vengeance1: add the feature request up on DevHeaven, its around 15min job to add 3 more airports ;)

Noticed when i was flying that i couldnt see the runways from the air. I guess there is no runway on the satmap or what you call it underneath the runway textures? When coming closer the runways they become visible again. And thats why they arent visible on the map as well maybe?

Alex72 don't worry, thats already been added in v0.991 (internal release, not published). Along with roads in v0.992 (today's build).

hey ice, could you perhaps give ur latest map to a mission maker team, they can then make a campaign using your scenario and map for a cool campaign that can be working by the time of the v1.0 release?

Question: the troop packs are going to be included in the final release, correct?

Bug: some of the tall apartment-style buildings from Arma 1 collapse very easily. Launch 1 Hellfire into the side of it and the building vanishes into the ground.

Still loving this map :yay:

Question: the troop packs are going to be included in the final release, correct?

Bug: some of the tall apartment-style buildings from Arma 1 collapse very easily. Launch 1 Hellfire into the side of it and the building vanishes into the ground.

Still loving this map :yay:

so those tall apartment style buildings are about correct for the damage they can take lol. Those things have iffy construction :eek:

Even though Duala isn't as bad off as Sierra Leone, I'm sure it harbours Kamajor type tribal warriors (complete with magical bullet turning masks and spirit pouches). They may have been trained by external Private Defence Contractors to act as peace-keeping forces but still tend to sacrifice a goat or two before going to battle.

Probably there's also a gang/militia or two who like to use Hollywood movie T-shirts as uniforms with their Warlords dressing in complete bridal gown sets (that bullet turning magic again).

Now we only need a talented addonist to verify these suspicions ;)

Here's an article with some SIG-INT to start from: http://www.viceland.com/int/v10n7/htdocs/gen.php

looks excellent...

still downloading :( can only get 50kb from either DL link, its horrible! there must be a better host for A2 addons for dl speed.

viibez: problem must be your link, there are even 1gig link mirrors :)

When is the new version gonna be released? Im eagerly awaiting it! :D

Alright. Hopefully thats not too long! :D

Offtopic but Icebreakr, do you plan on making any islands after this? If so, you have any idea what kinda setting. I always prefer a desert or arid setting. Looks nicer and better FPS.

So far your easily my favorite island maker. :)

Enad: I'll finish up Duala, update Panthera (get rid of RPT errors & new sat image) then have a break - actually create & play missions with my guys and maybe couple of other A2 squads (TvT/cOOp). Good news is that I got rid of 90% RPT errors on Panthera & Duala. Update will be this done week.

Edited by IceBreakr

Enad: I'll finish up Duala, update Panthera (get rid of RPT errors & new sat image) then have a break - actually create & play missions with my guys and maybe couple of other A2 squads (TvT/cOOp). Good news is that I got rid of 90% RPT errors on Panthera & Duala. Update will be this done week.

Sounds good Ice. You really deserve off time. Your islands are superb and Duala is the one im loading up everytime i play. Cant wait for the final release of it. :)

Thank you.

Yeah I really only play on Isla Duala now. Its so good. I'm holding off on some missions because of the update thats coming soon and I want those Afrene Troops and if I'm lucky some African civs.

One thing I don't like about this map is the towns. I feel like they are too close together and too big. If you go on google and search some images of Africa, You'll see the towns are very small. I'd be nice with one very large city in the north and the south, but all the towns are basically similar in size in this map. Thats my only problem, well and the buildings used don't look very African but its the best you could do. Not your fault. :(

even tho i agree the towns are too small! i like that most are big seeing how lil towns(like in a1 ramadi) sucks! theres only so much you can do with a town of 5 or so buildings..plus i vote for more realistic fob's!

FOBs can be made by mission makers.

Towns are big enough, at least two main ones.

Enad wants smaller towns, soldier2390 wants bigger - you can't satisfy all as you can see. Towns are of different sizes anyway, pick your area for your mission.

Update: Positions and waypoint-move now work for majority of buildings. I'm still figuring out how to enable Alice by default, although spawned buildings (5 african) work perfectly and civilians enter/exit these "fake" doors of BIS :)

IceBreakr, thanks for your hard work. Duala and Panthera are fantastic islands.

I second that. Beautiful work. Good to hear you get rid of the rpt errors.

The quality is outstanding., and yeah you will never make it right to everybody. Art is always personal taste in any form.

My kuddos to you.

cheers:D

I can't wait for those building positions to work.

Oh, the things i could do in the cities, putting militia on rooftops is one thing, but it would be so much better to have them walk around in them :)

Yeah its your island so make it how you want. :)

I really meant that I wish the town varied in size more but oh well.

I wish someone could do a repaint of the buildings for this map. To make them more African looking. Then it'd be perfect.

If you havent notice I made a video of your island and units :D

The funny thing is the 1st town trashed by the molatians is a molatian town next to the base where you see them getting ready lol.

Ok, I'm getting close to the release of Isla Duala v1.0 and I'll soon have ready a new version of Panthera, too. Whats the big news? After more than 20 hours of config tweaking: Alice (Civilians & Civilian Vehicle) modules work on my custom island by simply placing module icons to the mission and I've been able to eliminate almost all of the RPT errors!

---

Enad: sent me PM, maybe a sketch what you would actually see on the map.

Great news cant wait, good by Chernarus