Ok, I'm getting close to the release of Isla Duala v1.0 and I'll soon have ready a new version of Panthera, too. Whats the big news? After more than 20 hours of config tweaking: Alice (Civilians & Civilian Vehicle) modules work on my custom island by simply placing module icons to the mission and I've been able to eliminate almost all of the RPT errors!

---

Enad: sent me PM, maybe a sketch what you would actually see on the map.

Thanks for all the work ICE.

@IceBreakr

It seems to be that the island @Panthera, and this island use the same name "ibr_plants.pbo"with the island Duala.

So we cannot combine it within our common Island addon map.

What i saw in the file itself is that they cannot be used together.

Renaming them would solve this simple matter ;)what are ur plans regarding this matter?

The used key is the same as panthera... can we use one key for both islands?

Edited by Killg0re
Key adding

Ok, I'm getting close to the release of Isla Duala v1.0 and I'll soon have ready a new version of Panthera, too. Whats the big news? After more than 20 hours of config tweaking: Alice (Civilians & Civilian Vehicle) modules work on my custom island by simply placing module icons to the mission and I've been able to eliminate almost all of the RPT errors!

---

Enad: sent me PM, maybe a sketch what you would actually see on the map.

Great news and thanks!!

Not sure if you would know but maybe once someone creates proper African units, is there a way that they could make those units works with the ALICE mod instead of the Russian Civilians. It seems really hard to do, Im just wondering if its possible.

Also, A sketch of what? The town sizes or the more African oriented houses?

Enad altering Alice to use new "faction/nation" is possible. I just switch from CIV/RU to something else I guess? Right now only CIVs spawn, no Russian population :)

Killg0re: I'll release new ibr_plants.pbo so you can use it for Duala or Panthera, they will be the same. All RPT errors are removed from them and I've added couple of ruins.

Enad altering Alice to use new "faction/nation" is possible. I just switch from CIV/RU to something else I guess? Right now only CIVs spawn, no Russian population :)

Oh so it is possible. Cool!

But what do you mean..? What are the CIVs? They aren't the BIS Russian Civilians?

Some Faces that come with ArmA 2 by default could be used with the Molatian/Afrenenian Troops

By Classname:

Face78_Camo4

Face40_Camo5

Face40_Camo2

Face40_Camo1

Face39

Face37

Face36

Face35

Face34

Face33

Face32

Face32

Face28

Face27

Face26

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

@Enad:

But what do you mean..? What are the CIVs? They aren't the BIS Russian Civilians?

'CIV' and 'CIV_RU' are the civilian factions. 'CIV' = Chernarussian Civilians, 'CIV_RU' = ethnic Russian civilians.

I guess it's pretty straightforward to add new civilian factions to the list.

D.

Hope you like new road signs I've been making yesterday ;)

roadsign1.jpg

roadsign2.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Signs i can read! Nice one. Cant read any signs on Chernarus.

Nazul tnx, next post will probably be from a guy complaining why we use metric system on Duala ;)

Why are you using the metric system? :O just kidding.

Looking great IceBreakr!

Nazul tnx, next post will probably be from a guy complaining why we use metric system on Duala ;)

Hey! Why are you using the metric system??? I cant read... EDIT:^^ lol same idea.

:D

Awesome sign Ice! And no - there is NOTHING to complain about regarding this island bud. :)

Latest improvements:

- Camp Noobia with following facilities: jogging course, obstacle course, driving school, shooting range (250-400m), bomb practice area, tactics range with house (to train flanking and overbounding), guard house on top of hill with great overview of the base and ambush alley (long road with fake settlement at the end). Hopefully A2 teams will use it to train their n00... err cannon foo.. ahm grunts.

- couple of town road signs at major crossroads to help players that get lost

- river crossings without bridges now have boards warning drivers of high tide :)

- satellite map with roads and runways

- removed bargates that can now be manually added by mission makers

- all four airports feature ILS and AI can use them

- AI with C130 can now take off from Afrenian airport without crashing

- fixed rpt errors in ibr_dtowns and ibr_plants (can be used on Panthera too!)

- added more savannah vegetation to the dull north areas, cut down couple of trees from roads

When? Probably today ;)

Latest improvements:

- Camp Noobia with following facilities: jogging course, obstacle course, driving school, shooting range (250-400m), bomb practice area, tactics range with house (to train flanking and overbounding), guard house on top of hill with great overview of the base and ambush alley (long road with fake settlement at the end). Hopefully A2 teams will use it to train their n00... err cannon foo.. ahm grunts.

- river crossings without bridges now have boards warning drivers of high tide :)

- added more savannah vegetation to the dull north areas, cut down couple of trees from roads

When? Probably today ;)

WOHOO! Sweet. :)

Thank you Ice.

Latest improvements:

When? Probably today ;)

That is Awesome!!!

Seeing the runways from further away will be very welcome and the border crossings being removed was the simplest solution for everyone, truth be told, as is the high tide crossings (so we'll just use BMPs for the high tide crossings, no big deal) :)

I always thought the trees and rocks in the middle of the road were supposed to be there, to be honest... they caught me out a few times, I'll admit... I assume the rocks are still there?

Camp Noobia will be very useful, I think.

Its out:

isladuala10.jpg

New in v1.0:

- ibr_rn.pbo is no longer required (dependency removed)

- added SBP Camp Noobia training facility with: jogging course, obstacle course, driving school, shooting range (250-400m), bomb practice area, tactics range with house (to train flanking and overbounding), guard house on top of hill with great overview of the base and ambush alley (long road with fake settlement at the end). Hopefully A2 squad C/Os will find it useful

- added houses that spawn ALICE module civilians, modules should be working like on Chernarus now

- different ground types now sound differently and bullet hits also sound diferrently

- added a dirtroad from central bridge to Djolan, for Afrenian border patrol purposes

- added new config for 12 major towns to make map compatible with Warfare and spawn modules

- got rid of the missing black.pac file error

- improved Afrene Airport with added fence, new administration building and parking lot

- added street lamps in all major towns

- removed bargates from border, mission makers can make their own now

- added a dirt road on W isle leading to ruins

- runways and roads drawn to satellite map

- added intro (tnx W0lle!) to main menu when Isla Duala is active

- added couple of town road signs at major crossroads to help players that get lost

- river crossings without bridges now have high-tide warning signs

- all four airports feature ILS and AI can use them (hopefully, 2 of them are pretty small!)

- fix: AI with C130 can now take off from Afrenian airport without crashing

- fixed bunch rpt errors in ibr_dtowns and ibr_plants (can be used for Island Panthera too!)

note: Molatian and Afrenian Armies are released separately.

Official site:

icebreakr.com/islands

Edited by IceBreakr

Cool, thanks for all your hard work IceBreakr making this stunning island :cool: