namalsk too. Low & medium shadow settings use CPU and high & very high use GPU to draw shadows.

"Normal". I guess, those shadows belong to some objects that were ported from A1. Others, as I saw, have no problems with shadows.

Use shadows = High to get rid of that awful shadow LOD bug. I've reported it to BIS months ago and they still haven't fixed it:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/5406

Good news, Duala v1.1 is on the way, changelog:

- completed two additional smaller islands that belong to Afrene (SW) and Molatia (NW)

- fixed small hut & guard hut heights on main Afrene checkpoint (by the bridge)

- removed several street lamps to cut down electricity costs

- fixed tower height in Camp Noobia

- fixed config error "Ruins" that appeared in Editor

- moved posed guard towers to ibr_dtowns to ensure compatibility with Panthera 2.31

- removed pink coloured spots on ground near ruined bridge

- replaced house textures to ones more suitable to Africa (based on RL African infrastructure)

Edited by IceBreakr