EDIT: Before i come back later and ask how to use it - is it an object in the editor? (grasscutter).

EDIT2: Hmm i have the ibr_plants.pbo loaded but i cant see any related menu option for it. Its the ibr_plants.pbo that came with your island though. Is it another one needed as you mention ArmA1? And do i need that editor update addon or does it come with ACE maybe? Many questions lol sorry mate.

I think you have to manually place that "grasscutter" using it's classname :confused:

Hmm que? You mean with like invisible helipad and call the grasscutter in that? Or... Eh im lost. :D No idea.

My base is getting big and this is all that i need now basically. I made the base after images of real FOB's and it looks really nice. Just too much grass. :)

Being able to lose grass in certain areas would be nice - for example for our own bases and where we've put our own bases and emplacements.

Would it be possible to add them to the editor for us, IceBreakr, as well as the dirt track sections (for linking our bases and so on to the existing roads)?

Hmm que? You mean with like invisible helipad and call the grasscutter in that? Or... Eh im lost. :D No idea.

My base is getting big and this is all that i need now basically. I made the base after images of real FOB's and it looks really nice. Just too much grass. :)

I was thinking spawning it but i can't find anything in the config!

Guess you'll have to wait for a new release guys.

Alex72: send me mission via PM, so I can see what I can do about it.

You'll need the grasscutter object from A1. I can provide the config for it if needed (imported it for use in my squad's missions a while back), but it'll create an addon dependency in your mission (for obvious reasons).

Edit: Just saw Ice has included it in one of his PBOs ;)

Edited by JamesF1

Guess you'll have to wait for a new release guys.

Alex72: send me mission via PM, so I can see what I can do about it.

Ill wait for the new release, but thanks Ice for wanting to help even though your packed with work. :)

"Cluttercutter" is essentially an invisible flat plane "object" that supresses clutter when you place it... it's a deeply handy object widely used when actually making an island.

Ice HAS included it in his objects PBO (if you use it, you have to include it... I noticed it while rooting around inside the latest version), however - for Alex72 to actually "see" it in the editor and be able to place it in the usual "mission editor" way, it would need to be given a little config entry and be assigned a classname (to give it a sort of "handle" by which the editor can get a grip on it and offer it for use - otherwise it's just an island object and the editor doesnt recognise it)...

So - the "config" that JamesF1 was talking about above would be handy... that would essentially make it an independant "cluttercutter" addon - with the side effect he notes - it would become a "required addon" for the mission...

The other alternative is to define cluttercutters classname, etc in the island objects config in the appropriate way, so that when the island is loaded, cluttercutter becomes an associated custom object - available in the editor.... That would also cause a requirement in the mission - but since it would be for Duala and it's a Duala mission you have that dependency anyway, so thats OK...

I'm no expert on all this stuff, but I'm fairly sure that thats the basic options... Cluttercutter as an independant object is easy enuff, but - mission required addon, etc..

The alternative requires waiting for Ice to update the objects PBO config at some point...

*edit*

Hmm... now I come to think of it - there is a third alternative..... the cluttercutter.p3d is pretty small - 1kb - you could just embed it - plus it's little associated config stuff - in the actual mission itself... I think that would work... or maybe not...

B

Edited by Bushlurker
had another idea :)

Download MAPFACT Editor Upgrade (MapEU).

Under Empty, MAP: EU-Road is an object called M road_invisible. Removes grass from a large-ish area, perfect for building bases.

Yup - any of the "invisible road" objects will do the same thing... In this case, "MapEU" provides the config, and therefore becomes a "required addon" for the mission...

B

Bushlurker: if you use it, you have to include it

Thanks mate. I understand it so far, but the problem is that i dont know HOW to use it. Im not familiar with using something that isnt in the menu's so to speak. Invisible road ill check right away!

@Daniel

Ill test that thank you.

Thanks to both of you for tips. :)

EDIT: Hopefully one of those cutter thingys will become a thing all island makers can include with their islands? So we always have a cutter. Possible?

Hopefully one of those cutter thingys will become a thing all island makers can include with their islands? So we always have a cutter. Possible?

I was just thinking the exact same thing.... I'll have a fool around with the entire idea later this evening... :)

B

Ahh guys you're pissing me off :)

http://www.icebreakr.com/islands/data/grasscutter_config.zip

Replace .cpp file inside of my ibr_plants.pbo with this one in zip. Intended for mission editors until v1.1 arrives that will feature the same thing.

You can find "Grass cutter" under Empty>Objects in Editor then.

Example:

grasscutter_demo.jpg

Hehe!

Well done IceBreakr!

Tho now you've pissed ME off! ;) :)...

There goes my excuse for a lazy evenings configfoolery.... now I've got no excuse tonight not to lay yet more b***dy roads on my island!

hehehe

B

WOW thank you Ice!!! :notworthy: ...and sorry for giving you more work. :o

And LOL Bushy! :D

is anyone else getting this problem? when i go to the empty section in the editor, i get this error pop-up. it doesnt matter what map it is, just happens when I have @IslaDuala loaded at all. Kinda annoying as it happens every time I go to the empty section.

arma22010-01-1915-43-34-41.jpg?t=1263954438

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicleClasses.Ruins'.

:confused:

My favorite Island by far, I can't play anything else.

AnimalMother92: been already fixed in v1.1. You'll get it when I'm done.

I'll try to sketch out where a bit more slums could go tomorrow. That is, if you weren't just being sarcastic. You never can tell. lol.

AnimalMother92: been already fixed in v1.1. You'll get it when I'm done.

Take your time the island is awesome as is now ;)

Soldier of Anarchy: I'm hoping wld247 will help us out with upcoming Mig-21 ;)