Try south of Pumado for example ;)

Thanks will give those trenches a look :cool:

BTW what would you like to see on nearby islands, thick forests, helipads, fishing villages?

I would love some dense jungle with some of your cool outpost you already have spread around duala :yay:

*EDIT*

I have been driving and flying around the area south of Pumada but i can't find any trenches, can someone give me a position please?

Edited by JW Custom

JW Custom, hopefully this helps, they are hard to spot ;)

pumado_trench.jpg

They are located also at other places, too.

JW Custom, hopefully this helps, they are hard to spot ;)

They are located also at other places, too.

Ahh okay thanks :)

Try south of Pumado for example ;)

BTW what would you like to see on nearby islands, thick forests, helipads, fishing villages?

I think a few small fishing villages would be nice because it could add more possibilities to mission makers; say "Capture the low population island for a reconnaissance position on the mainland."

Jungles and forests would also be a good substitution as well.

I'm tellin yah Ice, merge this map with Panthera and you have the ultimate BEST ARMA 2/Arma/OFP Map EVER!

Hey Icebreakr, really fantastic island! Figure you might like some input (ignore if you want);

In general the landscape looks great, however I think the Savannah look suits the island more, rather than the palm tree jungles. Perhaps some more trees on hills might look a little better to break up their perfectly smooth shape?

In general I think there are too many large towns, my guess might be that if most could be made smaller and more random (in terms of the house direction)/messy looking, they might look a bit more authentic. I'd probably suggest a fence to seperate the Kinsella slums (which could do with being bigger) from the Airport area might look a bit more realistic. More of the hut style villages along the roads might look good as well instead of major towns.

In terms of military areas and camps, I would possibly say there might be too many that are out in the middle of nowhere, perhaps next to key landmarks might make a bit more sense (ie checkpoints entering towns and by the rivers)? Apart from that I really like the border area.

Another thing might be make the buildings slightly different between the two countries so that Afrene looks like its richer in terms of the size of the buildings compared to Molatia.

Anywho, i'd just like to point out that these are more suggestions rather than criticism, your island is fantastic already!

Hey Icebreakr, really fantastic island! Figure you might like some input (ignore if you want);

In general the landscape looks great, however I think the Savannah look suits the island more, rather than the palm tree jungles. Perhaps some more trees on hills might look a little better to break up their perfectly smooth shape?

In general I think there are too many large towns, my guess might be that if most could be made smaller and more random (in terms of the house direction)/messy looking, they might look a bit more authentic. I'd probably suggest a fence to seperate the Kinsella slums (which could do with being bigger) from the Airport area might look a bit more realistic. More of the hut style villages along the roads might look good as well instead of major towns.

In terms of military areas and camps, I would possibly say there might be too many that are out in the middle of nowhere, perhaps next to key landmarks might make a bit more sense (ie checkpoints entering towns and by the rivers)? Apart from that I really like the border area.

Another thing might be make the buildings slightly different between the two countries so that Afrene looks like its richer in terms of the size of the buildings compared to Molatia.

Anywho, i'd just like to point out that these are more suggestions rather than criticism, your island is fantastic already!

I agree with the text in red :)

Edited by JW Custom

Anyone else get a raft of rpt errors with this island?

Not that it's not a great island! I've already pretty much made one mission for it and I only downloaded it yesterday.

Adding some more trees would be good on the little islands, somewhere we can set up some little rebel camps and what not.

Icebreakr: re: Bargates... any chance you can delete the bargates along the border if you can't animate them? I've managed to delete them and destroy them, but not animate them - and I just found that someone else has the same problem on the bugs list (I forgot to check, or it would have saved me hours, ho hum) :)

I'm trying to get all the gates along the border to open and close as friendly (to the gate operators) units approach and might also add a second set of triggers where it delays and then allows neutrals through too. I'm also adding patrols and sentries at various points along the border, although I think I'll be going with a "Molotia strikes Afrene and siezes control and friendly western government comes to their aid" scenario right now for our campaign, I can see the existing borders being maintained for a while once Molotian troops have been removed from Afrene, even after a counter-offensive has begun - that river is enough of a natural boundary to cause problems to an invader, for one thing.

Man, this map has so much potential, I'm loving it!! :)

We do have the addons available for UN intervention. I tried it myself, looked pretty good manning border crossings.

Yeah some thick forests and fishing villages ICE, add to the already outstanding ambience of the island. Low access really reminds you of how remote this island can be. Great work on the lack of clutter and red mud in the towns. Looks now like a high traffic (feet) area.

Maybe just one island with military buildings, heli pad and one of your nice bases.

Anyone still admiring the detail of the ground in some of the shanty towns? ie ciggie packs and bottles etc. Just great to be able to become distracted by such things in the middle of being pinned down by gunfire :)

Truly excellent work. Does the ACM module work with this island ?

Low access really reminds you of how remote this island can be.

Yeah... gonna be interesting when pilots get shot down... I think our pilots will spend as much time rescuing each other as doing actual missions... :)

IceBreakr: cheers m8 - I've no idea what's going on with them. :(

verde13: I'm testing ACM today, Dimitri_Harkov sent me a config and hopefully ACM will work, otherwise we will have a place couple of Chernarus cottages where civs spawn =)

[APS]Gnat: thank you man, I love your work too ;)

And we still don't have open P3Ds so I cannot alter any of the "closed" buildings to have AI points :/

ACM would be sorta weird on this map. Its an African map.

I know It would be an atmosphere killer if I saw some Russian civs wandering around in a shanty town.:p

Unless some awesome person could retexture the civilians to be African American and give them different outfits. Then the ACM module would be acceptable. :D

Hey girls and boys, I have just finished porting WDF to Isla Duala:

When Diplomacy Fails - Isla Duala Version 1.0

Get it here:

Filefront

Required Addons:

Isla Duala

DIH Duala African Warfare (signed; get server key HERE)

The latter is a small replacement addon that enables warfare for Isla Duala.

Here is it's Readme:

DIH Duala African Warfare - Version 1.0

Released: 2010-01-04

Readme

1) What is it:

This is a replacement addon for Icebreakr's Isla Duala.

It enables 12 cities for warfare.

2) Installation

It would be easiest to just copy the files to your Isla Duala addon folder. The usual modfolder method works too, of course.

3) Notes;

This addon will be redundant soon, as Icebreakr will most probably add warfare game logics to his map himself. As soon as this happens, just remove this addon.

4) Credits

Written by Dimitri_Harkov.

Thanks to Icebreakr for his great map.

Usage:

Everyone may edit and/or re-release this mission as he pleases as long as credit is given.

-------------

I hope you enjoy it. I am looking forward to a version where Molatia replaces the NAPA :)

Unless some awesome person could retexture the civilians to be African American and give them different outfits

you mean african units

_

at the end nice work, especially the diplomacy fails from dimitry.